[9/4/24] AEW Dynamite: Okada/Fletcher, Trios Action, Women's Championship, and more!

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
So they proved it's the same house. Now the miserable bytches are gonna pivot to saying, "well uhhhh, umm, well that's not REALLY his childhood home! Ye-ye-yeah! This is all fake, that's a stunt house, this still sucks according to me the miserable a$$hole!"

It's pro wrestling stop trying to force yourself to be miserable.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
One of those "when it's good it's great" episodes... good bits were excellent (Kyle/Okada, Ospreay/Pac stuff, Briscoe, Hangman) and the rest was average. As wrestling TV goes that's still not a bad return tbh.

I don't know how people manage to watch Okada for 20 minutes and come out of it complaining. He's made for TV. :wow: Joyless people. :mjcry:

All Out is looking great - even Collision seems pretty stacked:leon:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So they proved it's the same house. Now the miserable bytches are gonna pivot to saying, "well uhhhh, umm, well that's not REALLY his childhood home! Ye-ye-yeah! This is all fake, that's a stunt house, this still sucks according to me the miserable a$$hole!"

It's pro wrestling stop trying to force yourself to be miserable.

Hangman lowkey has been in two of the best story lines in company history because him being a drunk/alcoholic ostracized from The Elite was some of the best storytelling they've done as well.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Hangman lowkey has been in two of the best story lines in company history because him being a drunk/alcoholic ostracized from The Elite was some of the best storytelling they've done as well.

I pretty much see Hangman as having an unbroken character arc since the end of the BTE shyt that led up to the first shows.

He's a fully developed character more than nearly anyone I can think of in wrestling - everything he goes through sticks with him... when the world is going his way, it all makes sense and he's Virginia is for Lovers Hanger, but (and rarely due to his own actions) the world goes to shyt around him and it drives him to whisky and haterade... but in his eyes he's never stopped being a proper, old-fashioned white hat cowboy.

After all Swerve did earlier in the year he should be the heel in this feud but the world's just cheered him through a celebrated title run, TK has Swerve all up in the front of the Texas and Australia press events and the world got all happy to see him achieve a life goal buying the house.

If you're Hangman, why not fukk the world... grab the gas can and lighter.

It's so fukking GOOD.

Edit: He's basically Stannis from GoT - he's right. He's got the best claim to the throne. He should be the poster boy of AEW.

But not like that fam, you can't try to purify the company by burning shyt just because you know you're right.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I pretty much see Hangman as having an unbroken character arc since the end of the BTE shyt that led up to the first shows.

He's a fully developed character more than nearly anyone I can think of in wrestling - everything he goes through sticks with him... when the world is going his way, it all makes sense and he's Virginia is for Lovers Hanger, but (and rarely due to his own actions) the world goes to shyt around him and it drives him to whisky and haterade... but in his eyes he's never stopped being a proper, old-fashioned white hat cowboy.

After all Swerve did earlier in the year he should be the heel in this feud but the world's just cheered him through a celebrated title run, TK has Swerve all up in the front of the Texas and Australia press events and the world got all happy to see him achieve a life goal buying the house.

If you're Hangman, why not fukk the world... grab the gas can and lighter.

It's so fukking GOOD.

It helps that he's been great at playing both fighting champion babyface like a Von Erich but then also completely unhinged like a Brian Pillman. He's hitting all the notes and he's a great wrestler as well. He can do technical/storytelling, limb work, etc. but then go out and have an insane brawl.

He's definitely one of the better all around talents in the world. I know some people didn't want to give him credit because of whatever Punk said, but Hangman is actually really good...

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
It helps that he's been great at playing both fighting champion babyface like a Von Erich but then also completely unhinged like a Brian Pillman. He's hitting all the notes and he's a great wrestler as well. He can do technical/storytelling, limb work, etc. but then go out and have an insane brawl.

He's definitely one of the better all around talents in the world. I know some people didn't want to give him credit because of whatever Punk said, but Hangman is actually really good...

I definitely didn't fully get him until after his title run... now I'm starting to think he could end up as one of the best that ever did it if he can find a few more angles at this level.

Just about evrything since that "I am a man" promo to Mox has been god tier.