Melo Believes The Denver Nuggets Gave Nikola Jokic The Jersey Number 15 To Erase His Accomplishments

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Melo was never going into a lockout without his extension. It was going to be the nets or knicks in a trade. Thats it
Why are you saying this? Not meant to be offensive. I really want to know why you said that in response to what I said.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

That’s the game breh, honestly he can’t get mad especially the way he left.. nikka wanted his bread and forever his way to NY when he could have just waited a season and bounced as a FA to Miami with Bron and Wade.. He would have 2-3 chips under his belt and his legacy in Denver would not have even mattered

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Why are you saying this? Not meant to be offensive. I really want to know why you said that in response to what I said.
If im remembering correctly, it wasnt about the lockout. He was able to get an extra year and more money per year if he signed a contract extension instead of a free agent deal with a new team. He didnt want to leave that on the table, so he spent that whole year trying to force the trade through instead of just signing there the next offseason.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The better question is

Would Jokic (with his squad) be able to beat the Lakers or Spurs in 2009 to be in the Finals and win a championship?
The 2009 WCF series went to 6 games with melo playing like ASS outside of game 1 so yeah they would win. They won game 4 by 19 points with him shooting 3-16

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Think taking a check from Elon Musk a known racist and being willing to sit next to that try-hard cornball Metro is doing more to tarnish his legacy than anything else.

Edit: wait the name of the account confused me. Is this show hosted on X? My bad if that's not the case. Metro still a cornball.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
And the nikka that chucked the deuces in the middle of a season AND expects the team to acknowledge him is right? What are we really doing here?
Him doing that doesn't erase his accomplishments in the uniform, because if the team chose to do it to him this discussion would have a different tone.

What are really doing here?

Again, it was disrespectful to let the number be available. I'm not moving off this.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If im remembering correctly, it wasnt about the lockout. He was able to get an extra year and more money per year if he signed a contract extension instead of a free agent deal with a new team. He didnt want to leave that on the table, so he spent that whole year trying to force the trade through instead of just signing there the next offseason.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The new cba removed the extra year on the extension. If he waited, he wouldnt get it. Thats why he wasnt going into the lockout without his contract and wouldve been a net

The last part of your post unless i misread the convo. Melo signing as a free agent was never a consideration