[8/7/24] AEW Dynamite + [8/9/24] Rampage Thread

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Cool main event :ehh:

I don't know about y'all but to me, Swerve's looked like a real world champion since the Ospreay match. Dude acts like a big deal, carries himself like one and feels like he belongs as the main guy in the company right now.

Him beating the shyt out of Yuta, leaving him a bloody mess and showing Danielson what's in it for him at Wembley is great storytelling too :obama:

MJF feels like the "main character" of the company to me at the moment when it comes to weekly TV :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
MJF feels like the "main character" of the company to me at the moment when it comes to weekly TV :manny:
That's different from what I'm trying to say.

MJF is more heavily featured and his feud with Ospreay has been AEW's main program for the past month.

But what I'm saying is that regardless of that, and regardless that the crowd still reacts to Swerve like he's the 3rd-5th top guy in the company, the way he's been acting and using the opportunities he's been given on TV feel to me like he's THE world champ of a company that has a ton of/way too many "important" (heavy quotes on that one) belts.

I know I'm not articulating my point clearly but I guess the best way I can put it is that to me, Swerve feels like AEW's final boss after Forbidden Door in a much clearer way than MJF (or Ospreay for that matter) is.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
That's different from what I'm trying to say.

MJF is more heavily featured and his feud with Ospreay has been AEW's main program for the past month.

But what I'm saying is that regardless of that, and regardless that the crowd still reacts to Swerve like he's the 3rd-5th top guy in the company, the way he's been acting and using the opportunities he's been given on TV feel to me like he's THE world champ of a company that has a ton of/way too many "important" (heavy quotes on that one) belts.

I know I'm not articulating my point clearly but I guess the best way I can put it is that to me, Swerve feels like AEW's final boss after Forbidden Door in a much clearer way than MJF (or Ospreay for that matter) is.

his title is definitely booked much better than the other singles titles even though they are on upper/top guys, especially with the weird USA USA turn MJF's belt has taken

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
his title is definitely booked much better than the other singles titles even though they are on upper/top guys, especially with the weird USA USA turn MJF's belt has taken
It's that and the fact he's been playing the "I'm the best around here" role really well. The way he was booked in Blood & Guts was exactly what he needed and he took full advantage of it. He was the world champ entering an outside feud to make the Elite eat shyt and he delivered in spades.

Now you have him in a weird position against Danielson and the forced angle of his "retirement" and he's acting like the top guy that gonna have to give the legend a reality check, and he's done it really well so far. I truly hope he sends Yuta to a kayfabe hospital next week -even though Yuta will get his offense in and at least 1 nearfall, which will piss off sooo many people in here :mjlol:- because Dragon having to deal with the fact he's facing a young guy in his prime willing to fukk him up is perfect storytelling for the angle they are trying to do.

If the Yuta match is a normal singles Dynamite match that Swerve wins (like Danielson just did vs Jarret tonight) it would be a huge fukk up, imo.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
It's that and the fact he's been playing the "I'm the best around here" role really well. The way he was booked in Blood & Guts was exactly what he needed and he took full advantage of it. He was the world champ entering an outside feud to make the Elite eat shyt and he delivered in spades.

Now you have him in a weird position against Danielson and the forced angle of his "retirement" and he's acting like the guy that gonna have to give the legend a reality check. I truly hope he sends Yuta to a kayfabe hospital next week -even though Yuta will get his offense in and at least 1 nearfall, which will piss off sooo many people in here :mjlol:- because Dragon having to deal with the fact he's facing a young guy in his prime willing to fukk him up is perfect storytelling for the angle they are trying to do.

If the Yuta match is a normal singles Dynamite match that Swerve wins (like Danielson just did vs Jarret tonight) it would be a huge fukk up, imo.

nah Wheeler Useless is about to blade like a motherfukker next week for sure, Swerve is gonna be daring Bryan to come save his boy

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I feel like only reason MJF and Ospreay seem bigger is cuz they had the iron man match plus the heel turn beatdown of DG and now the match with MJF and Fletcher. I also think they had an interaction some weeks back when one saved the other, not sure when it was, maybe before the tourney. So they been having segments on tv thru out last 2 months or so.

