KAMALA HARRIS FINALLY SAYS SHE NOT GIVING BLACKS shyt. But she is still for reparations

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This bytch trying to play both sides.

Kamala Harris Absolutely Torches Complaints About ‘Identity Politics’: Used to ‘Shut You Up’

Kamala Harris Absolutely Torches Complaints About ‘Identity Politics’: Used to ‘Shut You Up’

video in link

California Senator and Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris went out of her way to slam those who complain about “identity politics” as attempting to “silence” people on issues of civil rights. The critique of “identity politics” has long been a consistent theme of the political right, and of Independent Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders.

On Sunday morning’s edition of MSNBC’s AM Joy, host Joy Reid asked Harris about her level of comfort pursuing race-based policies, as opposed to a general approach that is more race-neutral.

“You’re talking about specifically issues that face African-Americans,” Reid noted. “We are seeing videos of people barbecuing while black people are confronted by civilians, having the police called on them. These are race-based issues.”

“When African-Americans talk to me about this race, and about the Obama era, they say when a black person achieves power the disincentives toward doing race-based policy are so strong,” Reid continued. “The larger world wants rising tide lifts all boats, not race-conscious or race-based policy, because then, you appear biased.”

She then asked Harris if, as the first black woman and first Indian-American president, “would it be difficult for you to advocate race-based policy, or would you feel that you have to do just rising tide?”

Harris then took on the “identity politics” critique head-on.

“I want to talk about the issue of identity politics, Joy,” Harris said. “This term identity politics, people will use that term — it’s like people used to talk about the race card.”

“Right,” Reid said.

“They bring this term up when you talk about issues that are about race, about sexual orientation, about religion. They’ll bring it up when we are talking about civil rights issues as a way to marginalize the issue, as a way to frankly try to silence you or shut you up,” Harris said.

“We need to call it what it is, which is to try and divert away from a conversation that needs to happen in America,” she continued. “Why? One, because we must speak truth. Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, anti-Semitism are all real in this country, so we need to have that conversation and address it.”

“Two, and this is equally important,” Harris added, “how America deals with the issues and the disparities, and also the hate that can be — that causes these issues to become lethal in proportion — how America deals with these issues is a matter of American identity. This is not about identity politics, and if it is, it’s about the identity of the United States of America. How we handle the issues will be about our collective identity.”

While the political right has long deployed the phrase “identity politics” pejoratively, the complaint has also been central to Bernie Sanders’ political philosophy for many years, and Harris’ remarks show that it could become important subtext to the Democratic presidential race.

Watch the clip above, via MSNBC.
Completely talked around the topic, once again

Shocking

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Lift ACT is actually a great idea that could realistically get passed and benefit black people. Reparations for ADOS is going to mean a Republican president for the next 30 years. :yeshrug:
usa probably ain't even around in 30 yrs...

It's not on Black People to save america...:manny: We are only 13% of the entire population the rest of white america who keeps voting these sick republican b*stards in needs to Hold their own nuts...:ld: No one asks the jews or asians to come out in support the democrats keep focused on us like a fukking magnet... fukk it, either you give us what we want or we all suffer... :manny:

and like he said, it ain't on us to save this shyt. already in a burning house.. and if the time has come for this shyt to finally collapse. so be it :manny:

Daps
Kamala can't win without us. The Dem establishment might try to push her because she's "colored" and female, but they need high turnout from us and about 90%+ going their way to counterbalance the rednecks. I'd like to see a sista in the Oval Office, but she's not the one to break that barrier. We all know if Obama was walking arm and arm with Becky Obama, he'd never get elected. I'm not sure it would send a good message to allow her to bring Todd (or whatever his name is) into the Oval Office.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
:russell:Kamala will still get 80 to 85% of the black vote and over 80% of the black male vote because African American men are cucked and they don't even realize it.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Kamala can't win without us. The Dem establishment might try to push her because she's "colored" and female, but they need high turnout from us and about 90%+ going their way to counterbalance the rednecks. I'd like to see a sista in the Oval Office, but she's not the one to break that barrier. We all know if Obama was walking arm and arm with Becky Obama, he'd never get elected. I'm not sure it would send a good message to allow her to bring Todd (or whatever his name is) into the Oval Office.
not only that
she locks nikkas up like a healthy kawhi

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Feel free to take your defeatist mindset and go sit in the corner while the rest of us try and get something done specifically for AAs
Defeatist? If you learned to read more carefully, I'm asking YOU if you feel its a possibility. Do some research and look at previous bills that have been introduced to help people of color/poor people. Look at the result. And yet again, this conversation is centered around the presidency. I hope you understand that there is NO WAY this is done without Congress being on board as well. Unfortunately history has shown that we have a much more lackadaisical attitude to voting when it comes to the midterms. We think the Prez can do whatever he/she wants. shyt mufukka I hope it can happen!!! But the reality that I have seen is that it is not likely, and my question centers around how much do we want to put on that one thing when it comes to choosing a candidate.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I bet you thought you were being deep when you typed this bullshyt out :francis:
ARE YOU DUMB? What the FUKK is deep about what I asked??? Do you think reparations is a significant possibility, and if not, do you want to use that as a major factoir when choosing your candidate. Only an idiot would think such a simple question is an attempt to be deep.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
ARE YOU DUMB? What the FUKK is deep about what I asked??? Do you think reparations is a significant possibility, and if not, do you want to use that as a major factoir when choosing your candidate. Only an idiot would think such a simple question is an attempt to be deep.
Are YOU fukking dumb?
Asking these stupid motherfukking questions, the same questions that have been asked repeatedly over and over again just in different ways by the same disingenuous posters all pretending that they're asking them in good faith when the reality is all you cats are doing is being pessimistic fakkit ass cowards spreading negativity under the guise of genuine concern. Get the entire fukk outta here with this transparent as shyt, saying a bunch of nothing. Just talking to hear yourselves talk, contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation and wasting everybody's time.

Don't you ever quote me again you fukking bum.

who are your people btw? You a foreign breh or a cac, which is it? If you're ADOS then you're even more fukking pathetic carrying on like this :hhh:

Black people would never have gotten anything done if everybody had your ho ass mindset :camby: