I'm starting to agree with Phonzi about this music thing now.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
People underestimate the effects music has on people. Music consist of different tones, frequencies and vibrations, be warey of what you listen to. Music is a form of hypnosis. A lot of people aren't aware that, in order for one to listen, one must be placed in a TRANCE. Every sound/word/things etc that registers into your subconscious wouldn't have been possible if you weren't capable of listening. People really should look up the (original)definitions of words and the power behind them. All of that lays in the back of your subconscious and interfare with your regular activity, at times unnotice to them.
i wish we could have a serious discussion on THIS. Thats what i say alot too. About how we underestimate the power of music PERIOD. Music can have an affect on our emotions,which can affect our thoughts, which can ultimately affect our actions. The power of music is REAL.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Seems like some people are worried about what whites think of blacks.

When what we need to be worrying about is educational attainment rates, broken families, a staggering unemployment rates, long established gangs, drugs and guns, and underfunded schools.
But this culture affects the way we think about OURSELVES. Damn white people. These cats are rapping about killing OTHER BLACK PEOPLE.:dead: Their teaching impressionable minds that OTHER BLACK PEOPLE are the enemy. Their teaching young, impressionable minds that joining long established gangs, drugs and guns are "cool":dead:

tumblr_mvlbj0SlNc1s00awfo1_500.gif

59baf253fb14e27a179b6ec854ec986d.1000x563x1.jpg

chiefkeef.png

tumblr_mmilol3jkB1snje0bo1_r2_500.gif

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
So are you saying the music pushed to black youth is not more negative? :usure:

I'm gonna try and not be a condescending fukk for once.

But you realize that in 2015 black youth, among others have access to music that just doesn't come on the radio right? Soundcloud, spotify, Pandora, bandcamp and this thing called Youtube has a plethora of music ranging from classics to contemporary that is easily reachable and accessible for everyone with a iq above 4.

And not more negative is purely subjective, especially if you're not gonna understand the context in which an artist is coming from.

But hey, just keep essentially buying into a major white supremacist talking point that black people don't have the rationale or logic to decipher right from wrong or can't tell imaginary from factual.

If life wasn't toxic to some people, their creative output would clearly showcase that.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Anybody who doesn't agree with that is full of bullshyt anyway. How can you say Hip Hop isn't destructive but, at the same time not want to play it around your 7 year old neice or your grandmom :russ: If it wasn't destructive and profane, you wouldn't feel ashamed to play it or feel cautious to play it. Kids (13-18) are bombarded with negative images in the media. It's not a good look. The problems were always there in the hood before hip hop but, seeing these images, hearing this negativity day in and day out is NOT GOOD. At all. Same nikkas disagreeing will be quick to snatch the Rick Ross cd out their kids hands :francis: because they know we right deep down

Would you let a 7 year old kid watch bad boys 2, Blair witch, Kings of comedy? :usure:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think we have a whole generation of black kids who believe the image of the gangsta rapper is what a real black person is supposed to be.
Precisely. Our youth of today sees themselves mainly in 3 ways today: rapper, athlete and thug/dopeboy. They are bombarded with negative sounds and images of themselves constantly. compared to other races, the black youth's "circumference of awareness" is smaller. Meaning other cultures have more of a wide range of positive images of themselves to aspire to be. Alot of black youth LITERALLY cant imagine themselves off of the block because they've never seen a person of color doing anything outside of it.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
Precisely. Our youth of today sees themselves mainly in 3 ways today: rapper, athlete and thug/dopeboy.
This is very much true. You don't have enough Black men who want to pursue actual careers. After doing any work in a low-income Black community (something few Coli brehs do) you find out that too many young Black men don't aspire to be anything other than what you listed. I remember tutoring Math and most of the kids honestly weren't into it; I asked them what they wanted to be in the future and "basketball player" was one of the top answers. :francis: Obviously something needs to be done when that's the case.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This is very much true. You don't have enough Black men who want to pursue actual careers. After doing any work in a low-income Black community (something few Coli brehs do) you find out that too many young Black men don't aspire to be anything other than what you listed. I remember tutoring Math and most of the kids honestly weren't into it; I asked them what they wanted to be in the future and "basketball player" was one of the top answers. :francis: Obviously something needs to be done when that's the case.

"In order to control a group of people or destroy a group of people, you take over the minds' of its youth"

"What you do for yourself, what you do to yourself, and what you allow other people to do to you is based upon what you think about yourself. What you think about yourself is based upon what you've been taught about yourself, what you've been taught about yourself is based upon everything you've read, heard and seen about yourself. So when you CONTROL THE RADIUS OF A MANS' THOUGHTS, YOU CONTROL THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF HIS ACTIONS. The mind cant do what it doesnt know. So controlling peoples' access to information, CONTROLLING THEIR CIRCUMFERENCE OF AWARENESS is extremely important"