Are we ready to admit Dragon’s Dogma 2 wasn’t very good?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm not taking aim at anyone or anything but the game scores at the time.

When did you play the game multiple times at launch? If not then you probably haven't experienced any.

Glitches and bugs and especially performance issues were universal, the game breaking glitches were way to common for a game that gets 10/10 what's the last game that got a 10/10 that performance or bugs were even mentioned in the same Breath as a 10 game?

I don't care about redfall, but funny you bring that up, which I'm sure you didn't play and acknowledge that is bad. Funny how that works :mjlol:
I brought up redfall because the scores were universal, just like BG3.

I bought the game at launch and pretty much no lifed it for the next couple of weeks. I had plenty of playtime around the initial release window. Yes there were some bugs, maybe some framerate drops, but it didn't really have an effect on how I view the game. Same thing others in the topic have mentioned.

Zelda Breath of the Wild had some issues with framerate, why not shyt on that game. I remember running into bugs in SMB3.

It's ok tho, we all know why you have a vendetta against BG3. This isn't the hill to die on. You out here looking goofy

Daps
BG act 3 was a catastrophe (especially on launch) AND Dragon's Dogwater 2 was an unoptimized, mechanical and narrative downgrade from it's 12 year old predecessor. 10 pages of console stan yapping around what should be a simple conclusion. :unimpressed: Oh and Itsuno been an out-of-touch, creatively bankrupt fraud for a MINUTE now, but I guess we still ain't wanna have the dialogue bout that yet... :sas2:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
BG act 3 was a catastrophe (especially on launch) AND Dragon's Dogwater 2 was an unoptimized, mechanical and narrative downgrade from it's 12 year old predecessor. 10 pages of console stan yapping around what should be a simple conclusion. :unimpressed: Oh and Itsuno been an out-of-touch, creatively bankrupt fraud for a MINUTE now, but I guess we still ain't wanna have the dialogue bout that yet... :sas2:
Console stan yapping about a game(s) available across all platforms?

:jbhmm:

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
I love the game, but I'll definitely be more critical of it if they don't go balls deep with the expansion and add new vocations.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
shoulda handed the franchise over to the guy who did the MMO and the Dark Arisen DLC
The people that worked on the first games dlc worked on this game, I think the DLC's director is a designer in dragon's dogma 2.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
He's attaching BG3 to Sony because reasons.

Larian rebuffed Microsoft's interest by publicly announcing they have no intention of selling & BG3 was delayed months on Xbox consoles due to the Series S being the world's most expensive tin can. In @The Mad Titan 's mind, they drew a line in the sand & now it's personal.

:mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Larian rebuffed Microsoft's interest by publicly announcing they have no intention of selling & BG3 was delayed months on Xbox consoles due to the Series S being the world's most expensive tin can. In @The Mad Titan 's mind, they drew a line in the sand & now it's personal.

Y'all dudes making up fairy tale stories and fan fics.

None of that crossed my mind nor do I care.

If anything the Xbox console players had to wait 3 months to get an optimized version of the game... Man what a shame. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Y'all dudes making up fairy tale stories and fan fics.

None of that crossed my mind nor do I care.

If anything the Xbox console players had to wait 3 months to get an optimized version of the game... Man what a shame. :mjlol:

So now the game was optimized lol

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So now the game was optimized lol

:snoop:

I said the game shouldn't have been getting 10 with some of the major technical issues it had on release, especially since people ding other games for far less. Literally just using this game as an example of a game that you love that had technical problems that doesn't affect how people score it.

Also saying how that much like DD2 reviewers probably didn't finish it and was like 10/10 never even making it to the problem child part of the game.

But anyway Fast-forward months later a lot of problems were fixed

Larian Studios shared a promising update on its efforts to optimize Baldur's Gate 3 for the Xbox Series S, suggesting that its recent progress on this front will also benefit those playing on the Series X, PlayStation 5, and PC

I'm not saying anything that isn't common knowledge to anyone else besides y'all for some reason

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game is fire but the way the story goes from super interesting to non existent and the ending leaves a terrible taste.

Game went from a 9.5 to a 7 after credits roll. I was so confused I was like no way this is the actual end...lol legit didn't even understand what happened.

But everything else is fire and a great experience, I'm sure the expansion will improve things.

But the overall experience is one of a kind.

But if we taking reviews for people finishing games BG3 would be a 7 as well

Way Off

Edit: unless you mean because if it’s wack frame rate once you get to Bulders Gate, but that was ALOT more stable when I did my Honour Mode playthrough, the only other thing you can criticise it on was its lacklustre ending, but that was changed for the better too

Edit 2: just read your post above this, that’s what you meant, my bad