I'm starting to agree with Phonzi about this music thing now.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agree but balance been gone since De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest.

That's why Tim Dog said fukk Compton.

Jeru the Damaja, Black Moon, etc weren't getting the props they deserved.
Exactly. I think we on the same page,im not bashing hip hop, cause that music is as much apart of me as my family to an extent. However, the people who make it a thoughtful artform don't ring bells, whereas reap queen for instance d a crazy amount of views on YouTube, in the range of successful white crossover hits.

I know the trash is kinda pushed harder cause it requires less investment for return and all that mess, but people actually like he music. Just strange how support for the good guys pretty much dropped, even for old heads. Of course I'm not saying anything profound, but there seems to be a blueprint of ignorance that gets you the money and tours and fan base. It kinda sucks.

Last edited:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
. When you turn to 'white' stations their music isn't about wasting money, disrespecting other white people or hurting each other but ours is.
The music on mainstream "white" radio is extremely pleasant and uplifting actually. These are some examples of uplifting songs that you'll NEVER hear on urban radio. Instead of uplifting, most of the music on urban radio promotes a backwards and destructive lifestyle.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
R&B/Hip Hop AirPlay: bytch Better Have My Money by Rihanna

Pop: Bad Blood- Taylor Swift
Rock: Renegades- X Ambassadors

Those are the top songs right now.

:beli::beli::beli:

At least Omi is number 1

funny thing is the song was released 2 years ago. Then a German DJ remixes it, and it blows up now

You dont hear it as much on urban radio as you do pop. Seriously.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:shaq2:This thread is about to jump the shark now. The people that wanna discuss hip hop and it's impact, dap it up, and move on are gonna be drowned out by people who go extra hard against hip hop, and the defenders who don't make any good points for it but sneak diss, essentially calling anyone who questions it a white supremacist or c00n.

Ya'll have fun.

Flash Thunderton

The 4th Migo
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Basically some people concluding that white racist rhetoric from 40's-60's that black music does in fact turn people into sex crazy, drug abusing, savages.

Despite the mountain of evidence on the contrary of how ridiculous that is.

So are you saying the music pushed to black youth is not more negative? :usure:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Anybody who doesn't agree with that is full of bullshyt anyway. How can you say Hip Hop isn't destructive but, at the same time not want to play it around your 7 year old neice or your grandmom :russ: If it wasn't destructive and profane, you wouldn't feel ashamed to play it or feel cautious to play it. Kids (13-18) are bombarded with negative images in the media. It's not a good look. The problems were always there in the hood before hip hop but, seeing these images, hearing this negativity day in and day out is NOT GOOD. At all. Same nikkas disagreeing will be quick to snatch the Rick Ross cd out their kids hands :francis: because they know we right deep down

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
I'm not going to let music motivate me to go murk anyone I just get tired of hearing the same shyt over and over again

I still fukk with Migos but I been mostly only listening to Old Outkast and Pastor Troy lately when it comes to hiphop

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Can't lie. Since I've started to monitor the type of music I consume, I have a whole new outlook on life. As a black man, a lot me of that shyt is cancer to your subconscious. Stopped listening to the radio and had to delete most of the music off my phone. Unfortunately, I still listen to :demonic: shyt when I'm in the gym. Gates got the juice when it comes to workout music.
"subconscious" is what its affecting. Something that you cant turn off. Our youth are hearing REPEATED messages about how other black people are the enemy. About how violence is the way to solve one's problems. About how promiscuity is ok. About how materialism is ok. About how the black woman are "h0es who aint loyal". Im telling yall, this CULTURE( its not just music per se) is affecting the entire mindset of an entire generation. I haven't read this thread past the 1st page but i already know that the usual trolls and paid agents like @HankHill & @Barnett114 are up in here :cape:'ing extra hard for black genocide music. The main defense is usually "bu bu but this was going on before rap":bryan:. Well, no shyt. But how can gang violence and drugs/guns that was INTENTIONALLY pumped into the neighborhoods be combated if these HIGHLY INFLUENTIAL rappers are making joining gangs,guns and drug usage seem "cool" to impressionable minds? Thats the thing, the young, impressionable kids with little to no guidance are the one's that are being affected the most by this mental poison. And THOSE are the one's being targeted to occupy a cell in the future and contribute to the Prison Industrial Complex (a HUGE money maker by the way)