NFL Week 4: What Have We Learned?!

Have you learned anything new?

• Total voters

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't know why teams don't build and round out the team first and then get the quarterback.

Once everything is in place the QB should be the cherry on top.
Yup.

Even 10 years or so ago if you draft a QB and draft OL afterwards, you'd let the QB sit while the OL played. By the time the OL was ready, your QB had a defensive wall in front of them.

Pass on the drafting lesser QB's high in mid drafts and pick up the real ultra QB's when your team is ready. None of the cats this year are touching the top QB's from the class of 2026 and 2027. If I had a high pick this year I'd go full in on trade downs and stack up OL. Still be bad next year and go all in on the elite QB, maybe even use draft capital from the trade downs to move up and get said QB.

Even someone like Peyton Manning who started his rookie year had an offensive line of 1st and 2nd rounders right from jump.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That's not an excuse is a reality. Look at every 2024 playoff teams WR's and tell me who the Ravens were better than:

MIA: Tyreek, Waddle
Hou: Collins, Dell, Woods
Bills: Diggs, Davis, Shakir
Det: St Brown, Williams
SF: Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings
TB: Evans, Godwin
GB: Doubs, Watson, Reed
Pitt: Pickens, Diontae
CLE: Amari, Moore
PHI: AJ, Devonta
Dal: Ceedee, Cooks
LA: Kupp, Puka
KC: Rice, Watson, Mecole, MVS

Only maybe KC wasn't clearly better but they're deeper and Mahomes is better than Lamar.

Bateman is a bust. Agholor isn't reliable. What did they add? They didn't even need to get a top 5 WR. There were free agents available who could've added production so you get enough depth that you improve your passing game.

Did Lamar play great against KC no, but neither did Mahomes in the second half. A little more firepower would make things easier for the offense. It was a heavy dose of Zay Flowers and his fumble was the turning point in the game.

KC was the best defense in the playoffs. Why wouldn't you want as much firepower as possible? That's what every team was doing.

I’ll help you with atleast this one.

Cuz per the coli, none of the WRs on the Niners are top 20 WRs and Deebo a glorified RB who occasionally catches passes

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know why teams don't build and round out the team first and then get the quarterback.

Because that takes work :heh:. It takes special ability to hit on player after player. A lot of GMs across sports are not up to that task. Its way easier to just draft a guy that everybody thinks is special and toss him in some shyt and tell him to lift it and then when he cant say "Well I guess he wasnt special afterall. Lemme go find someone who is :rinse repeat:" than it is to fill out an entire roster with quality players.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
This is the widest the NFC has been in a while..

49ers probably still the team to beat, but too many injuries, and they are the oldest team in the league.
Detroit?
Vikings?
Seattle?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bo Nix first 4 games:

2-2 W/L
60.1% completion
660 yards
1 TD
4 INT

Bryce Young first 4 games:

0-4 W/L
63.89% completion
750 yards
5 TD
4 INT
im not even sure what point this is supposed to be making but im in awe that its apparently so clear that it can be presented with zero context

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Vikings have beaten the Niners, Texans and Packers in a row all wire to wire

AFC gonna be a clusterfukk this season

People overrated the fukk out of the Browns roster. Watson has had his issues but the rest of the offense ain't doing him no favors

NFL fukked up letting Jayden Daniels get there with Kliff Kingsbury

Jaguars going back to the Jaguars I've known for most of my adult life

If you a black QB and the team signs Joe Flacco to be your backup you gonna lose your job

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Ok I'll explain it to you, you can't guarantee when you have a high enough draft pick to take a QB
So when you're in that position and really fall in love with a QB prospect and your team needs one, you have to take them right then and there
You can't guarantee your team will be bad enough to be in a position to get a QB again
You have at least 4 years of the rookie contract to build the team out from there
It's easy to say take OL first and all this but that OL can suck and you just wasted a pick
Giants took Evan Neal 7th overall in 2022, here we are 2 years later and he's riding the bench cause he's so bad. And he was considered a can't miss OL, was even considered the #1 overall prospect for part of that season