Florida condo owners face unretiring or selling homes after being hit with $100,000 in special assessment

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Didn’t read but from that building collapse story, they found out all these condo management groups kept getting regular repairs voted down by the residents. Now the government had to step in and everything is coming due all at once.

Another libertarian dream turns into a nightmare

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
who the hell should the expense be on?

the people who own the units effectively own the building, so they are exactly who should be paying for major repairs.
I misspoke. It's tough.

They have to enforce updated measures at the behest of insurance companies for public safety.

The same people/families who don't want to spend money to update the building will be the same people sueing the city when they get pancaked saying why didn't the city enforce new standards. Saying they would have spent the money if they knew their life was on the line :rolleyes:

It's a lose lose.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
First thing I would do is call for a structural audit of the building, then raise an open tender to construction firms to go for the lowest cost options.

As HOAs are technically legal entities, would then get a loan for the cost of the maintenance and repairs, with a long repayment period. It would increase the monthly HOA dues without forcing owners to fork out a lot of money up front.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
This that fu k around and find out......all the embezzling and let it slide done took a shark bite out they asses........they was willing to let shyt just rot away until being held accountable.......now they just pass it along no skin off they dikk.......ooooh but the people they was supposed to be working is fukked......hard.......dry......then again.......fukk florida.......they had it coming

Braman

Superstar
Daps
you sound like an rambling idiot

eric-bischoff-wow.gif

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
I don't believe this. They just wanted to save a buck by passing the buck.

You got me. I don't. Care to explain it?
No because if you are too stupid to comprehend what's already been posted by numerous posters in this thread to realize on your own why your original post was idiotic then I'm not wasting another second of my time on you. :childplease:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Wonder how many DeSantis and Trump Voters are in these Condos?

:lolbron:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
First thing I would do is call for a structural audit of the building, then raise an open tender to construction firms to go for the lowest cost options.

As HOAs are technically legal entities, would then get a loan for the cost of the maintenance and repairs, with a long repayment period. It would increase the monthly HOA dues without forcing owners to fork out a lot of money up front.

Might work, but what if people wanna sell?. Usually a long term debt can't simply be transferred easily.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
:russ: most of these people had steller retirements and 401ks and voted against their interest and to spite the black people that were born and raised ther for generations. This what happens when your state have next to little infrastructure for your beach front condo :manny:

Yea, we’re fukked

Believe it or not, every issue is not a political one. My viewpoint has shyt to do with voting, or Desantis, or Florida, or CaCs, it’s a larger issue/discussion of corporations purposely squeezing out individuals, with a long term goal—-nationwide—-of having a complete monopoly on housing, a nation where everyone rents.

From condos to SFH from red states to blue. The building collapse was just the excuse they used in THIS case. In other cases its property taxes, in others it’s redlining, in others it’s bogus assessments, in business they wait for establishments to face crime so they can strip the liquor license and deebo the property

So that’s how MY brain works. I can’t speak for this low brow troll bait dapfishing shyt yall nggas do. :beli: