[8/28/24] AEW Dynamite + [8/30/24] Rampage Thread

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I was hype for the top of the card coming off the PPV and now I see Dragon is gonna be giving Jungle Jack a title shot?
I didn't know what Tony meant when he said he books for sickos
But I think I get it now

In for Swerve and Hangman at the next event but fukk man

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Rampage for Friday - been a while since I've been able to say I'm looking forward to Rampage - the three men's matches look fun and we get Mina

Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett vs. The Undisputed Kingdom vs. Private Party
Mina Shirakawa vs. Missa Kate
Grizzled Young Veterans vs. The Outrunners
Nyla Rose vs. Aminah Belmont
Konosuke Takeshyta vs. Komander vs. Lio Rush vs. The Beast Mortos

Had just come across the graphic. Def one of the better Rampage cards. Good to see those tag teams getting some shine. Fatal Fourway and Mina should be great also.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Are The Out runners getting a push or are they just featured jobbers? They got the video package on Collision and went back and forth with FTR, why have them get obliterated by the GYV?

Seems like featured jobbers for now. But they have been featured a lot more often lately so I could see them stepping up to the next level.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Are The Out runners getting a push or are they just featured jobbers? They got the video package on Collision and went back and forth with FTR, why have them get obliterated by the GYV?
Hopefully a push. I don't even necessarily mean tag team championship program push but they are a unique and likeable act that could be beneficial to have around in a midcard tag role. Let them chase around there and see what happens organically like what happened with the Acclaimed. If they start getting over like the Acclaimed did then fine put them into championship contention.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Seems like featured jobbers for now. But they have been featured a lot more often lately so I could see them stepping up to the next level.
It’s a proven and effective strategy in AEW with talents who aren’t necessarily day one top star talent or aren’t looked at as high prized rookies (Jade, Hook) - get opportunities jobbing and working Rampage/Dark, do your job well, eventually you may or may not start getting over, and then your push comes if you start getting over (rather it’s sustained because of TK start-stop booking is a different story)

It’s very much like a sports-based way of fleshing out a roster.

Yeah if you are an all-star free agent you’re going to be a major factor when you’re signed.

If you’re like a lottery pick then there’s going to be a lot of resources dedicated to trying to get you to that All-Star level

If you’re an NBA second round draft pick then you’re just going to have to work that much harder and capitalizing on whatever minuscule opportunities you get starting out and if you start consistently excelling then eventually you’re going to start getting more opportunities.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
when scapeGOAT wins the title in Chicago :banderas:

full
"Nobody gives a shyt about Jungleboy. Scapegoat. What you need to understand, is that Jack is a piece of shyt... his family is a piece of shyt... anybody who cheers him is a piece of shyt. You know who isn't a piece of shyt, FATHERS. You know who is a father, ME! At the end of day, THE FATHER OF THE YEAR will be AEW CHAMPION."

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
full
"Nobody gives a shyt about Jungleboy. Scapegoat. What you need to understand, is that Jack is a piece of shyt... his family is a piece of shyt... anybody who cheers him is a piece of shyt. You know who isn't a piece of shyt, FATHERS. You know who is a father, ME! At the end of day, THE FATHER OF THE YEAR will be AEW CHAMPION."
They do got history. :mjgrin:

Christian gonna recruit Mama Perry and become Jack's father just like Nick. :mjgrin:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Idk if it’s been said in the thread, but having 4 different acts (Jericho, MJF, The Elite, Saraya) now running different variations of the “It’s supposed to be bad/ironic” gimmick where they lean into Non-Kayfabe perceptions of them is horrendous work and just fukking lazy.

— Hangman/Swerve are one of those duos that are destined to do this shyt forever, man. You can tell these two love working with each other and bring out the best in one another.

— They gotta start telling Mercedes no. segments that go long or require speaking at more than a minute or two are not her bag.

— … While it’s the logical choice due to him being the last person to beat Bryan, and him beating Darby, and him being generally safe, I still hate Jack Perry being the first feud for Bryan. Not because of Jack (even if I’m not his biggest fan), but because of what I talked about at the start of this post. He’s getting this spot because they’re in Chicago and his entire bit is referencing getting choked by somebody that isn’t there anymore and hasn’t been for a year. Let that boy move on and stand on his own two without it.

— JAMIE HAYTER CAN DO NO WRONG (need her to gain back the 15-20 she lost while she was gone though. She’s still bigger than everyone not named Stat/Willow/Kamille, but only barely)