Manifesto Rant: If You Defend Elden Ring’s DLC & Bosses You’re Probably on the Spectrum

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I beat Rellana the 3rd try no summons or ashes :dahell:

I'll give you Bayle, the camera made him a huge fakkit. Putrecent knight was not bad at all breh.

The world was huge to explore, idk about the smithing stones, it was cool finding new shyt and how to get above or below. It wasn't small so I appreciated that, though a couple areas were hollow. But I don't get what you saying about what to do after you won, breh. You won you not suppose to have shyt else to do :heh:

Yea but open world Elden Ring feels even more dead. Even BotW knew that and thats why you chase those dragons, horse riding, etc.

The spectrum of skill

Boss fights are art

Now show us your buffs and general radahn. Messmer was actually one of the easier fights.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yea but open world Elden Ring feels even more dead. Even BotW knew that and thats why you chase those dragons, horse riding, etc.

Now show us your buffs and general radahn. Messmer was actually one of the easier fights.
No one says messmer is an easy boss fight. Especially if youre only using melle and no ashes of war.

I had 20 vigor. 38 endurance. 35 dex and 35 strength. No scadutree blessings. Went straight to the dlc after beating the game. So I'm on ngplus1.

rely on my 2 ice blades to debuff messmer so I can take 1 shot from his more powerful attacks.

Talismans I used
The best physical damage negation talisman. Bonus defense when hp at maximum talisman. Bonus damage from jump attacks because I use jump to poise break. I think I used a fire damage negation talisman.

All that just to survive 1 shot. True rpg elements. The rest? Skill. Don't ever question the gift.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
No one says messmer is an easy boss fight. Especially if youre only using melle and no ashes of war.

I had 20 vigor. 38 endurance. 35 dex and 35 strength. No scadutree blessings. Went straight to the dlc after beating the game. So I'm on ngplus1.

rely on my 2 ice blades to debuff messmer so I can take 1 shot from his more powerful attacks.

Talismans I used
The best physical damage negation talisman. Bonus defense when hp at maximum talisman. Bonus damage from jump attacks because I use jump to poise break. I think I used a fire damage negation talisman.

All that just to survive 1 shot. True rpg elements. The rest? Skill. Don't ever question the gift.
🧩

Daps
Some people value a hard/difficult game over perhaps being more...."balanced" in other areas.

Some folks like a linear/gatekeep style of game. Others like being able to play a game in different ways...with a more varied approach to handling challenges.

Still messing around with Starfield so I haven't gone back for Elden Ring DLC yet. ER was the kind of game where you could make it as easy or hard as you wanted to depending on how seriously you took leveling stats, summoning and weapons. My only real gripe with the game is that it's more lore than story. Like waking up from a coma and being dropped in a random world....piecing together the "lore" as you go.

Also the bosses can be a bit ridiculous with all the gravity defying moves and input reading. Reacting to your button press and not the movement the character is making onscreen. That's technically true for any game but it's noticeably sped up here.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
1. Autistic people are fukkin awesome
2. you just suck at the game. Get good.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just thought the map while pretty was pretty empty and boring.

A lot of the new weapons and armor were junk too. I think the expectations for the DLC were just set too high for me