[9/18/24] AEW Dynamite Thread: The Elite/Don Callis "Family", Jericho/Orange Cassidy, Women's Tag Match, and more!

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
In the good ole days people like to reminisce about with AEW before they were running a PPV nearly every month this is the exact type of matchup you’d get on Dynamite.

Remember Danielson vs. Omega on Grand Slam less than three weeks after Danielson debuted? Which also was his in-ring debut in AEW.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
In the good ole days people like to reminisce about with AEW before they were running a PPV nearly every month this is the exact type of matchup you’d get on Dynamite.

Remember Danielson vs. Omega on Grand Slam?

Ricochet literally has ONE high profile match people want to see of his, the guys you're talking about could wrestle a number of stars and they'd still have appeal because they are actual main eventers. Ricochet is an awful promo with limited charisma, his entire appeal is MOVEZ and the one "holy grail" match for him in AEW is against Ospreay. There aren't other money making matches for him after that. It's the same as Cesaro where yeah he can have matches against other people that Meltzer will rate 4.75 stars but nobody is gonna even entertain the thought of him being in the main event or semi main event as a singles wrestler.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Ricochet literally has ONE high profile match people want to see of his, the guys you're talking about could wrestle a number of stars and they'd still have appeal because they are actual main eventers. Ricochet is an awful promo with limited charisma, his entire appeal is MOVEZ and the one "holy grail" match for him in AEW is against Ospreay. There aren't other money making matches for him after that. It's the same as Cesaro where yeah he can have matches against other people that Meltzer will rate 4.75 stars but nobody is gonna even entertain the thought of him being in the main event or semi main event as a singles wrestler.
When’s the last time AEW struggled to sell tickets and buys for a PPV? Rarely.

Now when’s the last time they struggled to sell tickets and get viewers for tv? Like multiple times every week for what like a year or more now?

Trips

Superstar
Daps
IWC: AEW needs to stop booking stars against nobodies on weekly tv

TK: Ok I hear you, here is an all-star matchup.

IWC: Why are you giving us an all-star match for free? I’d rather have to pay $50 to watch it!
can it be more of the in between.

I.E.

we don't need to see Will Ospreay vs Jackie Straight Jacket and Excalibur putting it over as a super credible match and it goes like a super credible/competitive match.
but the balance being okay. You don't want to see Ospreay vs Jackie Straight Jacket. Here is a 30 minute match between Ospreay vs. Ricky Starks no setup.

If Ospreay is going to face Jackie Straight Jacket. then smash Jackie Straight Jacket.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
When’s the last time AEW struggled to sell tickets and buys for a PPV? Rarely.

Now when’s the last time they struggled to sell tickets and get viewers for tv? Like multiple times every week for what like a year or more now?

cool so book people like Moxley and Bryan and Hangman to wrestle on TV more often, not someone who only has 1 possible money match

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
It's so easy to forget that rivalries can only last for a single match and never be starting points to be revisited or built on... I'm glad we've got people here to remind us.

Ricochet and Will had better do a real good job with this one and only time Tony will book them together.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Well fukk people for wanting STORY

You sell tickets with STORY

You get ratings with STORY

You build interest with STORY

But go & enjoy a match that nobody is going to care about by the next week after:hubie:

Every is downhill for Ricochet now this was his ceiling:yeshrug:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Well fukk people for wanting STORY

You sell tickets with STORY

You get ratings with STORY

You build interest with STORY

But go & enjoy a match that nobody is going to care about by the next week after:hubie:

Every is downhill for Ricochet now this was his ceiling:yeshrug:

i think Ricochet and Ospreay have a story and a past tho given their old matches. its not a random match really.

maybe its just me but this all mainly entertainment to me. i understand some care more than others about the past and some matches might have more sentimental meaning than others to some, i'm just more like oh the match is done, whens the next show. we cant really change the past, just hope that things go well in the future.

nobody knows what may happen with ricochet, could falloff or could do great. long as he stays healthy. only thing we could do is trust the process and see what happens. we enjoy the moment that they give us like if it were the only one and considered ourselves blessed if we get more after that. its the only thing we can do as wrestling fans. :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
IWC: AEW needs to stop booking stars against nobodies on weekly tv

TK: Ok I hear you, here is an all-star matchup.

IWC: Why are you giving us an all-star match for free? I’d rather have to pay $50 to watch it!
I hope you referring to Opsreay vs Ricochet and not that bullshyt ass 10 man tag :usure:

I'm not mad at it. AEW is at its best when it actually gives us big matches on TV and they have enough talent to do so.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
can it be more of the in between.

I.E.

we don't need to see Will Ospreay vs Jackie Straight Jacket and Excalibur putting it over as a super credible match and it goes like a super credible/competitive match.
but the balance being okay. You don't want to see Ospreay vs Jackie Straight Jacket. Here is a 30 minute match between Ospreay vs. Ricky Starks no setup.

If Ospreay is going to face Jackie Straight Jacket. then smash Jackie Straight Jacket.
:laff: