I'm starting to agree with Phonzi about this music thing now.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Basically some people concluding that white racist rhetoric from 40's-60's that black music does in fact turn people into sex crazy, drug abusing, savages.

Despite the mountain of evidence on the contrary of how ridiculous that is.

I be wondering if I'm on Reddit or The Coli.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Basically some people concluding that white racist rhetoric from 40's-60's that black music does in fact turn people into sex crazy, drug abusing, savages.

Despite the mountain of evidence on the contrary of how ridiculous that is.
Nah, nobody saying that, man. This thread didn't turn into the ridiculousness the others usually do.
If scarf comes in here, it's gonna go to hell though:pachaha:Music is a wonderful thing, but where is the balance for our people? The negative shyt practically comes to you, while the upbeat stuff is more obscure. I'm not tripping over it though,cause as a closet Gucci fan, sometimes the beat just slaps and you gotta let go:wow:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
But the thing is, this is why people always want to check the authenticity of the artist. They want to know they live it.

Imagine a college graduate who never touched a brick in his life rapping about moving weight and fukking oodles of bit he's, when his ass could have been a mentor or social service worker or plumber or something positive? He is coming up off of tales of black youth's suffering! There is no mention of the bad that happens, only that this and that had to be done to get theirs. Music videos got women from places these young boys will never visit, and references to getting their through peddling poison. Why should that boy wNt to work a 9-5 when he can sell some nuggets and put food on his table.

But wait, most peeve dealing drugs make less than they would putting in the same amount of time flipping burgers. The rappers won't tell you that, only that they caught a lick, bought a foreign, fukked a foreign, and it only took them selling poison and ending a few peoples lives.

He won't articulate that while more money can be made working a real job, your neighborhood won't have those jobs due to racism and global economic forces. There is no education, no feel good message in the shyt.

Again, I am not condemning the music, but I find it wildly ridiculous that we can point to the toxic shyt that makes other cultures tick, but rap music has to be I this sacred cow. There has to come a point where we wonder why it became more profitable for blacks to make music talking about doing bad rather than good. No, it isn't all white people buying that shyt and attending shows,Plenty of blacks do as well. Positive artists just don't get the same support that the others get. Let's face facts. If some shyt is considered lame in the black community, it gets NO love no matter how good it would be.

It's all ways been like that. People speak on things that they have no personal ties to.

And you're assuming the kids, say my neighborhood are dumb. The majority of nikkas aren't doing anything breh.

And what you're saying is a microcosm of America. People support dumb shyt so why is black mediums only being singled out?

The majors took over rap in the 1980s.

Many labels have gotten outta Hip Hop because it has started to become unprofitable. That's why they're giving out shytty deals.

And the majority of rap consumers are white despite you not wanting to believe it.

Daps
Yall talk about rappers being liars/fakes but then criticize them for rapping on the life they actually live :hhhscust:

So what should change, you want these rappers to be all positive... but then that still wont be good enough for yall since then they'll be lying :hhhscust:

God you nikkas gotta get that slave mentality outta the system :hhhscust: 'oh no look at the music white folk listen to its so positive unlike ours, we gotta change it up so we look good to em' :mcgeescust:

Name the 'all time greats' in rap, were these nikkas dedicated to making that 'positive' happy clappy church music? :hhhscust: Rap been the exact same in terms of subject matter since it started, only difference is the quality of music has seen a significant dip :BShopScust:

We have to stop exposing ourselves :hhhscust: all the complaints about rap are like white folk complaining about video games influencing kids, just admit that the problem is shyt PARENTING :hhhscust:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm starting to think you guys watch fox news. :francis:
:mindblown:Wondering if the music we are surrounded by on the daily is negatively influencing the young is akin to white supremacist talking points???:mindblown:We couldn't possibly think to ourselves "hmmmm, when did music get this bad and how did Yung Blockburna teach me how to cook crack in less than 3 minutes?"

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's all ways been like that. People speak on things that they have no personal ties to.

And you're assuming the kids, say my neighborhood are dumb. The majority of nikkas aren't doing anything breh.

