Phil finally clarifies the future of Zenimax and Bethesda games

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
bro every galaxy sold getting Xbox Gamepass. They will be ok

:russ: you got jokes.

Anyway it's Gonna take years to recoup that fam. And that's just the costs of payment. Not even profit. Right now you have 15 million gamepass subs. That's 900 mill assuming everyone paying 60 a year.

The costs of what they paid Zenimax is over 60% of their annual revenue from last year alone for the Xbox division. Zenimax was generating 500 mill in revenue, not profit, the last couple of years having games on every platform.

I say that to say...there's a reason Phil's choosing his words carefully. That's a lot of money they have to recoup without Nintendo and Sony customers buying those games.

The owners of Zenimax hit a fukkin lick like a mufukka.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I legit didn't know that, re: those numbers. Was that gross, or net? I'm assuming gross, in which case Nadella is giving Phil one hell of a long leash.

On another note, I'm starting to get concerned about Halo. That blurb makes it seem like the delay might be pretty lengthy. I was thinking it might be out in Q1 next year, or something.

As long as Halo comes out next year, it doesn't matter what month it drops :hubie:

MS should drop Halo in November, 20 year anniversary of Combat Evolved :hubie:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What a fukking b*stard...:hhh: he's willing to roll the dice on this... What if es6 flops then he loses more money then he would have gotten if he did a multiplatform release ..:scust: I knew he would do this...
:umad::umad::umad::umad::umad:

Anyway it's Gonna take years to recoup that fam. And that's just the costs of payment. Not even profit. Right now you have 15 million gamepass subs. That's 900 mill assuming everyone paying 60 a year.

The costs of what they paid Zenimax is over 60% of their annual revenue from last year alone for the Xbox division. Zenimax was generating 500 mill in revenue, not profit, the last couple of years having games on every platform.

I say that to say...there's a reason Phil's choosing his words carefully. That's a lot of money they have to recoup without Nintendo and Sony customers buying those games.

Not necessarily. They can do merchandising like with Minecraft. I would follow the same formula, MC is printing money.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:umad::umad::umad::umad::umad:

Not necessarily. They can do merchandising like with Minecraft. I would follow the same formula, MC is printing money.
MC is also used to teach a lot of programming classes and courses, esp for kids. So even if and when the game itself falls off, it'll always be useful for object based programming. And that was on every platform available.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
MC is also used to teach a lot of programming classes and courses, esp for kids. So even if and when the game itself falls off, it'll always be useful for object based programming. And that was on every platform available.
Still, a series (multiple in this case), there are multiple streams of revenue. I would have Fallout, Doom, and ES Funkos, comics, statues, all the shyt nerds like. Not that hard at all if done right.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Still, a series (multiple in this case), there are multiple streams of revenue. I would have Fallout, Doom, and ES Funkos, comics, statues, all the shyt nerds like. Not that hard at all if done right.
Again though, Zenimax annual revenue was wasn't even in the billions. That's documented. And that was on EVERY platform.

We also can't ignore the potential of the competition putting more emphasis on their own streaming/gamepass type options. PS Now was out before gamepass and Sony bullshyttin with it. If Nintendo started their service that shyt would print money.

That's just a ton of potential revenue considering the price they paid to ignore.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russell:

Show me the sales figures, Phillip.

That's the only thing that matters, you didn't have to spend a dime to stay second, so your ambitions are obviously higher.

"Whatever that means", it means show the numbers sold of these games in exclusivity vs their multiplat forms so we can compare. Compare them to Xbox One title sales from last gen and see if there's any trends to takeaway.

You knew what return on investment meant when J Allard and Peter Moore were around and your blockhead was fetching coffees, now you don't know. I bet, it's been awhile.

It’s hilarious how whenever it’s pointed out to Xbots that Phil Spencer’s decisions make no financial sense they point to Microsoft’s Office 365 revenues as a way of propping up Xbox’s shytty business model. “Microsoft has longterm billions, bro :wow:

RIP Fallout and Elder Scrolls. That’s the end of those franchises, I guess. People in here delusional thinking mafukkas gonna go out and purchase a whole ass Xbox just to play those games, or play them on their phones.
Pocket watch one of the richest companies on earth brehs :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Exactly. He said he doesn't have to. Didn't say he's not going to.
Xbox is in competition with Sony and nintendo, buying them studio just to keep it multiplat makes not sense whatsoever. Below is Rekkapryde not giving you the full picture. But let's say he's accurate, then when multiplat they don't make enough money so why buy them just to keep shyt the same?

Maybe, just maybe this investment makes the Xbox brand as a whole more attractive. You do realize if this was Sony this wouldn't need to be explained. just let it go cuz :umad:

These studios...
The company owns id Software (developer of the Doom, Quake and Rage series), Arkane Studios (developer of Dishonored and Prey), MachineGames (developer of the Wolfenstein series), Tango Gameworks (developer of The Evil Within), publisher Bethesda Softworks with its Bethesda Game Studios (developer of The Elder Scrolls
All those studios with their hit franchises will sell systems and bring seats into their ecosystem. Or you can play Spiderman, God of war and horizon. Everything else is ok at best vs xbox and everything they got going on. And you think (and you're being serious) that Microsoft instead of building is own portfolio will make these games multiplat to recoup money cuz according to you they can't do it any other way :mjlol:

How about they win this gen, or do really well in a losing effort console sold wise but dominates on all other distribution channels. You don't think zenimax staying Xbox exclusive wouldn't help make that happen?

You will be clowned for this for the next decade, Sony stans :bryan:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Xbox hit all the criteria this gen.

Power, Services, Value, games.

Really only thing PlayStation got going for it is sequels to the big PS4 games.

If you aren’t a big TLOU/Spiderman/GOW fan Sony’s hardware is kinda trash :francis:
Not true a huge factor for a lot of people is just they want to be able to maintain their spot in the Sony ecosystem by upgrading to the next console in line. I’m copping a Xbox when it drops and I haven’t owned a M$ product since the 360 but with a enough bells and whistles Sony can keep a huge amoyof it’s base onto the next generation