Melo Believes The Denver Nuggets Gave Nikola Jokic The Jersey Number 15 To Erase His Accomplishments

Theflash

Pro
Daps
Melo is the steve harvey of basketball
Crazy how he said he doesnt think about it anymore but has conspiracies im mind. And like others have said what did he really do in denver besides help them get better when he left. Then swagger jacked everything even forcing that me7o cause he saw jeter get that.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
You don't need to be Top 2 in a stat, but he's

Top 3 in points (English and Issel, Jokic will pass him this year)
Top 4 in field goals (English/Issel/Jokic)
Top 3 in free throws (Issel/English)
Top 2 in free throws attempted (Issel)
Top 4 in PPG (English/AI/Larry Jones, the latter 2 playing 2 & 3 seasons)
Top 10 in defensive rebounds (half of those ahead of him are retired numbers and Jokic will be 6)
Top 8 in steals (3 of them retired and Jokic will be 4)
Top 6 in Player Efficiency Rating (4 of them retired and Jokic will be 5)
Top 5 in Offensive Win Shares (Jokic/Issel/English/Thompson)
Top 6 in Overall Win Shares (those 5 plus Beck, whose number is also retired)

This slid into juelzing but everybody consistently ahead of Melo in any of these has their numbers retired other than 135 games of Iverson's 25 PPG.
Breh came with the numbers :wow: ...if any other player had that stats for a organization, they get their number retired. The fact that it's Melo, and the Coli hates Melo, they want to dismiss to push their own narratives.

*EDIT* Also wanted to add that Melo was a 4x All-Star, 4x All-NBA, made the All-Rookie team while averaging 24.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 3.1 asg in 7.5 seasons in Denver.

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
If you need to ask how a player being the 3rd highest scorer of their franchise affects the franchise decision to stop circulating their number, you're full of shìt. Which is also why you can't answer the original question I gave you.

Melo's number being available to play in in the first place was disrespectful. This is my last unique response to you. Any more will a quote of this until you drop it or figure out the answer.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you need to ask how a player being the 3rd highest scorer of their franchise affects the franchise decision to stop circulating their number, you're full of shìt. Which is also why you can't answer the original question I gave you.

Melo's number being available to play in in the first place was disrespectful. This is my last unique response to you. Any more will a quote of this until you drop it or figure out the answer.
No need for that breh. We can disagree on something without all that. Nothing else for me to really say, I've made my point. Respect.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of what you said applies to every other retired Nugget jersey.

Denver fukking retired Fat Lever's number but they give #15 away a season after he leaves to Anthony Randolph? C'mon.
And 9 players have worn #12 after Lever played for the Nuggets, including Chris Whitney, Chucky Atkins, Birdman, Marc Macon, and Winston Garland, who wore it 2 years after Lever left Denver.

3 guys wore #33 after David Thompson left.

Aaron Williams wore 55 the year after Mutumbo left.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
And 9 players have worn #12 after Lever played for the Nuggets, including Chris Whitney, Chucky Atkins, Birdman, Marc Macon, and Winston Garland, who wore it 2 years after Lever left Denver.

3 guys wore #33 after David Thompson left.

Aaron Williams wore 55 the year after Mutumbo left.
2 of those numbers really didn't need to be retired anyway...

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The usual non-black posters with their irrational hate for Carmelo Anthony arrived in here early and often :mjlol:

Melo is one of the most hated athletes of all time simply because he’s pro black
Now this is quite possibly the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on this forum :laff:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think you would care because the accomplishments are the accomplishments.

Again, show me the teams where the #3 scorer had his number circulated. It was disrespectful.

Barkley was #4 on Philly's all-time points board and they gave his number to Terry Cummings after he left.

This is what happens when you force your way out at 26. :yeshrug: