I'm starting to agree with Phonzi about this music thing now.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't really fukk with rap anymore beside when im at the gym. As someone previously stated earlier much of current mainstream rap has very negative vibes to it. It just feels and sounds so void of soul and substance. It most disgusting is that it is catered towards young people but produced by adult males. We as a people have to seriously starting holding these so called artist accountable for the poison their promoting or it will continue

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
Can't lie. Since I've started to monitor the type of music I consume, I have a whole new outlook on life. As a black man, a lot me of that shyt is cancer to your subconscious. Stopped listening to the radio and had to delete most of the music off my phone. Unfortunately, I still listen to :demonic: shyt when I'm in the gym. Gates got the juice when it comes to workout music.

same here. i'm out here setting PR's to future, gucci, young scooter, lil reese, chief keef. nothing goes harder than trap in the gym, despite my moral opposition to the cultural impact it has on our people :ohlawd:

usually bumpin reggae otherwise, though... the GOAT black empowerment music :lawd:

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix
I know i might get flak for this but its :yeshrug:@PhonZhi is half right with this music ish. its not aim for the 20 and over crowd which is what the coli i think don't get. Its aimed at 18 an under crowd extremely young extremely impressionable black girls and boys. Just like when girls start dressing and talking like their favorite celeb or when boys try to play like their favorite ball player. you can influence the youth way more. young nikkas in my city drinking lean now cause they favorite rapper raps about it. they all wearing trus and robin jeans. there's more but its too early for my rant:mjlol:
what i said in a different topic. how spot on am i :sas2:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Maybe it's just me, but I find it odd when people say, "I don't fukk with ____ except when I'm ____."

....then you fukk with it. It's on your phone or MP3 player or stream playlist and you enjoy it.

"Chemotherapy? Lung cancer? I don't even smoke cigarettes except when I'm drinking, Doc. I don't understand smokers and how they poison themselves." :smh:

Daps
Reppin
Houston
same here. i'm out here setting PR's to future, gucci, young scooter, lil reese, chief keef. nothing goes harder than trap in the gym, despite my moral opposition to the cultural impact it has on our people :ohlawd:

usually bumpin reggae otherwise, though... the GOAT black empowerment music :lawd:
I tried to delete all my demonic musics but that lasted all of 2 workouts. Chocolate Factory was not cutting it. I could barely get through my warmup sets. Ended up having to negotiate with my inner self.
Like "look I know this is detrimental but how bout I meet you halfway. I'll drop Keef and Louie if you just let me hang on to Gates and Nipsey :sadcam:."
I let go of 56 Nights too, as a show of sacrifice, so I feel like Black Jesus is gonna let me make it.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what i said in a different topic. how spot on am i :sas2:
I mean I think we all know that, though it has to be stated. This music does influence a lot of people. "Molly" wasn't a thing around where I am until "all gold everything" and that French Montana song. That isn't to say people couldn't have gotten into these things, but it's kinda past the point of saying art imitates life. When it comes to impressionable people who lack real mentors, the music isn't telling them to aspire to be anything that really helps society. Our television shows are similarly doing the same thing. It would be fine if there were balancing forces,but I remember being in a summer history class and one of our assignments was to analyze our lives with music. I used gangstarr's "skillz" and told a story about striving to not only be better than I am, but to be better than most in all life aspects. One dude in the class non-chalantly says "this mucous is garbage."

:dahell:Guru garbage? Dj fukking premier garbage? Meanwhile in the hallways between sessions he would be bumping foul shyt. Homie you and me come from the same worlds. I was in the hood. We don't have to listen to negative shyt all the time. This dude in an amazing high school right now getting his education, and still dressing like he on the block, and glorifying music that doesn't show half the creativity or talent of what I played that day. I get that the shyt can be hot, cause my ass was bumpin "3hunna" hard after it came out.

Daps
Reppin
Houston
Maybe it's just me, but I find it odd when people say, "I don't fukk with ____ except when I'm ____."

....then you fukk with it. It's on your phone or MP3 player or stream playlist and you enjoy it.

"Chemotherapy? Lung cancer? I don't even smoke cigarettes except when I'm drinking, Doc. I don't understand smokers and how they poison themselves." :smh:
:rudy:You try lifting to Chocolate Factory and TP2 for an entire workout then get back to me. I'm like a reformed alcoholic who only drinks in social settings now. It not ideal but it's better than boozing sun up to sun down. At least that's how I'm looking at it :manny:.

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
People underestimate the effects music has on people. Music consist of different tones, frequencies and vibrations, be warey of what you listen to. Music is a form of hypnosis. A lot of people aren't aware that, in order for one to listen, one must be placed in a TRANCE. Every sound/word/things etc that registers into your subconscious wouldn't have been possible if you weren't capable of listening. People really should look up the (original)definitions of words and the power behind them. All of that lays in the back of your subconscious and interfare with your regular activity, at times unnotice to them.