WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
i dont even want to nominate gavin in '28 tbh, defending cali will be awful. this was his year to just "but trump" every criticism

it's crazy how trump fukked desantis out of his nomination, and biden fukked newsom out of his too :dead:is there fukkin ANYONE who actually wants trump/biden over newsom/desantis, if you had to pick a matchup?

Cali alone has one of the best economies in the world, it's fine. The problem isn't the state, it's that people outside of California grossly overrated the appeal of Newsom. He's not winning jack shyt. Everything about his political mannerisms and habits simply don't appeal to people outside of the west coast.

The way the party is moving, and the type of states that vote earliest in the primary, suggest to me that IF a governor wins the nominee in 2028 it'll be a Midwest one. Specifically, Gretchen Whitmer or JB Pritzker. Both are very popular, have been very successful and don't have ties to DC.

I will say this though...just from what I've seen and heard working in the finance/banking realm...Wes Moore is a dark horse candidate. Money people like him, he has the military background, black family....he's just gotta avoid landmines in Maryland and do well. If he does, he can make noise too. I could also see him waiting instead of jumping in for 2028.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Cali alone has one of the best economies in the world, it's fine. The problem isn't the state, it's that people outside of California grossly overrated the appeal of Newsom. He's not winning jack shyt. Everything about his political mannerisms and habits simply don't appeal to people outside of the west coast.

The way the party is moving, and the type of states that vote earliest in the primary, suggest to me that IF a governor wins the nominee in 2028 it'll be a Midwest one. Specifically, Gretchen Whitmer or JB Pritzker. Both are very popular, have been very successful and don't have ties to DC.

I will say this though...just from what I've seen and heard working in the finance/banking realm...Wes Moore is a dark horse candidate. Money people like him, he has the military background, black family....he's just gotta avoid landmines in Maryland and do well. If he does, he can make noise too. I could also see him waiting instead of jumping in for 2028.
Agreed. What I'm still trying to figure out is what do black women do in the primary? Surely most of them would not want to pass up the opportunity to have the first black woman President and therefore vote for VP Harris, being blind to the fact that she cannot win a national election.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Agreed. What I'm still trying to figure out is what do black women do in the primary? Surely most of them would not want to pass up the opportunity to have the first black woman President and therefore vote for VP Harris, being blind to the fact that she cannot win a national election.
No one is worried about Kamala Harris.

Dems gotta establish party order before 2028 or none of this matter.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I'm not sure black women as a whole will ride for Harris. Sure, many of the older MSNBC types will. My mom loves Kamala and will damn near fight anyone who disagrees lmao. But she's not normal person. Her and my dad literally start cooking dinner to make sure they can eat while watching their favorite MSNBC shows.
:mjlol:

I'm not sure there's gonna be one defacto candidate who captures the imagination of people enough to outright win the 2028 primary. I'd imagine it'll be a slog that boils down to 2-3 candidates squaring off for a few months. And assuming a Kamala campaign crashes/burns I'd imagine there will be some weird identity based resentment campaign against the white candidates but I don't think most black people in real life care about that. They just want a good candidate, be he/she black or white.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kamala running in '28 would be selfish :yeshrug:

i mean, im sorry, but she knows goddamn well she isnt winning a general election against a republican. she doesnt HAVE to run in '28, just because she was the VP. nothing remotely resembling a real, tangible justification is there

if she actually takes over for biden, and the dems get behind her in '28, fine. but as a standalone candidate :snoop::mjlol:

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
kamala running in '28 would be selfish :yeshrug:

i mean, im sorry, but she knows goddamn well she isnt winning a general election against a republican. she doesnt HAVE to run in '28, just because she was the VP. nothing remotely resembling a real, tangible justification is there

if she actually takes over for biden, and the dems get behind her in '28, fine. but as a standalone candidate :snoop::mjlol:
She shouldn't run, but ego and ambition will tempt her to run.

The old Washington phrase is "Every US Senator looks in the mirror and sees themself as a President". That applies to the Vice President too.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She shouldn't run, but ego and ambition will tempt her to run.

The old Washington phrase is "Every US Senator looks in the mirror and sees themself as a President". That applies to the Vice President too.
you know what my ideal scenario is? everybody wins;

biden steps down in like august of '27, after the primaries have started. he won't need a reason at that point :mjlol:

kamala takes over as the first female president, for a year and a half. and makes the magnanimous gesture of "the voters should select the next nominee. i will serve out president biden's term until january 2029"

fox news goes crazy. they have to answer to president kamala for a year, but they can't actually run against her :mjlol: and kamala goes down in the history books as the first female commander in chief, for her fans, without risking destroying her legacy with a loss

meanwhile a centrist voltron forms in the primary, the shapiro/whitmer ticket. and stops a mudhole in ted cruz in 2028 :banderas:

i should send this script to aaron sorkin :wow:

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
i honestly don't understand why you guys hate kamala so much.... she seems like your run of the mill politician... certainly nothing to get excited about but also nothing to be terrified of either..... the hatred of her reminds me of the hatred of hillary.... kamala doesn't have an email server scandal on her resume, i wonder what else they might have in common that's driving this....

:jbhmm:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
kamala takes over as the first female president, for a year and a half. and makes the magnanimous gesture of "the voters should select the next nominee. i will serve out president biden's term until january 2029"

fox news goes crazy. they have to answer to president kamala for a year, but they can't actually run against her :mjlol: and kamala goes down in the history books as the first female commander in chief, for her fans, without risking destroying her legacy with a loss
I have been thinking about this since all the Joe got dementia comments started ramping up.

This would the the best case scenario for busting the female leader cherry so we can move on to when an another woman decides to run.