I'm starting to agree with Phonzi about this music thing now.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:rudy:You try lifting to Chocolate Factory and TP2 for an entire workout then get back to me. I'm like a reformed alcoholic who only drinks in social settings now. It not ideal but it's better than boozing sun up to sun down. At least that's how I'm looking at it :manny:.
Sound like you need that monster in your life :myman:

When I put this, enter sandman, and "whoa" by black rob on my shyt:whew:Breh I was blasting reps.
Especially with monster I would do volume training and time my rests and reps with the breaks on he song. Go hard as fukk, rest maybe 10 seconds, go hard as fukk for 10 or so. After 10 minutes of that I was on swole everytime:noah:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Seems like some people are worried about what whites think of blacks.

When what we need to be worrying about is educational attainment rates, broken families, a staggering unemployment rates, long established gangs, drugs and guns, and underfunded schools.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
I tried to delete all my demonic musics but that lasted all of 2 workouts. Chocolate Factory was not cutting it. I could barely get through my warmup sets. Ended up having to negotiate with my inner self.
Like "look I know this is detrimental but how bout I meet you halfway. I'll drop Keef and Louie if you just let me hang on to Gates and Nipsey :sadcam:."
I let go of 56 Nights too, as a show of sacrifice, so I feel like Black Jesus is gonna let me make it.

Dirty Sprite 2 and that new Meek got the kid through a nearly 2 hr workout Friday. :banderas:

need to stop being hypocritical and put that shyt down, though.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like some people are worried about what whites think of blacks.

When what we need to be worrying about is educational attainment rates, broken families, a staggering unemployment rates, long established gangs, drugs and guns, and underfunded schools.
You missing the entire message. It isn't about what whites think, it's about what the youth gravitate toward, what they relate to and who they idolize. I grew up to be a decent person in spite of a ton of negative influences and circumstances,but we can't gamble with the shorties because it worked for us.

This isn't a conversation about white people, Breh. Never was.

Last edited:
Daps
I listen 2 it cuz I like it but it depends.
Nipsey gates Q Jay Rock Future minus DS2 get play
Drill artist & them closely related categories don't simply cuz that shyt suc

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You missing the entire message. It isn't about what whites think, it's about what the youth gravitate toward, what they relate to and who they idolize. I grew up to be a decent person in spite of a ton of negative influences and circumstances,but we can't gamble with e shorties because it worked for us.

This isn't a conversation about white people, Breh. Never was.

Here's the thing.

Those are the actual problems. Yes the music, tv shows, etc are trash but lets fix the real problems, like parenting.

It all starts at home. Socioeconomics, education, etc are the solutions to fixing them.

We're literally talking about the same 40-50 year old problems.

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:yeshrug:I haven't fukked with rap and RnB for years for this very reason. shyts trash and doesn't make me really feel any sort of way positive. All my hip hop comes from mid 90s or earlier, and pop or punk rock fills the void. Our music in the mainstream is trash.

By the way, I was shocked a while back with how explicit the drug references that gets played on terrestrial radio can be. Like really?:dahell:This shyt ain't for black folks. That's them white 20 something's obviously, cause when I think of drugs, I think of how it took some of my friends and has people afraid to walk down their own blocks. fukk that music.
The music is definitely overwhelming violent and self destructive but to top it all off its not creative or skilled. If you're gonna be violent at least be Martin Scorsese

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
People underestimate the effects music has on people. Music consist of different tones, frequencies and vibrations, be warey of what you listen to. Music is a form of hypnosis. A lot of people aren't aware that, in order for one to listen, one must be placed in a TRANCE. Every sound/word/things etc that registers into your subconscious wouldn't have been possible if you weren't capable of listening. People really should look up the (original)definitions of words and the power behind them. All of that lays in the back of your subconscious and interfare with your regular activity, at times unnotice to them.

