Melo Believes The Denver Nuggets Gave Nikola Jokic The Jersey Number 15 To Erase His Accomplishments

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
you guys are weird
the trade was way more benefical to denver. If he woulda left in free agency they would got nothing lol.

and yes, melo brought back denver from the dead. They went from like 17 wins to 40 plus wins in one season ( which was a record at the time) and made a regular playoff team in da West which was hard as fukk back then

He also brought em to their first conference finals ever and holds a lot of their records. Players have done less for teams and got their shyt retired...denver was dead in da water.

Not true, the nuggets made it to the wcf twice in 78 and 85. Carmelo did bring Denver back from the dead but he didn’t have the team accomplishments necessary to prevent 15 to be given out on top of his exit. Jokic will forever be 15, I think they retire Carmelo’s name or something but 15 is only going up in the rafters for one player and he has earned it

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Melo delusional, the generation won't remember him bc he didn't really win and ended up becoming a meme.

I fukk with him but this ain't it

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I understand Melo's point but I find it hard to believe considering that Jokic himself made it known that growing up Melo was his favorite player and the reason why he came into the league wearing #15 but also due to jersey size issues in his native country.

Now it's possible considering that Jokic was a second-round pick, that the Nuggets organization did not envision Nikola becoming the player he's become today (none of us did, and anybody who says they did is lying) so him wearing #15 at the time probably didn't mean much or matter to the organization because their expectations of Jokic was probably low at the time for the first few seasons and didn't see him lasting long on the roster going forward.

I would say Melo's relationship with Denver is similar to LeBron's when he left Cleveland and everybody from the organization to the city had a lot of disdain for him but the difference is that Cleveland was louder and much more vulgar with their animosity (burning jersey, angry hate letters by the owner, etc) whereas Denver (fans and management) on the other hand have been much quieter but the feeling/reception is the same.

Jokic said his favorite player growing up was T-Mac. I don’t think Denver cared if Jokic wanted 15, the way Melo and Denver spilt up left a bad taste in the franchise and fan bases mouth. If it was more like dame and the blazers everyone would have understood and gave him his flowers and says thanks for everything but that isn’t what happened. Now with Jokic doing what he has done their is nothing melo can say about legacy as Jokic is going to be a lifer and has developed championships.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people forget this, Jokic’s play forced Nurkic to ask for a trade after a good rookie year. No one saw Jokic coming, no one

I think Malone started both in couple of games at the same time during one point in Jokic's third year in the league before Jokic volunteered to come off the bench.