Chloe Bailey Says Her Music Is Categorized As R&B Because She’s Black

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
She's not lying and she's making a great point. If she was white, they wouldn't be calling her music no R&B.

It's racially motivated how the put both Hip-Hop and R&B on the same chart on Billboard.

To white people, a distinctively Black voice is automatically gonna be R&B even if the instrumental or content is not R&B.

Jason Derulo is an exception.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then they play in people's faces by dictating when it's time to make the black stations support the latest white boy or girl who is making black shyt. Tommy Richman has the #1 rap song in the country right now (until Not Like Us takes it back soon).
So they're allowed to cross over at will, meanwhile multiple county stations still haven't played the new Beyonce album. I'm not even mad at that btw! I'm just saying if they get to say no, we should get to say no too.
I agree for the most part. But we got a lot more agency than it seems. If we weren't feeling a white person's music they can't force it on our stations for long. White people can cross over because we let them for the most part. Most black people are feeling that Tommy Richman song, and that's fine.

Beyonce didn't fully cross over cause nobody was really feeling that music. It was mid. The people who were fans would never have checked for it if her name wasn't attached. :yeshrug: