Making a $100,000 a year isn't as special as most make it seem on here.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I can only speak for myself, but 0 doors opened up for me once I got my CCNP Security, shyt didn't even matter. Matter fact the first thing they always ask is how far along are you in your CCIE Security. A lot of doors opened up when I got that.
Good lord do you work for the nsa friend because in l.a you can really eat well with that ccnp. Maybe friends trolled you because you are of african descent.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
3 or 4. That would give me an extra 80-100k a year (in today's dollars) once paid off. I'll also have two other rentals (non-vacation) by then as well, plus whatever house I'm living in at the time. With luck I'd never have to dip into my 401(k) or IRA ever during retirement, and can just pass all that onto my kids.

How much would the properties you looking to buy cost? I was looking into getting some rental property, but even with 8 units, I doubt it'd bring me in $4-5000/mo in profit. After taxes, mortgage, insurance, and having someone on call to maintain the properties, I figured I'd only have like 2-3k/mo in income if I'm lucky.

Also do you have any properties you own right now?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Good lord do you work for the nsa friend because in l.a you can really eat well with that ccnp. Maybe friends trolled you because you are of african descent.

Naw, I'm in Atanta. I think it had more to do with the level I'm at in my career. I've been getting hit up for the last 12 months for a gig with AT&T, but they require a CCIE Security. When you're working on projects where you're configuring/deploying peering routers for example, they want to make sure you're the best of the best because you can fukk around and literally break the internet.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Naw, I'm in Atanta. I think it had more to do with the level I'm at in my career. I've been getting hit up for the last 12 months for a gig with AT&T, but they require a CCIE Security. When you're working on projects where you're configuring/deploying peering routers for example, they want to make sure you're the best of the best because you can fukk around and literally break the internet.
How long did it take you to prepare for that ccie. Did you have to fly to another state to take the test?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much would the properties you looking to buy cost? I was looking into getting some rental property, but even with 8 units, I doubt it'd bring me in $4-5000/mo in profit. After taxes, mortgage, insurance, and having someone on call to maintain the properties, I figured I'd only have like 2-3k/mo in income if I'm lucky.

Also do you have any properties you own right now?

I was looking at something like this...

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2020-BROADWAY-E-_UNIT_1-SEATTLE-WA-98102/83981864/detail

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2905-FRANKLIN-AVE-E-SEATTLE-WA-98102/84670127/detail

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2960-EASTLAKE-AVE-E-_UNIT_205-SEATTLE-WA-98102/81006142/detail

Not too big, great (touristy) area. Something like that would easily get you $150 a night on vrbo.com. $150/nt * (lets say it's vacant half the time) 15 nights a month * 12 months a year = $27,000/year before costs. You're right though initially there wouldn't be much profit, if any. Most of that would go towards paying down the mortgage early, but once it's paid off??? :gladbron:

Right now I only have one rental property here in AZ. I clear like $300 a month profit, but I just put it all towards paying down the mortgage.

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
:whoa: i aint in IT my nikka im in Finance right now..but im thinkin about getting over to Banking or Underwriting

maybe i should look into it though :ehh:...its all bout this bread like you say tho

i just respect older nikkas out here on they job...doin what they supposed to do :salute:

I'm doing Economics at the moment, trying to see where to enter.. Financial Advising :lawd:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I was looking at something like this...

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2020-BROADWAY-E-_UNIT_1-SEATTLE-WA-98102/83981864/detail

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2905-FRANKLIN-AVE-E-SEATTLE-WA-98102/84670127/detail

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2960-EASTLAKE-AVE-E-_UNIT_205-SEATTLE-WA-98102/81006142/detail

Not too big, great (touristy) area. Something like that would easily get you $150 a night on vrbo.com. $150/nt * (lets say it's vacant half the time) 15 nights a month * 12 months a year = $27,000/year before costs. You're right though initially there wouldn't be much profit, if any. Most of that would go towards paying down the mortgage early, but once it's paid off??? :gladbron:

Right now I only have one rental property here in AZ. I clear like $300 a month profit, but I just put it all towards paying down the mortgage.

how the hell are houses so cheap there :whoo:

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
#TheColi where winners are raised brehh... UK economy better not fukk up before I'm done.. Bank account gotta look like forests :blessed:

im thinking about going over to Purchasing, Refi's have been going down the last couple months

i gotta African homeboy just joined the purchase team....we went out like a month ago to celebrate....nikka spend like 2k just that night :wow: had hoes,bottles,a suite,we was foolin :jawalrus:

its out here bro real talk...just gotta stay focused and stack ya money

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
im thinking about going over to Purchasing, Refi's have been going down the last couple months

i gotta African homeboy just joined the purchase team....we went out like a month ago to celebrate....nikka spend like 2k just that night :wow: had hoes,bottles,a suite,we was foolin :jawalrus:

its out here bro real talk...just gotta stay focused and stack ya money
:ohhh::wow:

I need that life brehh... :takedat: