NFL Week 4: What Have We Learned?!

Have you learned anything new?

• Total voters

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At some point, people are going to have to stop using that as an excuse considering the regular season success they had with those WRs along with the fact we just saw the Chiefs do that exact thing last season.

They had an elite defense last season against a weakened Chiefs offense and still couldn't come through.

That's not an excuse is a reality. Look at every 2024 playoff teams WR's and tell me who the Ravens were better than:

MIA: Tyreek, Waddle
Hou: Collins, Dell, Woods
Bills: Diggs, Davis, Shakir
Det: St Brown, Williams
SF: Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings
TB: Evans, Godwin
GB: Doubs, Watson, Reed
Pitt: Pickens, Diontae
CLE: Amari, Moore
PHI: AJ, Devonta
Dal: Ceedee, Cooks
LA: Kupp, Puka
KC: Rice, Watson, Mecole, MVS

Only maybe KC wasn't clearly better but they're deeper and Mahomes is better than Lamar.

Bateman is a bust. Agholor isn't reliable. What did they add? They didn't even need to get a top 5 WR. There were free agents available who could've added production so you get enough depth that you improve your passing game.

Did Lamar play great against KC no, but neither did Mahomes in the second half. A little more firepower would make things easier for the offense. It was a heavy dose of Zay Flowers and his fumble was the turning point in the game.

KC was the best defense in the playoffs. Why wouldn't you want as much firepower as possible? That's what every team was doing.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's not an excuse is a reality. Look at every 2024 playoff teams WR's and tell me who the Ravens were better than:

MIA: Tyreek, Waddle
Hou: Collins, Dell, Woods
Bills: Diggs, Davis, Shakir
Det: St Brown, Williams
SF: Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings
TB: Evans, Godwin
GB: Doubs, Watson, Reed
Pitt: Pickens, Diontae
CLE: Amari, Moore
PHI: AJ, Devonta
Dal: Ceedee, Cooks
LA: Kupp, Puka
KC: Rice, Watson, Mecole, MVS

Only maybe KC wasn't clearly better but they're deeper and Mahomes is better than Lamar.

Bateman is a bust. Agholor isn't reliable. What did they add? They didn't even need to get a top 5 WR. There were free agents available who could've added production so you get evening depth that you improve your passing game.

Did Lamar play great against KC no, but neither did Mahomes in the second half. A little more firepower would make things easier for the offense. It was a heavy dose of Zay Flowers and his fumble was the turning point in the game.

KC was the best defense in the playoffs. Why wouldn't you want as much firepower as possible? That's what every team is doing.
That was the Ravens unless you'd like to have revisionist history about how they performed all season long to that point.

I also wouldn't use that KC WR tandem for your argument because there were questions about them all season long and even going into the playoffs, which is why you had people picking their demise. Again, let's not have revisionist history about that KC offense as we can easily pull the receipts from what posters were saying.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bo Nix first 4 games:

2-2 W/L
60.1% completion
660 yards
1 TD
4 INT

Bryce Young first 4 games:

0-4 W/L
63.89% completion
750 yards
5 TD
4 INT

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was the Ravens unless you'd like to have revisionist history about how they performed all season long to that point.

I also wouldn't use that KC WR tandem for your argument because there were questions about them all season long and even going into the playoffs, which is why you had people picking their demise. Again, let's not have revisionist history about that KC offense as we can easily pull the receipts from what posters were saying.

I didn't say going in I said IN the playoffs. KC's defense outperformed everyone.

Regular season Chiefs are not playoff Chiefs. The offense performs better in the playoffs because Mahomes and Kelce go to another level. Chris Jones goes to another. Andy Reid and Spags go to another level.

You can't be a GM and expect your QB to play better than Patrick. You have to stack the deck and make sure you can score enough points.

There's no way you can look at the Ravens WR's and say they're good enough. Even if they won they had to face Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Kittle, and CMC. You gotta beat them twice with just Zay and a broken Andrews.

Lamar needs to play better but they need better WR's. Both things can be true.

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX

Say fam, forget Ravens had top5/6 defense and the best rushing in the league, the ravens don't have the best WRs so, that is the ONLY reason why they ain't SB champs with Lamar.
Their WRs couldn't be starters in HS teams :manny:

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
I like Najee Harris but I'm glad Pittsburgh didn't pick up his option. Vision and speed is subpar. Watching him trying to get the corner is :francis:

13 rush attempts for 19 yds at 1.5 ypa is awful. Comparared to Cordarrelle Patterson who averaged 7.2 on 6 rushes for 43 yds and is 33 years old. Even the rb called up from the practice squad had 5yds on 1 run.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I like Najee Harris but I'm glad Pittsburgh didn't pick up his option. Visions and speed is subpar. Watching him trying to get the corner is :francis:

13 rush attempts for 19 yds at 1.5 ypa is awful. Comparared to Cordarrelle Patterson who average 7.2 and is 33 years old. Even the rb called up from the practice squad had 5yds on 1 run.
Struggle cuts part 2

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I didn't say going in I said IN the playoffs. KC's defense outperformed everyone.

Regular season Chiefs are not playoff Chiefs. The offense performs better in the playoffs because Mahomes and Kelce go to another level. Chris Jones goes to another. Andy Reid and Spags go to another level.

You can't be a GM and expect your QB to play better than Patrick. You have to stack the deck and make sure you can score enough points.

There's no way you can look at the Ravens WR's and say they're good enough. Even if they won they had to face Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Kittle, and CMC. You gotta beat them twice with just Zay and a broken Andrews.

Lamar needs to play better but they need better WR's. Both things can be true.
They literally could have won that game had their offense mustered up more than 10 points :mjlol:

We’re not about to sit here and have revisionist history about that game when a lot of people including posters on this site were claiming that they were going to beat them.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Coaches are turning down points to go for 4th downs all across the league and are getting fukked by it left and right
That essentially cost the Saints the game today
spongebob-analytics.gif

:mjlol:

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis

I'm saying, if you're a QB-needy team right now, build your OL this year in the draft and free agency then draft Iamaleava next year.

I don't know why teams don't build and round out the team first and then get the quarterback.

Once everything is in place the QB should be the cherry on top.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't know why teams don't build and round out the team first and then get the quarterback.

Once everything is in place the QB should be the cherry on top.
That’s an easy answer. Because teams are too scared and don’t want to be known as the team that passed on THE GUY.