Tony Yayo: Jay-Z's a Hater, He Tried to Block 50 Cent from Super Bowl Halftime Show (VladTV)

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s just collaboration, not promotion. Jay z has the same amount of collaborations with Kendrick and drake. IIRC jay-z has more music with drake than j Cole.

Even j Cole had a line on one of his songs about jay-z not promoting him.

You cats just be saying anything.

1st artist signed to Roc Nation - Promotion
Featured on BP3 - Promotion
On BP3 Tour before debut album - Promotion
Jay-Z featured on debut album - Promotion
Featured on Beyoncé’s single - Promotion

that guy

Superstar
Daps
You cats just be saying anything.

1st artist signed to Roc Nation - Promotion
Featured on BP3 - Promotion
On BP3 Tour before debut album - Promotion
Jay-Z featured on debut album - Promotion
Featured on Beyoncé’s single - Promotion
You responded to my post of another poster with the same exact thing he said. You’ll get the same response: There’s a difference between collaboration and promotion. By your definition jay z has promoted drake more than his own artist.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You responded to my post of another poster with the same exact thing he said. You’ll get the same response: There’s a difference between collaboration and promotion. By your definition jay z has promoted drake more than his own artist.

So taking someone on your big tour before their debut album isn’t promotion? You can’t just discard those collabs either, as they came in the beginning of his career when he wasn’t a big name.

I know it doesn’t fit your narrative, but facts are facts.

Last edited:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
So taking someone on your big tour before their debut album isn’t promotion?

You can’t just discard those collabs either, as they came in the beginning of his career when he wasn’t a big name.

I know it doesn’t fit your narrative, but facts are facts.
J Cole is one of this generations biggest acts and your best example of jay-z promoting cole Is 15 years ago he was the opening act performing in front of 40 people. I arrest my case. :mjlol:

I can’t discard a random song that no one even has ever heard of? Once again, jay z has more songs with drake as he does j Cole and they’re peers. Is jay-z promoting drake as well?

15 years on roc nation and they have a whopping total of 2 songs together and to you that is promotion. Your “facts” fit my narrative more than yours :heh:

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
J Cole is one of this generations biggest acts and your best example of jay-z promoting cole Is 15 years ago he was the opening act performing in front of 40 people. I arrest my case. :mjlol:

I can’t discard a random song that no one even has ever heard of? Once again, jay z has more songs with drake as he does j Cole and they’re peers. Is jay-z promoting drake as well?

15 years on roc nation and they have a whopping total of 2 songs together and to you that is promotion. Your “facts” fit my narrative more than yours :heh:

15 years ago is when he needed promotion the most, and no amount of smilies can negate that.

You claiming nobody heard a song from BP3 (2x Platinum), Beyoncé’s] 4 (4x Platinum and single is Platinum), and Cole Word (Platinum) tells me all I need to know.

Last edited:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Jay dont like people he can’t sway nor control.

This was a business move at the end of the day.I don’t think the show would have been good if they was to lose Eminem so Jay gave in.

Jay was probably getting at 50 in a passive aggressive way behind the scenes. He looks like the type of cat during that slavery that would tell massa every time that slaves would make a escape.

Maybe because jay z does this type of stuff behind the scenes all the time?
One of many instances

that guy

Superstar
Daps
15 years ago is when he needed promotion the most, and no amount of smilies can negate that.

You claiming nobody heard a song from BP3 (2x Platinum), Beyoncé’s] 4 (4x Platinum and single is Platinum), and Cole Word (Platinum) tells me all I need to know.

It’s not about when he needed the promotion the most. J Cole is his artist, he should be promoting j Cole just as much as he “promotes” drake. That means thoughout his career.

What does the album sales have to do with a song that j Cole is featured on? Neither j Cole nor jay z fans are playing “a star is born” in 2024 :mjlol:

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not about when he needed the promotion the most. J Cole is his artist, he should be promoting j Cole just as much as he “promotes” drake. That means thoughout his career.

What does the album sales have to do with a song that j Cole is featured on? Neither j Cole nor jay z fans are playing “a star is born” in 2024 :mjlol:

You just keep moving the goalposts. First it was he never promoted him, and now it’s something even more asinine.

As for the Cole video, what he didn’t mention is every night during Jay’s set, he was brought back out to perform his verse on A Star Is Born.

Jay-Z stated that he didn’t want to continually be a large presence in his career because he wanted Cole to build up his own loyal fan base, which was a mistake he said he made with some Rocafella artists, and it clearly worked.

Last edited:

A187

All Star
Daps
The excuses ya make for the camels slimey behaviour smh

that guy

Superstar
Daps
You just keep moving the goalposts. First it was he never promoted him, and now it’s something even more asinine.

As for the Cole video, what he didn’t mention is every night during Jay’s set, he was brought back out to perform his verse on A Star Is Born.

Jay-Z stated that he didn’t want to continually be a large presence in his career because he wanted Cole to build up his own loyal fan base, which was a mistake he said he made with some Rocafella artists, and it clearly worked.
I’m not moving the goalpost. I said he didn’t promote jay Cole meaning in general as his signed artist. I say that in past tense because j Cole is allegedly no longer signed to roc nation.

Your most recent example of jay-z promoting j Cole is from before j Cole even had an album out and that was over 15 years ago. You’re proving my point. :gucci:

So jay-z said he distanced himself from j Cole so that he could grow his own fanbase yet you’re still saying he promotes j Cole? Which one is it?