WHO WINS?

• Total voters

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

This mf literally is coming from a Jail cell to the RNC stage same day :dead: politics is on some WWE/reality TV shyt nowadays

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Trump says 'I'm for TikTok' as potential US ban looms​

By David Shepardson

July 16, 20247:36 PM EDTUpdated a day ago

A picture of U.S. President Donald Trump is seen on a smartphone in front of displayed Tik Tok and WeChat logos in this illustration

A picture of U.S. President Donald Trump is seen on a smartphone in front of displayed Tik Tok and WeChat logos in this illustration taken September 18, 2020. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration/File Photo Purchase Licensing Rights, opens new tab

WASHINGTON, July 16 (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he supports TikTok even as a potential ban looms if Chinese-parent company ByteDance fails to divest the short video app's U.S. assets.

"I’m for TikTok because you need competition. If you don’t have TikTok, you have Facebook and Instagram," Trump told Bloomberg BusinessWeek in an interview posted Tuesday. Trump previously called TikTok, which is used by 170 million Americans, a threat but then joined TikTok last month.

Trump, who has criticized Meta Platforms-owned Facebook and Instagram (META.O), opens new tab for suspending him for two years in the wake of the deadly Capitol Hill riot on Jan. 6, 2021, told an interviewer in June he would never support a TikTok ban, opens new tab.

TikTok declined to comment. As president, Trump tried to ban TikTok and Chinese-owned WeChat in 2020 but the move was blocked by the courts. In June 2021, President Joe Biden withdrew a series of Trump-era executive orders that sought to ban WeChat and TikTok.

Trump holds a majority stake in social media company Trump Media and Technology Group (DJT.O), opens new tab that operates rival network Truth Social. Trump Media has a $7 billion market cap despite quarterly revenue of around $770,000 - comparable to two U.S. Starbucks shops.

In September, a U.S. appeals court will hold oral arguments on legal challenges to a new law requiring China-based ByteDance to divest TikTok's U.S. assets by Jan. 19 or face a ban.

The hearing before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia will put the fate of TikTok in the middle of the final weeks of the 2024 presidential election.

Signed by Biden on April 24, the law gives ByteDance until Jan. 19 to sell TikTok or face a ban. The White House says it wants to see Chinese-based ownership ended on national security grounds, but not a ban on TikTok. Biden's campaign joined TikTok in February.

Driven by worries among U.S. lawmakers that China could access data on Americans or spy on them with the app, the measure was passed overwhelmingly in Congress in April just weeks after being introduced.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I was struggling with it before, but i think i'm officially on Team Kamala at this point. pair her up with a midwest/southern Dem governor like Beshear or Cooper, and run someone who isn't going to die. biden '24 is officially a fukking disgrace

for as much bullshyt as she faces being a minority and a woman, she's also young and attractive enough where maybe it will offset that, in the way that Hillary didn't get. she'd certainly be running a much more energetic campaign than trump

i'd still prefer someone besides biden or kamala, but if it's one of the two....i think it might be Kamala time
rick-ross-drink-juice-c34u6l94pmjru9nu.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Wait.... so now G. Elliot Morris of 538 is "just some journalist...." :mjlol:

In March 2020, Morris and The Economist published a forecast for the 2020 U.S. presidential election, the first major model predicting the election's outcome.On August 1, his model gave Joe Biden an 87 percent chance of winning the election, drawing criticism from Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight, who said, "I am not necessarily convinced. It's not just that polls could move. It's a question of, like, how well can pollsters predict turnout when the mechanics of voting have really changed?" Morris has had a public feud with Silver, leading to Silver blocking him on Twitter.

In May 2023, ABC News hired Morris to lead FiveThirtyEight as editorial director of data analytics following Silver's exit from the site.

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Yall think Kamala can win? Seriously asking. I think her chances are slim to none but my ppl think otherwise

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Wait.... so now G. Elliot Morris of 538 is "just some journalist...." :mjlol:

In March 2020, Morris and The Economist published a forecast for the 2020 U.S. presidential election, the first major model predicting the election's outcome.On August 1, his model gave Joe Biden an 87 percent chance of winning the election, drawing criticism from Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight, who said, "I am not necessarily convinced. It's not just that polls could move. It's a question of, like, how well can pollsters predict turnout when the mechanics of voting have really changed?" Morris has had a public feud with Silver, leading to Silver blocking him on Twitter.

In May 2023, ABC News hired Morris to lead FiveThirtyEight as editorial director of data analytics following Silver's exit from the site.

I must have missed this...what are you responding to.