Are we ready to admit Dragon’s Dogma 2 wasn’t very good?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
shyts crazy, there shouldn't be any great 9+ rated games cause you can't have bugs in your game.

Imagine if these folks were Art Critics. "Mona Lisa is a 8.5 out of 10, look at the smudge on the left side of the canvas". :martin:
And you're not wrong, especially in 2024 when they can simply patch the performance issues out of the game. All he is saying is you can't pick and choose which games to hold performance against. Either hold it against all games or don't at all. I'm not understanding why the point he is trying to make is so hard to grasp, it's almost like some of you aren't really trying to see the point he is trying to make because that's all he is saying.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So you're telling me that Souls games has a more coherent storyline than Dragon's Dogma 2?
‘No, it’s two different things. Dragon’s Dogma 2 WASN’T Lore driven, they had straight up cutscene after cutscene and a bunch of scripted dialogue sequences with multiple characters.

What lore is there in DD2? Who’s making video’s describing whats happening in the background of this game? Its a linear, straight forward story, its just not told very well

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And you're not wrong, especially in 2024 when they can simply patch the performance issues out of the game. All he is saying is you can't pick and choose which games to hold performance against. Either hold it against all games or don't at all. I'm not understanding why the point he is trying to make is so hard to grasp, it's almost like some of you aren't really trying to see the point he is trying to make because that's all he is saying.

It’s like yall are deliberately missing the point.

1. Performance in both games aren’t comparable, DD2 is just all around terrible, not just “after chapter 3” or certain situation. From the moment you fight the first tutorial boss to the moment the credits roll it is a highly compromised experience. BG3 even has performance mode options and has gotten significant patches since release, DD2 hasn’t
  2. A little lag or some hiccups in a turned based rpg isn’t as noticeable as the performance issues in faster paced action game with dozens of spells and effects going off at the same time
  3. Even with the performance of DDD2 being more egregious its not even one of the larger issues the game has

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
‘No, it’s two different things. Dragon’s Dogma 2 WASN’T Lore driven, they had straight up cutscene after cutscene and a bunch of scripted dialogue sequences with multiple characters.

What lore is there in DD2? Who’s making video’s describing whats happening in the background of this game? Its a linear, straight forward story, its just not told very well

That is just a quick Google search going and searching it in youtube showed me more. Every race has their own lore. There is lore to explain the dragon, the arisen, the kingdoms, the creatures, etc. There is a lot of lore in the game. Is it as much as a Souls game, no it isn't, but it is definitely there.

I'm not going to try to change your mind, if you don't like the game that is fine because not everyone likes everything. It's very well known I can't stand the gameplay in TLOU, but I don't discredit the story, voice acting, or other production values because they are top notch.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It’s like yall are deliberately missing the point.

1. Performance in both games aren’t comparable, DD2 is just all around terrible, not just “after chapter 3” or certain situation. From the moment you fight the first tutorial boss to the moment the credits roll it is a highly compromised experience. BG3 even has performance mode options and has gotten significant patches since release, DD2 hasn’t
  2. A little lag or some hiccups in a turned based rpg isn’t as noticeable as the performance issues in faster paced action game with dozens of spells and effects going off at the same time
  3. Even with the performance of DDD2 being more egregious its not even one of the larger issues the game has
You keep quoting my posts yet not addressing the point he is making or I'm trying to explain to you. I hear the points you have made and if that is how you feel that is fine I'm not going to try to change your mind, especially because a lot of people had issues with the first game a lot of the same criticisms actually. All he is saying is don't pick and choose to hold poor performance against one game and not another. My experience with Dragon's Dogma was just fine(same with Jedi Survivor I never had many issues with it, but a lot of people did) I never had major issues with it but my experience isn't everyone else's. Just be fair, either criticize the bugs and performance of all games or don't at all. That is all he is saying.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You keep quoting my posts yet not addressing the point he is making or I'm trying to explain to you. I hear the points you have made and if that is how you feel that is fine I'm not going to try to change your mind, especially because a lot of people had issues with the first game a lot of the same criticisms actually. All he is saying is don't pick and choose to hold poor performance against one game and not another. My experience with Dragon's Dogma was just fine(same with Jedi Survivor I never had many issues with it, but a lot of people did) I never had major issues with it but my experience isn't everyone else's. Just be fair, either criticize the bugs and performance of all games or don't at all. That is all he is saying.
That's the problem, you're trying to tell us that BG3's problems were so egregious that we shouldn't score the game a 9.5/10.

