Krafton is reviving Tango Gameworks and plans to expand the Hi-Fi Rush

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Single player game ports don’t typically do well a year+ after launch on another console

I don’t expect something like Kena to sell well on xbox this month either, even though it did good sales on ps5
Honestly, do non-soul Japanese action games move that many units? Even stuff from Platinum that are on the switch didn't move that many units. I know it's Korean but you might have the odd game like Stellar Blade moving a lot of units, but I think Hifi rush was not going to do that well commercially. Maybe if they got a push from Sony it would help, but that didn't even help something like Ghostwire.

I think HFR2 might want to remove the music timing thing if they want more appeal because that takes away a lot of potential consumers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, do non-soul Japanese action games move that many units?

Not really, devil may cry and Nier are like the top of their genre, then you have god of war on the western side

I think HFR2 might want to remove the music timing thing if they want more appeal because that takes away a lot of potential consumers

I think they could do well to build some more accessbility around it and just add maybe some more popular music. I don’t think there’s much more to the game without the music/rythm aspect

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not really, devil may cry and Nier are like the top of their genre, then you have god of war on the western side

I think they could do well to build some more accessbility around it and just add maybe some more popular music. I don’t think there’s much more to the game without the music/rythm aspect
I feel Nier is the exception because only DMC franchise make major units. I think western action games are different in that regard. I feel ones that are made by Asian developers don't move that many units except for the ones that we've listed. I loved the game and hope I am wrong, but it feels like the game wouldn't move that many sales. However, it's on the publisher to go out and actually market the game to sell people on it. I think tthe studio resurrecting will put more eyes on it like I remember it got player spike after it was announced they were close.