Making a $100,000 a year isn't as special as most make it seem on here.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
How long did it take you to prepare for that ccie. Did you have to fly to another state to take the test?

I never took it. I stopped studying for it around May/June of this year and started working on my company. If I would have kept at it I probably would be sitting for the CCIE Sec lab right now, take a month off, then go for the CCIE R&S in Nov/Dec.

My new company should be launching on October 1, so that's where all my time/energy/effort is going now. I'm still gonna go for it though, been a dream of mine to have the CCIE since I could remember.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I was looking at something like this...

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2020-BROADWAY-E-_UNIT_1-SEATTLE-WA-98102/83981864/detail

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2905-FRANKLIN-AVE-E-SEATTLE-WA-98102/84670127/detail

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2960-EASTLAKE-AVE-E-_UNIT_205-SEATTLE-WA-98102/81006142/detail

Not too big, great (touristy) area. Something like that would easily get you $150 a night on vrbo.com. $150/nt * (lets say it's vacant half the time) 15 nights a month * 12 months a year = $27,000/year before costs. You're right though initially there wouldn't be much profit, if any. Most of that would go towards paying down the mortgage early, but once it's paid off??? :gladbron:

Right now I only have one rental property here in AZ. I clear like $300 a month profit, but I just put it all towards paying down the mortgage.

Oh ok, you have the same plan I have. My goal is to get a couple quadroplexes in Atlanta. My girl has her condo and once we get married, that'll be another one. Assuming everything goes according to schedule, I wanna have like 1 or 2 income properties this time next year.

Last edited:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I never took it. I stopped studying for it around May/June of this year and started working on my company. If I would have kept at it I probably would be sitting for the CCIE Sec lab right now, take a month off, then go for the CCIE R&S in Nov/Dec.

My new company should be launching on October 1, so that's where all my time/energy/effort is going now. I'm still gonna go for it though, been a dream of mine to have the CCIE since I could remember.
Do you have to retake those exams after a certain amount of time, the ccie.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Do you have to retake those exams after a certain amount of time, the ccie.

Yeah you have to recertify. You don't have to take the lab though, just the written. Once every 3 years. CISSP is different though. You don't have to recertify, but you have to earn CPE (continuing professional education) credits and pay your dues. I think you need 120 hours every 3 years. I don't even worry about CPE's. I damn near had 500 CPE credits in the first 6 months.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I was looking at something like this...

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2020-BROADWAY-E-_UNIT_1-SEATTLE-WA-98102/83981864/detail

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2905-FRANKLIN-AVE-E-SEATTLE-WA-98102/84670127/detail

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2960-EASTLAKE-AVE-E-_UNIT_205-SEATTLE-WA-98102/81006142/detail

Not too big, great (touristy) area. Something like that would easily get you $150 a night on vrbo.com. $150/nt * (lets say it's vacant half the time) 15 nights a month * 12 months a year = $27,000/year before costs. You're right though initially there wouldn't be much profit, if any. Most of that would go towards paying down the mortgage early, but once it's paid off??? :gladbron:

Right now I only have one rental property here in AZ. I clear like $300 a month profit, but I just put it all towards paying down the mortgage.

Have you done a lot of research into owning income properties breh? When I was getting ready to dip my toe in the water, every one kept telling me a bank would want at least 25% down on income property. Plus they want to make sure you have about 6-8 months of mortgage money saved in case the house is vacant. That's 90k you'd have to have in the bank before you even buy the house. It would take you 6.5 years just to break even on your initial investment if you're making 27k/yr before mortage.

I've never bought one before, so this is based on what I've been reading while looking into it. I need to ask my home boy cause he's been caking off investment properties since I met him. But he got that long money though :to:

mrallgood

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
VA

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I live in Manhattan. $100,000 isn't shyt.

only 6% of americans make 100k and more, hell 19% less than 1/5 households in america make over 100k

for the majority of americans you will have better odds at getting cancer or dying from a heart attack than you will at making 100k

so yes it is sh*t, of course if you make 100k plus living anywhere it may be nothing to you

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you done a lot of research into owning income properties breh? When I was getting ready to dip my toe in the water, every one kept telling me a bank would want at least 25% down on income property. Plus they want to make sure you have about 6-8 months of mortgage money saved in case the house is vacant. That's 90k you'd have to have in the bank before you even buy the house. It would take you 6.5 years just to break even on your initial investment if you're making 27k/yr before mortage.

I've never bought one before, so this is based on what I've been reading while looking into it. I need to ask my home boy cause he's been caking off investment properties since I met him. But he got that long money though :to:

I haven't actually. This is not good news. But my plan was to buy it as an owner-occupied, then spend a few months getting it all situated before buying the next one, and converting the first one to an investment home. So it'd be an ongoing game of leapfrog with those FHA loans which only require 3.5% down. Hopefully the banks wouldn't care too much cause I don't feel like allocating 90k per house to this. :laugh: