Phil finally clarifies the future of Zenimax and Bethesda games

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Microsoft isn’t hurting in the money department. You don’t make this move to give Sony a bone.
Exactly. Why would Microsoft spend all that money just to release all these games on PlayStation?....makes zero sense. They made this move to convert PS users to Xbox. Plain and simple. And they'll succeed as long as Bethesda drops bangers.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Still think Phil ducktaling. Not like he hasn't before.

Xbox brought in a little over 11 billion last year. They paid 7.5 billion for Zenimax this year.

We'll see.....
Oh, shyt. They got off a $7.5b purchase after grossing $11b :huhldup:? Here's hoping all the bean counters found a way to make this make sense for them long term.
You guys making interesting points but it's extremely flawed. See, this isn't, wasn't, never was confused to be a one year thing. How much they make in 2013-2018? And realize 2019 is the year before the launch of next gen systems. And they still made that much. So paying 7.5bil for the franchises they purchased isn't expensive at all. They'll make more than that off one hit, and they got a bunch of studios with hit making franchises so what the fukk are we confused about here? Didn't at it's young school you guys on the numbers :troll:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
GzGoovr.jpg

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I legit didn't know that, re: those numbers. Was that gross, or net? I'm assuming gross, in which case Nadella is giving Phil one hell of a long leash.

On another note, I'm starting to get concerned about Halo. That blurb makes it seem like the delay might be pretty lengthy. I was thinking it might be out in Q1 next year, or something.
IDGAF. Release it when it's ready, and not a day before. I'd rather the game be fire. Between Destiny grind, GWG and Game Pass, my backlog is ridiculous anyway.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys making interesting points but it's extremely flawed. See, this isn't, wasn't, never was confused to be a one year thing. How much they make in 2013-2018? And realize 2019 is the year before the launch of next gen systems. And they still made that much. So paying 7.5bil for the franchises they purchased isn't expensive at all. They'll make more than that off one hit, and they got a bunch of studios with hit making franchises so what the fukk are we confused about here? Didn't at it's young school you guys on the numbers :troll:

The bolded is laughable. I assume they know what they're doing, and will make their money back and then some somehow, but to suggest just one hit will do it is crazy.

GTAV is supposedly in the $6B range in revenue, and the only thing that seems to be able to kill that game off is maybe the release of another GTA. Nothing Bethesda makes has proven it can see that level of success.

And those numbers are WITH the initial wave of copies being sold at regular retail, and their aggressive microtransactions. The Bethesda buy is a long term investment, but It's ballsy to take on a purchase that probably eats up a significant portion if not all of last year's net profit.

IDGAF. Release it when it's ready, and not a day before. I'd rather the game be fire. Between Destiny grind, GWG and Game Pass, my backlog is ridiculous anyway.

I agree. I want them to take their time, get it right, and give people what they want. It's just surprising that it went from "This is launching with the console" to Phil sounding like they're not set on when or how it'll be released in the span of three months.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Seems like people at machine games are happy

What’s in store for the next decade at MachineGames?
Fredrik: Games, games, and more games! I also think being part of Microsoft will help us make even greater games in the future. They have a huge number of knowledgeable people, great developers, tech solutions and hardware.

MachineGames Looks to the Future

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What a fukking b*stard...:hhh: he's willing to roll the dice on this... What if es6 flops then he loses more money then he would have gotten if he did a multiplatform release ..:scust: I knew he would do this...