“The NOI silenced Malcolm X and rightfully so” - Tariq Nasheed

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Okay but is he NOI? Muslim?
I've never heard him speak on these shyts and yet he has this strong ass "non-FBA" name :dahell:

Is Tariq Muslim because he has an Islamic last name. I also looked up the name, it’s most common in the Maldives, which is in Asia. The better question is did he change his name? Only asking because of the NOI reference.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I 100% feel that way.

:yeshrug:
There are several so called "leaders" that are just agents of disinformation that are legitimately
detrimental to Black people.

They take the politically lost, the mentally ill and ignorant and arm them with bullshyt that doesn't
get them organizing and weaponizing themselves.

They're a flagrantly disrespectful mockery of my heroes that have DIED for Black People.

Wiping these clowns off of the face of the earth would be a courtesy.
Yep

Praise Trump but criticize Malcom X brehs

pcpking

All Star
Daps
I think that Malcolm made a misstep talking about JFK's assassination.

People revered him and his message wasn't congruent with the NOI's message which is why they distanced themselves from Malcolm.

But Tariq shouldn't have said that.

I seen Spike Lee's Malcolm X in theaters on a school field trip when it 1st came out and became obsessed with Malcolm, reading and watching everything he ever done.

I hated the NOI and blamed them for taking what would have been a great leader, but as I got older I realized Malcolm handle his removal from the NOI all wrong to the point that I really believed he crashed out because he was to smart to not know the outcome of not respecting Elijah word and putting nation business out in the public.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

Pip pip cheerio
full

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
The issue with these convos is most people do not even understand NOI doctrine nor have they ever been any organized units with hireacrchy and order.

Malcolm being silenced by NOI was NOI protocol for making the streets hot by making a statement about a US President. NOI wasn't trying to have proof to be considered a terrorist org, hence they never proactively talked about violence or death but only used it in the context of self defense.

And NOI told nikkas from Day 1 they will die and kill for their cause lol that said If I remember correctly Malcolm himself stated he did not feel it was the NOI who literally wanted him dead as they didn't even have the access to infrastructure to do some of the things he identified being done to him but more so another "entity" who was simply leveraging the envonrment occurring with the tension between Malcolm and the NOI.

OK
How do u feel about the letter to Elijah Mohammad

I duno when I saw them do the exact same thing to Khalid

I started looking at them sideways
Wtf are they

And I took my Shahada at the age of 16 so whilst I dont know much
I know a lil bit

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
He's always been the same dude. In 2005 he was a pimp/mack persona. Then he switched to a PUA selling dreams to dudes, on some Tom Cruise-in-Magnolia shyt. Then the pseudo history bullshyt followed by stanning Trump and the current grifts. Oh and I forgot he was a raunchy thug rapper at one point in the 90s. He's always been a fraud bilking money out of people.

He told the streets to wash their ass amd the rap game ain't been the same since:mjlol:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Holdup. This fake emotional outrage about the title is because posters think Tariq is referring to the assassination and not the JFK comment? Is that what you’re saying? The coli is dumb, but they can’t be that fukking dumb, and I don’t need to watch the video to know that’s what he has to be referring to
Brother, you've been on this forum for years. You really have to ask that? :pachaha:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
OK
How do u feel about the letter to Elijah Mohammad

I duno when I saw them do the exact same thing to Khalid

I started looking at them sideways
Wtf are they

And I took my Shahada at the age of 16 so whilst I dont know much
I know a lil bit

I'm not arguing the morality but more so NOI is like a Military and Government org and if you break rank you get punished, and the NOI already tells the world they will die for what they believe.

Khaled talked about kids dying, and while you can feel you agreed or understood his context the issue is that shyt can get chopped up and used as Moe fuel to call the NOI a hate group and legitimize using force to take down the NOI or it's members.

When you are 20 and hype Khalid seems "cool" but dude was wreckless with his words and in this current era dude would be seen as a weirdo YouTuber type.

And then there is the argument NOI isn't even real Islam, because the REAL NOI died when Elijah died and WD Muhammad converted everyone to Sunni Islam (this for example is why Philly has the largest black Muslim population, and it is Sunni Islam not NOI due to WD Muhammad).
The "Muslim world" repsected what Elijah did for black people and literally "bringing people from the dead", but they did not take them serious as Muslims

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Zay got y'all again :mjlol:

Tariq wasn't talking about the NOI killing Malcolm he was talking about the NOI telling Malcolm to lay low after speaking. "Malcolm just don't comment" That's when Tariq when on to to say "they silenced him" as in they told him to be quiet not to attract unnecessary attention and instead be strategic. After that he said Malcolm didn't do that which is why he fell out with NOI.
They don’t care. They’re just diaspora Africans who are mad about his tether vernacular.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I'm not arguing the morality but more so NOI is like a Military and Government org and if you break rank you get punished, and the NOI already tells the world they will die for what they believe.

Khaled talked about kids dying, and while you can feel you agreed or understood his context the issue is that shyt can get chopped up and used as Moe fuel to call the NOI a hate group and legitimize using force to take down the NOI or it's members.

When you are 20 and hype Khalid seems "cool" but dude was wreckless with his words and in this current era dude would be seen as a weirdo YouTuber type.

And then there is the argument NOI isn't even real Islam, because the REAL NOI died when Elijah died and WD Muhammad converted everyone to Sunni Islam (this for example is why Philly has the largest black Muslim population, and it is Sunni Islam not NOI due to WD Muhammad).
The "Muslim world" repsected what Elijah did for black people and literally "bringing people from the dead", but they did not take them serious as Muslims
:ohhh:

Do you have a good book/article/video on the trajectory of the NOI?

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Tariq could very well be clinically insane or depressed.
Naw fukk that. nikka just a self-hating c00n who tapped into the same kind of self-hate that festers in a lot of us and flipped it for his own gain to the detriment of the community.

nikkas should have known what time it was back when he was pretending to be pro-Black while making crispy jokes about people’s complexion.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:ohhh:

Do you have a good book/article/video on the trajectory of the NOI?

The NOI of today is technicallyba splinter group. When WD Muhammad ended the original NOI, Many did not agree (whether initially or after following WD Muhammad and not liking the direction) and formed their own groups with each making claim to being the real successor of Elijah or being true to the Message of ElIjah.

You have a few lesser known NOI splinter groups soms with their own scandalous history too. It's been over a decade since I cared about this stuff but New Nation of Islam I wanna say was one, and there was some (it may be NNOI) Based in I think Kansas City where the leader was on fukkery time

Alot of them are critics of Louis Farrakhan too

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
He's always been the same dude. In 2005 he was a pimp/mack persona. Then he switched to a PUA selling dreams to dudes, on some Tom Cruise-in-Magnolia shyt. Then the pseudo history bullshyt followed by stanning Trump and the current grifts. Oh and I forgot he was a raunchy thug rapper at one point in the 90s. He's always been a fraud bilking money out of people.
FBA Drake with a Bigen blowout.