Are we all ready to admit Miles was DLC?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I spend 100-150 during a night out/date if you include drinks food etc. prolly spend 1-2 hours at the restaurant itself

Movie can be 20-30 bucks for a 2 hour movie.

Video games are always a better entertainment value, dollar/hour wise.

oh wow...maybe I should’ve used a more relatable example...you right

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think i would have been happy at a 30 dollar price point. I think 50 dollars was a little bogus. If i were to advise someone on whether to buy it or not I’d def tell them it was good but to wait for a significant sale, I can see this being free on psn next year.
Price ain’t the problem. They should have allowed people to upgrade the game they already had like most other DLC. But they wanted to package it as a “launch game” for PS5.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For sure. Conventional wisdom says wait for sale, so if somebody asked me about it I would say it's short so keep it in mind. I only buy like 3-5 games at launch per yr anymore anyway, so as long as I love the game I got no issue paying full price, and I also have no issue waiting on a game to get much cheaper (or even skip completely) if it's not absolutely calling me to it. I got more issues staying attached to a game anymore than I do finding a game to play for the most part. If I had only "liked" it I woulda had a bigger issue with the price point like I'm sure ppl do, and if I thought I would only like it I wouldn't have played it up to this point.

But tbf I was already a goner from jump because Spidey is my nikka
fOqj5oS.png
any Spider-Man or Batman game will have to do more to keep me away than they do for me to have major interest. Insomniac has followed through tho so far for me

Yeah, I think my problem aside from the length is the fact that I thought it was just OK. Insomniac didn’t really put the same sauce on miles that sony did with into the spider-verse. He as a character felt a little white-washed to me and lost a lot of the personality from the movie. If i didn’t have the movie as a reference maybe i would have been more into it. Uncle Aaron was cool but didn’t feel the same connection between him and miles either.

I think if you never played the original ps4 version of spiderman this game would be a lot funner but I feel like it just felt like more of the same with a fresh coat of paint.

They need to hire more black writers

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Let’s not get out of hand here:hubie:

PS5 is literally a better console then the one you’re on and will always have more games. It’s only a scam if you broke broke:mjgrin:
I wish you would remember my screen name to remember that I'M NOT A FANBOY. BOTH CONSOLES ARE SCAMS BECAUSE THEY ARE ANOTHER MID-LIFE UPGRADE DISGUISED AS NEW CONSOLES, TO IDIOTS...

Yes, the PS5 is better than my PS4 and X One X because you can add some extra lighting to games (Ray Tracing) and about 5 extra little dust particles added per frame (this comes with performance loss) and run SOME games at 4k 60 (Big emphasis on "SOME" and those games visually take a hit at and/or drop frames). I'm on PC more than anything, by the way.

When your mortgage is free and clear and you don't have to work for others, please come back and talk to me about money...(you can search my posts from years ago to see what I'm talking about)

Last edited:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
im sure ill be miserable playing Horizon 2:troll:

Demons Souls is garbage:troll:
Horizon 2 isnt out yet (you better hope it doesnt come out on PC too) and Demon Souls is a PS3 game. I see you were so upset that you read over "at launch"...

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah, I think my problem aside from the length is the fact that I thought it was just OK. Insomniac didn’t really put the same sauce on miles that sony did with into the spider-verse. He as a character felt a little white-washed to me and lost a lot of the personality from the movie. If i didn’t have the movie as a reference maybe i would have been more into it. Uncle Aaron was cool but didn’t feel the same connection between him and miles either.

I think if you never played the original ps4 version of spiderman this game would be a lot funner but I feel like it just felt like more of the same with a fresh coat of paint.

They need to hire more black writers

I don't know about Black writers, because even they can put forth a bad narrative. It's in Insomniac's best interest to coordinate w/ the writers of the film or even the comics to determine how flesh out the character. I pointed out in the MM thread that they should expand the island of Manhattan. Use the power of the PS5 to make a more detailed borough. They need to add more side missions that offer variety. There's a lot of room for growth.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't know about Black writers, because even they can put forth a bad narrative. It's in Insomniac's best interest to coordinate w/ the writers of the film or even the comics to determine how flesh out the character. I pointed out in the MM thread that they should expand the island of Manhattan. Use the power of the PS5 to make a more detailed borough. They need to add more side missions that offer variety. There's a lot of room for growth.

The problem is I just didn’t feel like this was a real kid who grew up in brooklyn, now living in Harlem. There was something missing that I feel like a competent black writer could have filled in.

I’ll use Soul as an example. It wasn’t a BLACK movie but it felt authentic to me. Miles felt like a very surface level take on new york