I'm starting to agree with Phonzi about this music thing now.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Rap is crap and if you don't see that you're either too young, lost or naive. :manny:

Typical Rap song lyrics: bytches, bytches, bytches, hoes, nikka, nikka, nikka, bytches, kill, shoot nikkas.

Last edited:

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
I was gonna say something about Papa Roach having a chart topping suicide anthem but then I remembered that people will be like who the fukk was that.

fukk Papa Roach. The singer put on a blaccent and slang for the first album and when the nu metal wave started coming to an end, his ass was like :whoa: no more rapping. Now they're dressed like some 80s hair metal band.

The music on mainstream "white" radio is extremely pleasant and uplifting actually.

:patrice:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
:umad: yo some of you nikkas are flat out lying to yourselves there is positive gangster rap music out there don't front

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Not to sound like a Hipster-fakkit or anything, but the commercial music scene has been garbage for a while now. Can't tell you the last time I listened to the radio.

You gotta blame the generation though... go look up Youtube's most viewed videos and you'll see what I mean. :smh:

Even the "grown folks" radio station plays that thugged out music. I used to listen to my local station for all the R&B classics now it sounds just like the hip hop channel.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
whats your point exactly? The music on pop radio is OVERWHELMINGLY upbeat and pleasant compared to urban radio

That's a song from a mainstream band with a upbeat tempo yet the lyrics are dark in content. I listen to rock more than pop so Katy Perry or other pop artists don't really cross my radar on a daily.

A question I've always had is why do we as blacks let urban radio and BET determine what "black music" is? Whatever your opinion about the man is, urban radio has never fukked with Lenny Kravitz or a current artist like Gary Clark Jr. I don't see anyone teaching kids polyrhythms or how to play a guitar or any other instrument.

I know my Chicago brehs @Barnett114 and @At30wecashout have seen the bucket boys out on the streets playing for a few bucks. Imagine if someone taught them how to use that hustle with drumsets instead?

Edit:

The point made at 26 seconds is exactly what I'm saying. Keep in mind this documentary was made almost 10 years ago

Last edited:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
Here's the thing.

Those are the actual problems. Yes the music, tv shows, etc are trash but lets fix the real problems, like parenting.

It all starts at home. Socioeconomics, education, etc are the solutions to fixing them.

We're literally talking about the same 40-50 year old problems.
How do you expect a 20 year old guy to be a proper dad? How about when he has his first kid at 17? Now, lets go back even further when that new 17 year old dad, whose dad was 18 when he had him. Now what? I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying, its a pretty deep problem. Lots of kids today, don' t have a dad around. Its up to us as uncles, to step into that young boys life and make an impact, immediately.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Ok Nicki Minaj has stated numerous times over several songs that her ideal man is a drug dealer complete with the lifestyle that entails. This is a 30+ year old woman by the way. My question is are there any white female pop stars or country starlets singing about wanting to find a method dealer or cooker? Or even wanting to be with a corrupt corporate executive. Any songs about their dudes cooking the books like ours about cooking coke?

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
Seems like some people are worried about what whites think of blacks.

When what we need to be worrying about is educational attainment rates, broken families, a staggering unemployment rates, long established gangs, drugs and guns, and underfunded schools.

People are worried about the fact that little black kids are reciting and absorbing this music 'til it fills their subconscious. Many of them then go act out these lyrics and images by doing drugs, hyper-promiscuity, criminal behavior, etc.

Yea some of the problems you speak of were there before rap but you know what? Rap is exacerbating the problems.

#StayWoke Brehs