And what you're saying is a microcosm of America. People support dumb shyt so why is black mediums only being singled out?

The majors took over rap in the 1980s.

Many labels have gotten outta Hip Hop because it has started to become unprofitable. That's why they're giving out shytty deals.

And the majority of rap consumers are white despite you not wanting to believe it.
Breh, I mentioned they but it. But that's not the issue,I mentioned it a few times and this seems to constantly get overlooked: where is the balance? People can listen to what they want,but the negative shyt is on full display. With music being an art form that can teach and inspire, why is so much of our easily accessible music so mindless?

I mentioned earlier in the thread that music is clearly for white folks, cause instead of speaking on poverty in a conversational matter, it's usually in a real upbeat, Imma drop a body then make it rain type flow. I'm not assuming kids are dumb, but they are impressionable. They don't come out of the womb understanding how things became the way they are, and our role models can be pretty dubious.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
R&B/Hip Hop AirPlay: bytch Better Have My Money by Rihanna

Pop: Bad Blood- Taylor Swift
Rock: Renegades- X Ambassadors

Those are the top songs right now.

:beli::beli::beli:
i was actually gonna make a thread about this song and Chris Brown

I randomly heard it on a "white" station like 2 days ago. Notice how clean and pleasant the song is. No profanity or vulgar lyrics. Meanwhile on urban radio, chris brown is as vulgar as can be. These h0es aint loyal. I heard 1 song recently with Tyga where he says something like "i keep my b1tches on a leash". Ive made threads before on how these black artists pretty much spread poison to the black audience but will clean it up when it comes to white/pop radio

Example Usher

White radio:

Black radio:

Kanye

White radio:

Black radio:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Breh, I mentioned they but it. But that's not the issue,I mentioned it a few times and this seems to constantly get overlooked: where is the balance? People can listen to what they want,but the negative shyt is on full display. With music being an art form that can teach and inspire, why is so much of our easily accessible music so mindless?

I mentioned earlier in the thread that music is clearly for white folks, cause instead of speaking on poverty in a conversational matter, it's usually in a real upbeat, Imma drop a body then make it rain type flow. I'm not assuming kids are dumb, but they are impressionable. They don't come out of the womb understanding how things became the way they are, and our role models can be pretty dubious.

Agree but balance been gone since De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest.

That's why Tim Dog said fukk Compton.

Jeru the Damaja, Black Moon, etc weren't getting the props they deserved.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall talk about rappers being liars/fakes but then criticize them for rapping on the life they actually live :hhhscust:

So what should change, you want these rappers to be all positive... but then that still wont be good enough for yall since then they'll be lying :hhhscust:

God you nikkas gotta get that slave mentality outta the system :hhhscust: 'oh no look at the music white folk listen to its so positive unlike ours, we gotta change it up so we look good to em' :mcgeescust:

Name the 'all time greats' in rap, were these nikkas dedicated to making that 'positive' happy clappy church music? :hhhscust: Rap been the exact same in terms of subject matter since it started, only difference is the quality of music has seen a significant dip :BShopScust:

We have to stop exposing ourselves :hhhscust: all the complaints about rap are like white folk complaining about video games influencing kids, just admit that the problem is shyt PARENTING :hhhscust:
Breh, I had to highlight this because it's getting really irritating that no one can seem to critique rap music without being told we are thinking like white people or some shyt. Absolutely no one brought them up until you and a few defenders did! It ain't about the negativity in the music, it's more about why it far outweighs the good nowadays.

We focus on rap cause we are black. What we look like critiquing boy bands :dahell: shyt parenting is only part of the problem, while economic disparities are the other. If the parents and the system are failing you and the only escape is music that amps you up while talking about dropping bodies, we don't know how many young peeve were sorta given a push in that direction. No, it won't be many, but there is nothing wrong with at least quantifying what has taken place in our culture to make the content scrape so low to do numbers.

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Seems like some people are worried about what whites think of blacks.

When what we need to be worrying about is educational attainment rates, broken families, a staggering unemployment rates, long established gangs, drugs and guns, and underfunded schools.
Breh, we need to worry about everything. We losing out here and not just a little bit