Swerve and BD haven't had much time to build on their match, plus the B&G kinda got in the way as well. I do like how Swerve been carrying himself and feel he's done great past few weeks. Win or lose, he's established himself as a reliable man event guy.

Not sure how the belt rankings would even go. I know TNT is the original secondary but doesn't seem that way with Perry holding it, same with Continental and Okada. So the international has stepped up in that regard and def become the workhorse title. Still see heavyweight title as main one above all.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I feel like only reason MJF and Ospreay seem bigger is cuz they had the iron man match plus the heel turn beatdown of DG and now the match with MJF and Fletcher. I also think they had an interaction some weeks back when one saved the other, not sure when it was, maybe before the tourney. So they been having segments on tv thru out last 2 months or so.

Swerve and BD haven't had much time to build on their match, plus the B&G kinda got in the way as well. I do like how Swerve been carrying himself and feel he's done great past few weeks. Win or lose, he's established himself as a reliable man event guy.

Not sure how the belt rankings would even go. I know TNT is the original secondary but doesn't seem that way with Perry holding it, same with Continental and Okada. So the international has stepped up in that regard and def become the workhorse title. Still see heavyweight title as main one above all.

MJF/Ospreay feels bigger because the money spot of Dynamite is the opening segment (which we all know why) so even though Swerve has been in many "main event" segments technically, it feels like AEW consistently opening the show with MJF or Will has more shine on them

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
MJF/Ospreay feels bigger because the money spot of Dynamite is the opening segment (which we all know why) so even though Swerve has been in many "main event" segments technically, it feels like AEW consistently opening the show with MJF or Will has more shine on them
It has been a longer angle too though, you can't brush that off. Swerve's program started 1 week ago, while MJF/Ospreay started like 8 weeks ago and were even interacting in late June before Forbidden Door.

But again, Swerve acting and feeling like AEW's best/top champion is different from saying he's the most featured. This is not a Cena/Johnny Ace making CM Punk feel like a secondary character situation. At least not to me :manny:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
It has been a longer angle too though, you can't brush that off. Swerve's program started 1 week ago, while MJF/Ospreay started like 8 weeks ago and were even interacting in late June before Forbidden Door.

But again, Swerve acting and feeling like AEW's best/top champion is different from saying he's the most featured. This is not a Cena/Johnny Ace making CM Punk feel like a secondary character. At least not to me :manny:

Swerve is still main eventing at the PPVs which is the key thing really, I just think he could be presented with more emphasis week to week overall, but I would disagree at this point if anybody thought he wasn't getting a proper push

I think switching the openings up more often than not would do the show a lot of good and help out people across the card. Next week the show opening with Britt Baker storming to the ring and grabbing a mic would add a lot more fuel to that feud than that segment happening at 9:30 for example.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
the way people talked about her i was expecting some big ass amazon bytch

now she just looks like a slightly taller worse looking Anna Jay
In all fairness majority of women look worse than Anna Jay :steviej:
i scroll all the way down to post something and see your sentence start with "i won the heisman" and i thought at first that it was the real trophy :russ:
I did win the Heisman in real life :mjgrin:

I didn’t say it was in a video game :sas2:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
In all fairness majority of women look worse than Anna Jay :steviej:

I did win the Heisman in real life :mjgrin:

I didn’t say it was in a video game :sas2:

There was a player named Jason White from Oklahoma who won the heisman back in 03 which would be about 20 years ago. :jbhmm:

Wikipedia doesn't have a middle name listed but if it starts with Q then I could see where the name JQ Legend comes from. :mjgrin:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Someone post that gif of jay white hitting the nana dance :russ:
You mean this?

I wanna see the whole thing tho :mjgrin:

Also when I searched for “Jay White nana dance” I typed “Jay White bana” by mistake and was bout to get some wild non Harlem results :sadcam:
There was a player named Jason White from Oklahoma who won the heisman back in 03 which would be about 20 years ago. :jbhmm:

Wikipedia doesn't have a middle name listed but if it starts with Q then I could see where the name JQ Legend comes from. :mjgrin:
Quantavious is my government middle name but chill

:mjgrin: