Phil finally clarifies the future of Zenimax and Bethesda games

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still think Phil ducktaling. Not like he hasn't before.

Xbox brought in a little over 11 billion last year. They paid 7.5 billion for Zenimax this year.

We'll see.....

I legit didn't know that, re: those numbers. Was that gross, or net? I'm assuming gross, in which case Nadella is giving Phil one hell of a long leash.

On another note, I'm starting to get concerned about Halo. That blurb makes it seem like the delay might be pretty lengthy. I was thinking it might be out in Q1 next year, or something.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I legit didn't know that, re: those numbers. Was that gross, or net? I'm assuming gross, in which case Nadella is giving Phil one hell of a long leash.

On another note, I'm starting to get concerned about Halo. That blurb makes it seem like the delay might be pretty lengthy. I was thinking it might be out in Q1 next year, or something.

not profit, total Xbox Revenue for 2019.

For Halo, it's prob for the best to not rush it. Because if they fukk it up again....

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not profit, total Xbox Revenue for 2019.

For Halo, it's prob for the best to not rush it. Because if they fukk it up again....

Oh, shyt. They got off a $7.5b purchase after grossing $11b :huhldup:? Here's hoping all the bean counters found a way to make this make sense for them long term.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
It’s hilarious how whenever it’s pointed out to Xbots that Phil Spencer’s decisions make no financial sense they point to Microsoft’s Office 365 revenues as a way of propping up Xbox’s shytty business model. “Microsoft has longterm billions, bro :wow:

RIP Fallout and Elder Scrolls. That’s the end of those franchises, I guess. People in here delusional thinking mafukkas gonna go out and purchase a whole ass Xbox just to play those games, or play them on their phones.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Either nikkaz lying on purpose or they just don't know what they speaking on. I'll answer questions but will they care?
I'm not going to go back and forth with u and Meach. Phil Spencer answered the question of will it be profitable to only sell Zenimax's games on Xbox and PC. Phil's answer was yes. He said I don't have to sell on other platforms to make money. He didn't say that he will not sell on other platforms, simply that he doesn't have to.
Are you aware he's in competition with the other platforms and the purpose of buying bethesda is to make their platform more desirable. They already had bethesda as a third party. I need you to stop looking at this from a Sony"fan" best case scenario perspective because under your logic it would not make sense to buy them outright for 7.5 billion dollars. You are being illogical sir...
Microsoft is about $$$ first and foremost. I have no doubt in my mind they would let Bethesda games be on Sony consoles as long as Sony paid a hefty premium for them(especially since Microsoft wants to focus more on software than hardware anyway), which knowing how Sony operates they won't pay them a dime so the games probably won't come to PS platforms.
Sony internet fanboys created this myth that Microsoft is getting out the console business. They will when consoles are no longer profitable, not because Sony forces them out. Financially speaking and profit wise, Xbox created console ecosystems. They been profiting since Xbox live was created. Sony is who they are today because they copied them Xbox model, before that they was going bankrupt. The ps3 would have went away like the Dreamcast did if metal gear 4 didn't move units. Google this if you think I'm being a fanboy, lying, exaggerating the truth. I'll take a month long ban bet with you if it's not true :popcorn: the Xbox series x is better than the ps5, why would they stop making hardware? And you know they committed to software so moving on...
I know all the answers, you forget who you’re dealing with? :usure:
A man with a switch that he needs to send that to VA ASAP :birdman:

:bow:
Everyone's forgetting that other devs Microsoft purchased have released games on the PS4, however development on those games started pre-acquisition.

I'm sure the Elder Scrolls VI will be on PS5. It'll just be 6 months to a year later after the XSX/PC release and at full price:yeshrug:
Nah :stop: But you're welcome to start up the ol Sony stan petition. They sure did want a bunch of Xbox games at launch :sas2:
Jesus christ, nikka. Get these motherfukkers dikk out of your mouth and sit the fukk down somewhere.

I never even said I think the games are actually coming to PlayStation. I was just saying that it makes the most sense for him to give an answer like he gave. One that says that it's not a priority for him, but he's open to anything that works for them.
When you add bullshyt, that's how we know you sir, :umad:
:mjlol:

This used car salesman level bullshyt.
How much you paying for demon souls on dubs tho :sas1:
The Outer Worlds by Obsidian and Wasteland 3 by inXile. There may be more but those are the 2 that spring to mind.
Those two was already finished before the deal was even completed, you're gonna have to try harder if you wanna get brownie points
Alright bruh, and I just read the article, that shyt was ambiguous as fukk he never gave a concrete answer. If that's how Microsoft wants to do business cool, let them do it, and the Xbox brand can keep bleeding money like it has been. I think it is smart they are aquiring developers honestly, Microsoft started as a software company and they will succeed and do the best as a software company, not trying to sell hardware which they have repeatedly said they are trying to get away from.
Lie #1 exposed
Microsoft: Xbox Gaming Revenue Exceeded $10 Billion in 2018 - Variety
:hula:
Microsoft's gaming revenues jump in Q4 of FY20 due to ongoing lockdowns

Lie #2 exposed
Microsoft: 'We're growing our gaming business beyond the console'
We are not leaving the console business behind by any means. We are continuing to invest there. The premium living room experience today is on Xbox One X, and we hope to continue that for years to come. But when you think about how we are going to broaden our business, we need to think beyond console to be successful
The release of two consoles and the gamestop deal makes what you're saying laughable imo

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Microsoft bought Zenimax with that 136B liquid they have just sitting.
Seriously doubt that. Liquid asset money is a last resort for any corporation. The cash and stocks they got surely came out of 2020 money.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

Netflix bears have long questioned the company's cash-burning strategy. In order to make original TV and movies, Netflix has to spend heavily up front, and it only recoups those costs years later from subscription revenues as the product streams on its service.

Free cash flow came in at negative $3.3 billion last year, which Netflix expects to be a trough, and it's had to take on a substantial amount of debt to fund that strategy. In fact, it announced another $1 billiion debt offering Wednesday morning. However, one of the silver linings from the pandemic is that Netflix has been able to save on cash costs with production on pause, and the company now expects free cash flow of negative $1 billion or better for 2020, though management sees a return to its general trajectory toward positive free cash flow next year. The company does not have a specific target for generating a free cash flow profit.