With rap music specifically, drum machines are mathematically perfect in comparison to a live drummer, which makes for great trance induction. Rap music is essentially post-hypnotic suggestion.

This doesn't mean listening to NWA automatically sends you on a shooting spree but the words definitely end up in your internal dialogue and most certainty influence your emotional baseline which is the most important aspect when you are trying to gauge what role it has on the listeners.

I'm not about to censor people or blame shyt on Hip Hop or even suggest that something is wrong...i'm of the mindset that everything is a process and see the bigger picture with this rap shyt and how it is being used and can be used in the future. While we have certainly had plenty of artists who were self aware enough to know that they have influence, it will be interesting to see a day when artists are actually consciously, purposely becoming adept at this form of mass hypnosis.

Last edited:

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix
I mean I think we all know that, though it has to be stated. This music does influence a lot of people. "Molly" wasn't a thing around where I am until "all gold everything" and that French Montana song. That isn't to say people couldn't have gotten into these things, but it's kinda past the point of saying art imitates life. When it comes to impressionable people who lack real mentors, the music isn't telling them to aspire to be anything that really helps society. Our television shows are similarly doing the same thing. It would be fine if there were balancing forces,but I remember being in a summer history class and one of our assignments was to analyze our lives with music. I used gangstarr's "skillz" and told a story about striving to not only be better than I am, but to be better than most in all life aspects. One dude in the class non-chalantly says "this mucous is garbage."

:dahell:Guru garbage? Dj fukking premier garbage? Meanwhile in the hallways between sessions he would be bumping foul shyt. Homie you and me come from the same worlds. I was in the hood. We don't have to listen to negative shyt all the time. This dude in an amazing high school right now getting his education, and still dressing like he on the block, and glorifying music that doesn't show half the creativity or talent of what I played that day. I get that the shyt can be hot, cause my ass was bumpin "3hunna" hard after it came out.
that's the point its extremely catchy you hear yourself humming ,or singing the demonic lyrics cause its that catchy. And this need for rappers to have 'street cred" is what eliminates the "its just entertainment" argument,because people clown studio gangsta. and are constantly trying to expose studio gansta. and big up rapper's who were "with the shyts. I know nikkas who talk about these rappers like they're role models and people to be idolized. and most these hit rappers that fizzle out are really young to be able to connect to the black youth.

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
What about song like jumper from third eye blind that are suicide prevention sounds? You think ppl didn't pull the trigger after hearing that?
I was gonna say something about Papa Roach having a chart topping suicide anthem but then I remembered that people will be like who the fukk was that.

:flabbynsick:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's the thing.

Those are the actual problems. Yes the music, tv shows, etc are trash but lets fix the real problems, like parenting.

It all starts at home. Socioeconomics, education, etc are the solutions to fixing them.

We're literally talking about the same 40-50 year old problems.
Breh, but we ain't in here trying to make the music out to be the boogieman. However, it would be negligent to not realize in a world where inner city youth need a soundtrack to their lives, as we all have, it's nothing but flagrant negativity. Nothing about the music inspires hope. At one point the joints were telling stories about the hood, now they have become stories as a means to get out of the hood.

If you look for an interview with Fredo Santana, there was one where immediately after the clique popped off, he mentioned how he wanted to help the youth and be the next mlk and whatnot. Real shyt. Then you think about his song where he mentioned that "his lil n****s with the shyts will lay you down." Meanwhile he is making mony and can better take care of himself and family, but the black youths who don't have a pot to piss in are only being fed that in order to get what you need out of life, you gotta be ready to shoot another brotha down.

Again, hip hop isn't the problem, but it isn't the therapy some people wanna make it out to be. They out here making money by virtue of rapping about genocide. No moral to the story, no lesson, simply that you are a target. No rhyme or reason other than we live on different blocks. Adults are teaching this shyt to young'ns not only through actions in the hood, but also in the music that would otherwise be an escape from the bullshyt.

Last edited: