WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Why would anyone trust this source, which is currently blatantly lying about everything else relating to the storm. I'm sure a lot of republican areas have been hit. But Asheville is in a county that Biden won with nearly 60% of the vote.
Because asheville is only 93k people and the surrounding areas in that county are very conservative.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
1728307339786.png

Good pic to describe TLR's emotions 4 weeks from now

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
Why would anyone trust this source, which is currently blatantly lying about everything else relating to the storm. I'm sure a lot of republican areas have been hit. But Asheville is in a county that Biden won with nearly 60% of the vote.
5pdrpCV.png

Z5RdgfS.png

first pic is from the FEMA affected voters and the bottom is the 2020 election, I haven't looked at the population comparison cause landmass doesn't vote but most of the red areas look to be around 11k

just from the few counties I looked at, it does seem to track with the CNN numbers on the trump side

Last edited:
Daps
For them it's better to attempt to assassinate someone's character than to own up to something being an abject failure.

Many on here personally identify with their chosen candidate and use that person as a measure of their own
personhood. Any admittance that they might've chosen wrong or are misinformed is like accepting a personal attack.

So to them giving any ground even in something as inconsequential as a message board community is a step to far.

Hence perfectly reasonable, sane posts and posters are being met with incredulity and claims of fanaticism and insanity or
calling people "smooth brains" for pointing out shyt that most would say is bad on any given Tuesday under similar
circumstances with different perpetrators.

If this were TLR, I'd give a lot of shyt back but this is supposed to be the "serious" part of the website, I'm not seeing
much seriousness tho.
I agree with the overall sentiment that theirs a lot of pride involved in all of our stances. I get the arguing about peoples stances/past stances and even if the shyt spills for pages it happens, its a message board. What I dont get is the point wrapped with the messaging we get in all these back and forths

So much of the convo around Kamala is speculative, especially because she has run both her Presidential campaigns in two different ways. Its as valid to believe she'll adopt leftist policies as it is she'll adopt centrist ones. Kamala is fluid and we won't know where she'll land until appointees are named and policy is worked into bills. Having back and forths about that is part of the process, but pages arguing the political alignment of the campaign strategy is just beef, because our perception of political alignment varies person to person. One persons middle is another persons extremism

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
There are good people for sure but focusing on people instead of policy is how you get distracted.
Exactly. The Obama presidency was that moment for me.

So you gotta be perfect 100% of the time, sacrifice everything, and be removed from power on a grassroots level before I can get my respect? Yes, no one is gonna agree with you 100% of everything, but to not see the bigger picture on the direction America is going right now for the next few decades for immediate short-term victories, is child like in hindsight.
That's not what he meant. Slow down and comprehend what he is saying.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Because asheville is only 93k people and the surrounding areas in that county are very conservative.
5pdrpCV.png

Z5RdgfS.png

first pic is from the FEMA affected voters and the bottom is the 2020 election, I haven't looked at the population comparison cause landmass doesn't vote but most of the red areas look to be around 11k

just from the few counties I looked at, it does seem to track with the CNN numbers on the trump side
You might got to take the L on this one big dog @Piff Perkins

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
STFU, one poll means nothing. I literally posted a poll earlier where Kamala is up by 5% nationally.

Also, Yahoo is doing clickbait nonsense. The VP debate doesn't change anything.
you posted a lower-quality poll
looking at the average, Trump is clearly surging after the Vp debate + hurricane

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Ive noticed very few straightforward answers are given on here and Im pretty sure its because most of yall treat each other like your a news station tryna get gotcha quotes against a political candidate. HL can either be a place where people go back in forth in depth on why they believe what they do or it can be a place where every interaction is building towards a debate-bro-owned moment, but people arent going to be both ways because the philosophies are at odds with each other
I don’t even remember ever talking to dude before so he had no reason to be so evasive. Usually when people spend more time avoiding the question rather than just answering it, it’s for a shytty reason.

This is a guy saying Bernie and AOC are exploiting progressive ideas. Besides that being abjectly false, the follow up question from anyone would be okay who is a good example of progressivism or who represents you then? I even gave him the out afterward of an acceptable answer would have even been “no one represents me”.

But based on his numerous points I fully understand his life view at this point and limiting conversation in the future with him is probably best for my (and most people’s) mental health.

Last edited:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
We all knew what it was at the DNC. She's chosen to campaign in a way that appeals to current/former pearl clutching rethugs. Its not inspiring but I dont think its too bad so long as she doesnt let her Presidency be inspired by that part of her campaign. I want to believe that Dems know this is a temporary coalition but :yeshrug: the desire to see the humanity in our peers has blinded most of us at least once
Breh, Kamala has given up ZERO policy concessions in order to gain the endorsement of Liz & Dikk Cheney (or any other Republican who has endorsed her).

This isn't about policy but simply putting country over party. I can guarantee you that the Cheneys disagree with 95-99% of Kamala's policies, but that doesn't matter because they view Trump as a danger to democracy, which supersedes policy to them.

Also, it's not "inspiring" to you because it's not targeted at people like you. It's targeted at anti-Trump Republicans and certain moderate suburbanites. Kamala needs every voter that she can get.

Honestly I'm concerned about the Rethug endorsements as well.

Mainly because I know many of those same Rethugs are going to want a piece of her administration later on. Conservative folks are highly transactional.

I want her to win and I understand what has to be done for her to do so, but anyone is right to feel that Captain Marvel getting the endorsement of Thanos could be problematic at some point.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s no point in understanding them. @Insensitive is a tankie faux-revolutionary and @No1 finds more common ground with him than liberals who disagree with progressives withholding their vote to keep a fascist out of the White House.

These people operate in idealized fantasy and not the real world
Not a "faux revolutionary", I've actually been outside trying to help people.
I've fed the homeless, participated in demonstrations and rioted (I posted photos on here
one of the nights I was outside of the police lol.)

These are things that I've actually engaged in and participated in offline.

Just because you sit in your cubicle all day and you're soft in real life doesn't
mean everyone is a cynical weak bytch like you :pachaha:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not a "faux revolutionary", I've actually been outside trying to help people.
I've fed the homeless, participated in demonstrations and rioted (I posted photos on here
one of the nights I was outside of the police lol.)

These are things that I've actually engaged in and participated in offline.

Just because you sit in your cubicle all day and you're soft in real life doesn't
mean everyone is a cynical weak bytch like you :pachaha:
Clout achieved! Major props bro :wow: fake progressives like Bernie and AOC could learn a thing or two from you :salute: