WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dems been winning elections since 2018 bro and consistently…Scoutus overturning Roe v Wade was the straw that broke the back… GOP haven’t recovered on local and state elections nevermind national… now this immunity ruling will bury the gop in November.. folk keep listening to the echo chamber of Twitter and this shyt ass polls that have been wrong since 2016… The losses the gop will suffer will be more historic than in 2022 midterms

I would be 100% on board with you if not for the debate man. That SCOTUS ruling kinda sealed Trump's fate under normal circumstances by making everyone realize he cannot become president again...but Biden is such a risk at this point. The danger seems too great to place bets on someone who doesn't seem capable of basic public duties....

The safest course of action is for him to step down, Kamala takes over and installs a generic white guy as VP who is generally liked.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
While Harris would have to be the replacement, my concern is I'm not sure a woman - worse yet one who isn't white - is capable of beating Trump. His appeal seems intrinsically designed to neuter women challengers by belittling them and looking stronger on stage. And given that Kamala constantly talks to Americans as if they are either kindergarteners or high school kids, shyt could go bad. But I'm more than willing to take the risk because it seems the best shot.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Biden on his worst day is still better than Trump…

If Biden loses the election, how does that matter? Trump is a MUCH better campaigner than Biden is.

You think one man runs the government? It’s about having competent people in important places to run the government…

You think the type of voters who are ignorant enough to be "swing" voters care about arguments like that? :francis:

Biden’s 4yrs in office is far better than trumps 4 which was an utter disaster

While that is objectively true to the informed observer, the average American doesn't actually feel that way, and that's a big problem.

Now, explain to me why Gretchen Whitmer doesn't work equally well for all of those arguments rather than a cognitively declining senior with a checkered history in government who was bad at campaigning even on his best day?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm.more than willing to accept that he was (clearly) under the weather during the debate, had a sore throat etc.
and that wasnt even true. unless he got some kind of super cure for the NC appearance the next day :mjlol:

it was simply a matter of that debate being the first remotely challenging, non teleprompter activity he's done in 4 years :bryan:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Talking about Harris and Whitmer or Newsome in ANY CAPACITY would be better than a conversation focused on whether or not Biden can even survive a second term. If Dems actually saw the forest for the trees, the transition to Harris woulda started a long time ago.
Issue is incumbents have a huge advantage in terms of voting, so you’d be giving that away

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Issue is incumbents have a huge advantage in terms of voting, so you’d be giving that away
i think they could have averted that by going with the transition earlier. Harris outperformed Biden in this poll I saw.

Edit: I see it got posted already