Phil finally clarifies the future of Zenimax and Bethesda games

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Netflix cash flow = negative 3 billion
Positive cash flow indicates that a company's liquid assets are increasing, enabling it to settle debts, reinvest in its business, return money to shareholders, pay expenses and provide a buffer against future financial challenges. Companies with strong financial flexibility can take advantage of profitable investments. They also fare better in downturns, by avoiding the costs of financial distress. Even profitable companies can fail if their operating activities do not generate enough cash to stay liquid. This can happen if profits are tied up in outstanding accounts receivable and overstocked inventory, or if a company spends too much on capital expenditures.

:ld:
don't even bother they're not listening

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i've literally be skipping the bethesda conferences for the last few years and people have been notoriously clowning them for a while so it's funny to see everyone act like it's a big enough game changer.

I still feel the same way about bethesda i felt after fallout 4, 76, and all the other reggie they put out in the last gen. I could see peopel gassing microsoft buying bioware the same way as if bethesda and bioware aren't really in the same position hype wise.

Well see if they reclaim their glory with elder scrolls and starfield

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
don't even bother they're not listening
Well mainly because gamepass isn't following the netflix business model. it's only being compared because they both are subscription services.

With that said, even his article says they'll be making profits again by next year so make sure to acknowledge that part as well because it factors :francis:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
The problem is yall think positive net cash flow is synonymous with profit :laff:

Ahhh man :wow: That sony slut intellect once again providing that entertainment we all crave :wow:
I never said that I'm agreeing with the poster I quoted.
I don't think the two are synonymous

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Zenimax games will not actively be on PlayStation.

If they worded it like that you'd probably go "What they mean by actively :usure:"

You'd then consider that an indirect confirmation that it will be on playstation at some point. Yes or no @Rekkapryde

Then never use that same logic again :troll:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Makes sense. They want to increase Gamepass subscriptions and having Elder scrolls and fallout exclusively on there will boost numbers. Not quite sure why people thought these games will be on PS5.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Makes sense. They want to increase Gamepass subscriptions and having Elder scrolls and fallout exclusively on there will boost numbers. Not quite sure why people thought these games will be on PS5.
Only "people" you talking about are Sony stans, and they thought that because in their mind the majority of gamers in the world play on PlayStation so not putting games on PlayStation is turning your back on trillions of dollars :damn:

What you said is exactly it, but to Sony stans the ps5 has a userbase of 200 million users already. I actually read an article saying the ps5 would sell like 300 million :dahell:
PS5 Sales to Exceed 200 to 300 Million Units in 5 to 6 Years, Analyst Says; Could Terminate the Long-Running Console War

I guess they'll get all of the Xbox and wii only users plus PC heads too achieve that :wow:

I didn't realize demon souls was such a big deal

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Serious question to Xbots - what is the maximum amount of money you’re willing to pay for a monthly gaming subscription? I’m talking full price, no $1 for 3 years loophole. $15? $20? $30?

Seeing as most games start to see discounts a couple of weeks after release, at what point is it cheaper to just buy the games?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He answered the question that was presented to him.

Since jump they’ve said the deal was to add value to Gamepass.

Interviewer asked him if the deal can be lucrative without PlayStation. His answer was a resounding yes.

It’s clear PlayStation won’t be getting those games. There may be individual games or deals that make sense, but as a general rule Xbox games will be exclusive to Xbox platforms.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

He had it IF he shut up... Then he went into a long ass circle jerk statement to talk his way out of it.. Like others have said.. Why not just say it's exclusive and move on.. Sounds more like... We can... IF we sell enough of these programs.. But if we need to money, we'll do that too

This is really weird though.. fukk all this beating around the bush.. I'd have made the announcement the day before I signed the deal and definitely as I'm trying to sell my latest system. shyt feels like nobody even knows outside of hardcore gamers

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Serious question to Xbots - what is the maximum amount of money you’re willing to pay for a monthly gaming subscription? I’m talking full price, no $1 for 3 years loophole. $15? $20? $30?

Seeing as most games start to see discounts a couple of weeks after release, at what point is it cheaper to just buy the games?