Making a $100,000 a year isn't as special as most make it seem on here.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I live in Manhattan. $100,000 isn't shyt.
I'm tempted to side with you, but let's be realistic man. Think about all these people who are finding ways to live in Manhattan with much less. It's certainly not rich by any means, but you can live very comfortably with that. Unless you're one of those people who see that amount and feel like they need that crib in the village with the 3k a month rent.

The thing about making six figures is that you can live very comfortably with that if you still live like you're making 50k. It's the unnecessary stuff that people do that throws them off.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
That's kind of hard to say - it depends on where you are at now. If there are no good jobs in your area then obviously you need to move.
Im down in SC, goin to start comm college in a few months

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I'm tempted to side with you, but let's be realistic man. Think about all these people who are finding ways to live in Manhattan with much less. It's certainly not rich by any means, but you can live very comfortably with that. Unless you're one of those people who see that amount and feel like they need that crib in the village with the 3k a month rent.

The thing about making six figures is that you can live very comfortably with that if you still live like you're making 50k. It's the unnecessary stuff that people do that throws them off.

:pachaha: I don't know man 3k / month rent doesn't get much real eatate wise these days even in the east village (forget about anything in the west village). And at 100k / year that's already what? 65 - 70% of your net income already gone before any other bills or expenses?

100k is indeed a lot of money but manhattan has a way of making you question that.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I wish I could surround myself with guys like you all, making great salaries

I work at a grocery store making $7.25/hr and all my friends are always trying to party every weekend, eat out, smoke, etc then they start complaining about how they can't save money, etc

I got a little something saved up, but I wish I had good people like you all to motivate me to do more

Breh, sometimes you gotta be the one to break out and ball. Take an afternoon, go some place e quiet, and ask yourself what is it you really want to do, and how can you make money doing it. After that, get on your grind and start hustling.

Make the coli proud breh :salute:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Where I live... you make 100K a year and you gravy. And don't let you have a spouse making decent money too. Up until recently my wife and I were making like 90K a year total (Just recently she got new job, now we make like 107K/year). We bought a house (2700 sq/ft), we have a daughter (600+/mo in child care), I have student loans, she has a new car, we travel 2-3 times a year, and we still have money to save and contribute to our 401K's.

We do have credit card debt that fluctuates depending on what we do in a year (we use the credit card for everything to get the reward points), but as of right now, our credit cards should be completely paid off by February/March, without using our refund, which will be larger this year since my wife worked a portion of the year in an extra room she used as her office. So we'll be able to write off a portion of the mortgage and utilities on our tax returns. Plus we'll get the extra boost from interest paid on the mortgage.

But I live in the suburbs of metro atlanta... so cost of living isn't high at all. If me or my wife made 100K, we probably wouldn't know what to do with all the extra money we have. Probably go ahead a pay off the car and make larger payments on the house to increase our monthly income again. Hell, If can finally start working from home at my job, we'll be able to eliminate child care completely. Now that she's in school, that'll be another 300+/month in our pockets.

100K is plenty... And I don't plan on moving either, until we can afford to sell/rent this house and get a larger one to better accomodate visiting friends and family members.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where I live... you make 100K a year and you gravy. And don't let you have a spouse making decent money too. Up until recently my wife and I were making like 90K a year total (Just recently she got new job, now we make like 107K/year). We bought a house (2700 sq/ft), we have a daughter (600+/mo in child care), I have student loans, she has a new car, we travel 2-3 times a year, and we still have money to save and contribute to our 401K's.

We do have credit card debt that fluctuates depending on what we do in a year (we use the credit card for everything to get the reward points), but as of right now, our credit cards should be completely paid off by February/March, without using our refund, which will be larger this year since my wife worked a portion of the year in an extra room she used as her office. So we'll be able to write off a portion of the mortgage and utilities on our tax returns. Plus we'll get the extra boost from interest paid on the mortgage.

But I live in the suburbs of metro atlanta... so cost of living isn't high at all. If me or my wife made 100K, we probably wouldn't know what to do with all the extra money we have. Probably go ahead a pay off the car and make larger payments on the house to increase our monthly income again. Hell, If can finally start working from home at my job, we'll be able to eliminate child care completely. Now that she's in school, that'll be another 300+/month in our pockets.

100K is plenty... And I don't plan on moving either, until we can afford to sell/rent this house and get a larger one to better accomodate visiting friends and family members.
Man, pay that debt off. The money you're putting towards debt, just stack in a savings account or mutual fund. if you or your wife gets sick or laid off, the last thing you want to worry about is a car or credit card payment. Not wishing for it to happen but it's good to be prepared. Plus student loans are worse loans to keep around, like less than 50% of your payment goest toward principal.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This thread and thread title is so silly.

Rich nikkas making poor decisions

Daps
Reppin
NYC
then don't complain about 100k not being enough

if you choose to live in a high cost of living city then live with it.....you could take that 100k and move to Atlanta and live like a king

.....noone is complaining. :what:

The point is that based on my location 100K isn't a lot. At no point was that a complaint, it was just an opinion.

Last edited:
Daps
People lie like rugs on the internet. I get that. I think we all get that.

What gets me is how many people think it's unfathomable for folks to be out here getting it. Change your circles brehs, realize your true potential. Especially you young ones...changing your mindset now will have the greatest effect when you're young.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Budget?

GrblJ.gif