Melo Believes The Denver Nuggets Gave Nikola Jokic The Jersey Number 15 To Erase His Accomplishments

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
He IS overrated. He's only a HOFER due to affiliation/politics

Why should he get in over Mitch Richmond, excluding international play ?
You can't exclude international play, or a NCAA ring.

Melo is 11th points, and 10x All-Star, 6x All-Pro, and Scoring Champ but is only in by association :mjlol:. Mitch is already in and this is more than he's done.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
you guys are weird
the trade was way more benefical to denver. If he woulda left in free agency they would got nothing lol.

and yes, melo brought back denver from the dead. They went from like 17 wins to 40 plus wins in one season ( which was a record at the time) and made a regular playoff team in da West which was hard as fukk back then

He also brought em to their first conference finals ever and holds a lot of their records. Players have done less for teams and got their shyt retired...denver was dead in da water.
I am not a huge fan of Melo's game but yeah this shyt was wild.

Denver fukking retired Fat Lever's number but they give #15 away a season after he leaves to Anthony Randolph? C'mon.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Him doing that doesn't erase his accomplishments in the uniform, because if the team chose to do it to him this discussion would have a different tone.

What are really doing here?

Again, it was disrespectful to let the number be available. I'm not moving off this.
But it does erase any allegiance or Give a fukk you can realistically expect from a team. Its not just about accomplishments (which again is one 1st rd win) its about your relationship with the team/city. This nikka left and never looked back but they supposed to go out of their way to show him respect...over a guy that actually wants to be there? Its one thing if he won a chip but you cant walk away like he did and expect a bunch of points (nikka didnt even win a scoring title there) to earn you...well...any points :heh:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What did Melo "accomplish" for the Nuggets?:jbhmm:
You don't need to be Top 2 in a stat, but he's

Top 3 in points (English and Issel, Jokic will pass him this year)
Top 4 in field goals (English/Issel/Jokic)
Top 3 in free throws (Issel/English)
Top 2 in free throws attempted (Issel)
Top 4 in PPG (English/AI/Larry Jones, the latter 2 playing 2 & 3 seasons)
Top 10 in defensive rebounds (half of those ahead of him are retired numbers and Jokic will be 6)
Top 8 in steals (3 of them retired and Jokic will be 4)
Top 6 in Player Efficiency Rating (4 of them retired and Jokic will be 5)
Top 5 in Offensive Win Shares (Jokic/Issel/English/Thompson)
Top 6 in Overall Win Shares (those 5 plus Beck, whose number is also retired)

This slid into juelzing but everybody consistently ahead of Melo in any of these has their numbers retired other than 135 games of Iverson's 25 PPG.
With 4 All-NBAs and 3 All-Star games.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I understand Melo's point but I find it hard to believe considering that Jokic himself made it known that growing up Melo was his favorite player and the reason why he came into the league wearing #15 but also due to jersey size issues in his native country.

Now it's possible considering that Jokic was a second-round pick, that the Nuggets organization did not envision Nikola becoming the player he's become today (none of us did, and anybody who says they did is lying) so him wearing #15 at the time probably didn't mean much or matter to the organization because their expectations of Jokic was probably low at the time for the first few seasons and didn't see him lasting long on the roster going forward.

I would say Melo's relationship with Denver is similar to LeBron's when he left Cleveland and everybody from the organization to the city had a lot of disdain for him but the difference is that Cleveland was louder and much more vulgar with their animosity (burning jersey, angry hate letters by the owner, etc) whereas Denver (fans and management) on the other hand have been much quieter but the feeling/reception is the same.

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But it does erase any allegiance or Give a fukk you can realistically expect from a team. Its not just about accomplishments (which again is one 1st rd win) its about your relationship with the team/city. This nikka left and never looked back but they supposed to go out of their way to show him respect...over a guy that actually wants to be there? Its one thing if he won a chip but you cant walk away like he did and expect a bunch of points (nikka didnt even win a scoring title there) to earn you...well...any points :heh:
You're talking about "the guy that wants to be there" as if he was involved in the trade or something and took his spot and number. He came 5 years later. And 15 was given out before him.

Most of the retired Denver jerseys have done the same in the postseason or less, so that's irrelevant. This isn't the Lakers.

Again, if the Nuggets decided to get rid of him you wouldn't be saying this. Show me the franchises the #3 scorer gets his number given out and let's see what type of franchises those are.

It was disrespectful to let his number be available.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're talking about "the guy that wants to be there" as if he was involved in the trade or something and took his spot and number. He came 5 years later. And 15 was given out before him.

Most of the retired Denver jerseys have done the same in the postseason or less, so that's irrelevant. This isn't the Lakers.

Again, if the Nuggets decided to get rid of him you wouldn't be saying
this. Show me the franchises the #3 scorer gets his number given out and let's see what type of franchises those are.

It was disrespectful to let his number be available.
I wouldnt care either way but at least he'd have a point. Did all the othet Nuggets that are retired force their way out? If they did then he has a legit gripe. Aside from that he can holler at his old teammate :camby:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wouldnt care either way but at least he'd have a point. Did all the othet Nuggets that are retired force their way out? If they did then he has a legit gripe. Aside from that he can holler at his old teammate :camby:
I think you would care because the accomplishments are the accomplishments.

Again, show me the teams where the #3 scorer had his number circulated. It was disrespectful.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I am not a huge fan of Melo's game but yeah this shyt was wild.

Denver fukking retired Fat Lever's number but they give #15 away a season after he leaves to Anthony Randolph? C'mon.
And Mutumbo for 5 seasons with 2 playoff berths :heh:

Brehs bugging caping for this.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you would care because the accomplishments are the accomplishments.

Again, show me the teams where the #3 scorer had his number circulated. It was disrespectful.
You didnt answer my question. What other teams do dont matter. Each team has there own prerogative. The Heat retired Jordans number. Pistons randomly retired 2 for a coach. There is no precedent here. You don't get to leave me and expect respect. Holy entitlement Batman :pachaha:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You didnt answer my question. What other teams do dont matter. Each team has there own prerogative. The Heat retired Jordans number. Pistons randomly retired 2 for a coach. There is no precedent here. You don't get to leave me and expect respect. Holy entitlement Batman :pachaha:
You didn't answer my question, which was presented first, either. Name the team that had their #3 scorer's jersey available. You don't get to do what you want with me as you please but get hot that I controlled my destiny. Holy entitlement Batman :pachaha:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You didn't answer my question, which was presented first, either. Name the team that had their #3 scorer's jersey available. You don't get to do what you want with me as you please but get hot that I controlled my destiny. Holy entitlement Batman :pachaha:
That has nothing to do with the Nuggets decision. They dont have to hold a number if they dont feel like it regardlessof what any othet team does. Now if the other guys THEY retired forced their way out then he has a point. You got that info?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That has nothing to do with the Nuggets decision. They dont have to hold a number if they dont feel like it regardlessof what any othet team does. Now if the other guys THEY retired forced their way out then he has a point. You got that info?
It has quite a bit to do with the Nuggets decision. Now again
You got that info?