Phil finally clarifies the future of Zenimax and Bethesda games

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The Elder Scrolls/Fallout teams probably :whew: at the fact they don't have to worry about porting stuff over to PS5 since their games have always performed poorly on Sony platforms and they had to fight tooth and nail with them for console mod support. Now that they got the Microsoft bag they get to just stay in their wheelhouse and do what they do best:hubie:, make GOAT tier mod-friendly games that play great on xbox:ohlawd:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Do you really think Microsoft is going to ignore that massive elephant in the room which is the Sony Playstation customer base(aka tons of $$$ to be made) by saying 'You know what, Elder Scrolls 6 is Xbox exclusive.' Cool they do that and then what happens? Do you understand how much money Microsoft would be potentially losing out on by freezing out like what 60%(probably closer to 70%)of the console gaming market? From a business standpoint that doesn't even make sense bruh, Microsoft could make more $$$ off Playstations than they would Xbox's yet you think it's a ludicrous idea?
Phil Spencer is literally saying he doesn’t give a shyt about any of this in that quote.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I mean he clearly says in the interview that they don’t need other platforms to make the deal make sense from a business perspective.

Im not sure what else he needs to tell you.:manny:

He may be correct, BUT THIS IS A BUSINESS, WHITE MEN in business at that bruh. Do you really think he is going to pass on a potential goldmine of licensing games out to Sony if the possibility comes up to do that? If you really think a white run american business is going to pass up on potential billions of dollars in revenue because of 'brand loyalty' I have some beachfront property in Kansas to sell you bruh.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He may be correct, BUT THIS IS A BUSINESS, WHITE MEN in business at that bruh. Do you really think he is going to pass on a potential goldmine of licensing games out to Sony if the possibility comes up to do that? If you really think a white run american business is going to pass up on potential billions of dollars in revenue because of 'brand loyalty' I have some beachfront property in Kansas to sell you bruh.
Microsoft makes long term billions.

They got so much money in the bank that they lose money by NOT making deals like this one.

Microsoft sacrifices short term profit for industry dominance. That’s their strategy and has been for decades. This deal is no different.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This deal was not done to take games away from another player base like that. Nowhere in the documentation that we put together was: ‘How do we keep other players from playing these games?’ We want more people to be able to play games, not fewer people to be able to go play games.

:mjlol:

This used car salesman level bullshyt.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Microsoft makes long term billions.

They got so much money in the bank that they lose money by NOT making deals like this one.

Microsoft sacrifices short term profit for industry dominance. That’s their strategy and has been for decades. This deal is no different.

Alright bruh, and I just read the article, that shyt was ambiguous as fukk he never gave a concrete answer. If that's how Microsoft wants to do business cool, let them do it, and the Xbox brand can keep bleeding money like it has been. I think it is smart they are aquiring developers honestly, Microsoft started as a software company and they will succeed and do the best as a software company, not trying to sell hardware which they have repeatedly said they are trying to get away from.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The Outer Worlds by Obsidian and Wasteland 3 by inXile. There may be more but those are the 2 that spring to mind.
Those deals were already struck before Microsoft purchased the studios. And both games were published by someone other than Microsoft.

With the Bethesda deal they’ve said they will honor deals that were already made but that’s it.

Deathloop and Gohstwire Tokyo deals are being honored but anything beyond that will be Microsoft studios games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Alright bruh, and I just read the article, that shyt was ambiguous as fukk he never gave a concrete answer. If that's how Microsoft wants to do business cool, let them do it, and the Xbox brand can keep bleeding money like it has been. I think it is smart they are aquiring developers honestly, Microsoft started as a software company and they will succeed and do the best as a software company, not trying to sell hardware which they have repeatedly said they are trying to get away from.
Nothing he said was ambiguous. Xbox isn’t bleeding money. They never said they were trying to get away from selling hardware.

As I said, all you are doing is repeating Sony stan nonsense:mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Still think Phil ducktaling. Not like he hasn't before.

Xbox brought in a little over 11 billion last year. They paid 7.5 billion for Zenimax this year.

We'll see.....

drifter

Superstar
Daps
:russell:

Show me the sales figures, Phillip.

That's the only thing that matters, you didn't have to spend a dime to stay second, so your ambitions are obviously higher.

"Whatever that means", it means show the numbers sold of these games in exclusivity vs their multiplat forms so we can compare. Compare them to Xbox One title sales from last gen and see if there's any trends to takeaway.

You knew what return on investment meant when J Allard and Peter Moore were around and your blockhead was fetching coffees, now you don't know. I bet, it's been awhile.