Phil finally clarifies the future of Zenimax and Bethesda games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not true a huge factor for a lot of people is just they want to be able to maintain their spot in the Sony ecosystem by upgrading to the next console in line. I’m copping a Xbox when it drops and I haven’t owned a M$ product since the 360 but with a enough bells and whistles Sony can keep a huge amoyof it’s base onto the next generation
Sure lots of people will simply upgrade to the PS5. I was just comparing the two from a hardware perspective.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All it's going to take is ONE banger on xbox gamepass from 1st party.

Literally 1.

If halo would have been that banger out the gate this gen would have been different from jump. Instead, M$ has to wait for "that game" which might give sony the leg room to just keep doing what they are doing and be ok.

However when fables, and fallouts, and elder scrolls plus all these other games from these 1st party studios start dropping and it's all on gamepass. More and more ps fans are going to be like :patrice:

:manny:

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That sounds ambiguous as hell. Are Bethesda games going to be exclusive or not? Yes or no?
It's a direct answer in the context of the question.

He wasn't asked if Microsoft was open to the idea of releasing games on ps5. He was asked if the deal could still be profitable without releasing on ps5.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Console war will be over before these guys even get close to releasing their heavy hitters.
Probably,

Sony stans already starting to position themselves like "I use to love 360 back in the day" after HEAVILY poo poo'n on xbox for months if not years.

Truthfully the console war is over now, Sony is battling themselves and keeping up with microsoft at the point. Microsoft job now is easy, make a few hits, and they have the talent to make that happen now in droves. With gamepass, the series X Backwards compat from OG to current Xcloud, and a ton of new studios.... if they can't come out making even more profit than before and good will among gamers then it was never going to happen.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Netflix bears have long questioned the company's cash-burning strategy. In order to make original TV and movies, Netflix has to spend heavily up front, and it only recoups those costs years later from subscription revenues as the product streams on its service.

Free cash flow came in at negative $3.3 billion last year, which Netflix expects to be a trough, and it's had to take on a substantial amount of debt to fund that strategy. In fact, it announced another $1 billiion debt offering Wednesday morning. However, one of the silver linings from the pandemic is that Netflix has been able to save on cash costs with production on pause, and the company now expects free cash flow of negative $1 billion or better for 2020, though management sees a return to its general trajectory toward positive free cash flow next year. The company does not have a specific target for generating a free cash flow profit.

Netflix-Net-Income-by-Year.jpeg

With a net profit of 715 million made Q1 and 720 million made Q2 this year alone

"isnt profitable":mjgrin:

Last edited:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Confuse profit with income brehs....:mjlol:

Is Net Income the Same as Profit? - Investopedia

Net Income
Net income, also called net profit or net earnings, is a concrete concept. The figure that most comprehensively reflects a business's profitability—and used in publicly traded companies to calculate their earnings per share—represents the renowned bottom line of an income statement.

Net Income vs. Net Profit: Is There a Difference? (2020) - motley fool

Net income vs net profit: Is there a difference?
Is there any difference between net income and net profit? What about net earnings vs net income? No, there isn’t a difference. Most accountants and CPAs use the three terms interchangeably, as all three mean the same thing, which is the total money left over after subtracting all business expenses, which includes taxes, depreciation, and interest expense from total revenues received.

Be an uneducated sony slut brehs :mjcry:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iv been Team PS this gen ever since I copped the X1 first and realised it was trash, Sony went on to dominate the entire gen and Xbox didn’t drop a single exclusive that made me want to blow the dust of it..

with that said, Bethesda being MS is a big win for them, and with all the talk of them not having any games last gen I don’t see why they’d make this move and NOT have Fallout & ES be MS exclusive, both games are years away tho...I’ll just cop an Xbox nearer the time :yeshrug:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Netflix-Net-Income-by-Year.jpeg

With a net profit of 715 million made Q1 and 720 million made Q2 this year alone

"isnt profitable":mjgrin:

Netflix cash flow = negative 3 billion
Positive cash flow indicates that a company's liquid assets are increasing, enabling it to settle debts, reinvest in its business, return money to shareholders, pay expenses and provide a buffer against future financial challenges. Companies with strong financial flexibility can take advantage of profitable investments. They also fare better in downturns, by avoiding the costs of financial distress. Even profitable companies can fail if their operating activities do not generate enough cash to stay liquid. This can happen if profits are tied up in outstanding accounts receivable and overstocked inventory, or if a company spends too much on capital expenditures.

:ld:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

The amount that Netflix has been spending each year in cash (salaries, marketing, R&D, plus the cost of buying and creating content) FAR EXCEEDS the revenues it is receiving each year from paying subscribers. Netflix’s net income is nonetheless positive because under GAAP accounting rules, media companies are required to amortize the costs of movies and shows over the entire period the company expects them to generate revenues. A fairly common amortization schedule would have Netflix accounting for only 40% of the actual expenditure during the first year the program is available. The other 60% is spread out out over the next few years.

Sit down :mjlol:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Netflix’s net income is nonetheless positive

Exactly son we're nearly there :blessed:

Now remember what I taught you with the links I posted?

'net income' is the same as what?

'net profit'

Therefore Netflix is making a what?

'net profit'

Therefore netflix is what?

"Profitable" :krs:

See? Youre not as dumb as you thought bruh:leon: