WHO WINS?

• Total voters

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Do you honestly believe that in a scenario where a former President was almost assassinated that now would be the time to maintain the status quo of political rhetoric?
I'm not sure I understand your question but I think at a time when Donald Trump is poised to win his second term in office and enact unprecedented damage to the structure of American governance and social life, it is not appropriate to respond to this with typical genteel civility and gamesmanship. I believe in treating Trump and this moment with the gravity it deserves, which means novel rhetoric. This is a knife fight, drop the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

King Kreole

Daps
If Dems did act like that these same people would be attacking them for not showing any respect.
And here in lies the fundamental problem. Democrats are perpetually scared of pissing off Republicans who operate in either total bad faith or insanity. The Democrats did the "right" thing and bowed their heads yet they're still being attacking by these people anyway! It's a lose-lose stance, all I'm asking for is Democrats to stop bending over and taking it. Fight back with your own rhetoric.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
No one here is saying the Dems should say "I'm glad he was shot and I wish he died!"

I'm asking them to not wish for a speedy recovery and best wishes to the man they're saying is trying to end American Democracy. Those two sentiments are not in line at all. The Democrats did not send this guy to shoot Trump, so why would they need to justify killing a political opponent. They aren't responsible for this shooter.

There's a massive gap between saying you want Trump dead and saying you wish he has a quick and full recovery, and inside of that gap exists the correct response:

So you’re suggesting that Dems increase the political rhetoric by politicizing an assassination attempt? Do you realize how poorly that would be received by the electorate and both parties?

You can want to defeat a political opponent and rail against what they believe in and still have a bit of compassion for that same political opponent who was almost murdered

King Kreole

Daps
So you’re suggesting that Dems increase the political rhetoric by politicizing an assassination attempt? Do you realize how poorly that would be received by the electorate and both parties?

You can want to defeat a political opponent and rail against what they believe in and still have a bit of compassion for that same political opponent who was almost murdered
I've said my piece so I'll drop it now, but I don't believe in having compassion for Trump and the movement to destroy the country. Especially not if that compassion gets in the way of defeating him. This is not a "business as usual, good game, better luck next time" election.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Biden won by razor thin margins in key battleground states and the blue shirts are trying to shut us up from speculating that a historical debate failure and a failed assassination attempt can change those margins.
I don’t see how the shooter being a far right radicalized pro gun 20 year old aka a product of Trump’s America is beneficial to Trump. To be honest I think this was the worst possible scenario for Trump. This is a case of Trumps failed policies in action

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Instead of choosing the 'unity' route... a lot of Republican Congressmen and pundits have gone to Twitter to blame Biden and Democrats for the shooting. We know now that the shooter was a registered Republican.

I'd be careful about thinking this incident will have a lot of staying power come November. The GOP is so bent on hate and divisiveness that it's not going to take long before people start thinking "fukk Trump" again if they haven't already...

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Halfway Crooks is White, from rural Pennsylvania, registered Republican with an AR15 (Fits the MAGA Profile). There is a long history of people in a Cults turning against their Cult Leaders. Trump may have a problem within.

I said this in the TLR Thread for this shooting.

Recently to gain more Independent and Centrist voters, Trump is staying hush about a National Abortion Ban. Now where I give credit to Trump, is that Trump knows that promoting a National Abortion Ban in a trail is a losing situation.

This is where it gets interesting, the GOP has been getting upset at Trump because THEY want the National Abortion Ban and they want Project 2025, they need Trump.

After so many years of enabling and gaslighting his base, it's very possible that the monster is turning on it's creator.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biden won by razor thin margins in key battleground states and the blue shirts are trying to shut us up from speculating that a historical debate failure and a failed assassination attempt can change those margins.

It’s a reach to think people will vote based off of this but if you want to psycho analyze this for how it could affect swing voters then I could easily make a case there will be as many if not more swing voters who look at this incident and think to themselves I just don’t want the chaos that’s comes with another Trump presidency

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
It’s a reach to think people will vote based off of this but if you want to psycho analyze this for affecting voters then I could make a case there will be as many if not more swing voters who look at this incident and think to themselves I just don’t want the chaos that’s comes with another Trump presidency

Bingo

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
GSaiKxYXkAAIPj9

83056391-13254533-image-m-30_1711777029972.jpg

Sometimes you have to be careful what you put out in the Universe.