We along with many others are telling you the issues didn't affect us as much as it did you. Still a 10/10 game for me.

If I had the same problems playing some shyt like Stellar Blade, my opinion would be different.

Quit acting like this shyt is supposed to be scored like the olympics.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
That's the problem, you're trying to tell us that BG3's problems were so egregious that we shouldn't score the game a 9.5/10.

We along with many others are telling you the issues didn't affect us as much as it did you. Still a 10/10 game for me.

If I had the same problems playing some shyt like Stellar Blade, my opinion would be different.

Is that what I actually said? No it isn't I literally just told you it shouldn't in another post because they can patch the issues out the game. I'm just trying to explain the point @The Mad Titan has been trying to make and has made before this thread that y'all always seem to never understand.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This, it's like dudes are trying to separate JUST the technical aspects of a game and hone in on that one thing to then draw a false equivalence to a game that's of overall lesser quality and go "see, that too!!

iu

This game with performance issues is STILL a better game overall than

iu

Doesn't fukking matter if they "both" have performance issues, performance alone isn't the one thing a game's quality is contingent upon.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
"It was aight it was aight but my shyt was more John Blaze than that, I got John Blaze and they not recognizing and fukk all that who is you to be claiming to be the best Capcom Action Franchise" - Devil May Cry Series probably

I knew what time it was when all major gamer outlets shytted on Rise Of The Ronin ( which was legitimately fire) to dikk ride Dragons Doodoo 2 despite the story being trash, the frame rate clipping during boss fights, and way less enemy variety than even Vanilla Dragons Dogma 1, AND missing classes

Last edited:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I had fun, but it is bland about halfway through, story started off cool then was convoluted and weird. Character creator was GOAT and I'll play any dlc but enemy variety was wack, same packs of goblins, wolves and saurons was wack, framerate was wack. Leveling is wack, cause enemies don't scare so by level 30 there is no threat

Superstar
Daps
There are like 5 people in this topic who played the game and didn't have major issues. There are a ton of reviews stating they didn't have these "major" issues you keep bringing up

Yet you are wanting to ignore everything the game does well, then discount it because of some articles you read.

Games get rightfully shyt on (review bombed) when there are major issues, but for some reason this did not happen to BG3.

I bought BG3 day 1 of early access. I loved it then just as much as I do today. It’s near perfection for its class of game. It’s already spoken for itself. If someone wants to cry about it, let them. It’s not like they can do anything about all the love it gets, just let that love eat them up inside. They’ll just be stuck on the outside looking in
:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I bought BG3 day 1 of early access. I loved it then just as much as I do today. It’s near perfection for its class of game. It’s already spoken for itself. If someone wants to cry about it, let them. It’s not like they can’t do anything about all the love it gets, just let that love eat them up inside. They’ll just be stuck on the outside looking in
:manny:

They just forced themselves to dislike it. They specifically say they only brought it up because they know I like it lol

Superstar
Daps
I had fun, but it is bland about halfway through, story started off cool then was convoluted and weird. Character creator was GOAT and I'll play any dlc but enemy variety was wack, same packs of goblins, wolves and saurons was wack, framerate was wack. Leveling is wack, cause enemies don't scare so by level 30 there is no threat

I feel about the same. I had a lot of fun even through the jank. Once I got more efficient about the fast travel system I was able to avoid most of the annoying packs of enemies.

I enjoyed DD2 for what it was and think it could be a great launch pad for future titles, if they decide to expand on it.