HBCUs experiencing lower Black Male enrollment.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Trade schools are picking up...:manny:
Facts

Students enrolled at North American Trade Schools (162371) in full-time Undergraduate programs are most commonly Black or African American Male (71.2%), followed by White Male (9.64%) and Black or African American Female (9.48%).

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I think that people simply don't expect Black boys to be good at school/

Not only was I tricked into going to college I was tricked into graduating high school.

I went to Wilson Senior High in DC I didn't graduate and I was encouraged to disenroll because I was 16 and technically still in the 9th grade.

I was going to go through the process of dropping out but I didn;t do it

I was told to go get my GED I was going to take the GED and technically I could do it but they didn't want it to be used as an alternative to going to school meaning that they wanted me to be over 18.

So this dude suggested that I go to an alternative high school instead when I asked him why would I go to High school went I could just get my GED in six months he said it would look better if I went to High school and I could finish High school in a ear through an accelerated class

I don't know how they did it but that school took a bunch of drop outs and some how motivated several of us to go to both day and nigh classes at the same time and summer school and summer night school * which I didn't know was a thing* My day Summer school teacher let if slip that a book report that I did was a college level book report.

When I asked him why would he give summer school students a College level assignment he said Because I knew you could do it.

They abruptly closed the school after I graduated, They closed the school so fast that when I transferred Colleges they requested my actual High School Diploma along with my High School Transcript. They ended up accepting my transcript but not the replica diploma that you get for walking across the stage.

I never got my actual Diploma till the Army made me get it for a Top secret security clearance.

I say all of this to say that there was an extreme full court press to get me into school.

All the people involved where super pro Black They considered it a mission.

Obviously they weren't doing it for me specifically but what they did was constantly point me in the right direction.

That's what's not happening for Black boys people standing in the gap to help point them in the right direction

I'm super Black Pilled anti feminist but I wouldn't say that there's a conspiracy to destroy Black Boys perpetuated by Black women the thing is the education system is not designed for boys. I was allowed to check out in the 3rd grade *where it normally starts* and they just didn't say anything. Because I'm Black I can't believe that those Black teachers or my moms was scared of me They just kind of neglected me and accepted my bullshyt excuses. No way I would''ve gotten away with that bullshyt had my father not spent all that time overseas * he did business overseas nothing illegal*

Girls are easier because they are better at following simple instructions and if they fail in school especially in the DC area you could still get a low level government job and make the right friends and blow up in the system.

For example this girl I knew became a supreme court Police she got mad at a supervisor at baked her an exlax cake that got the supervisor sick.

She wasn't fired.

Another chick I know became a PG County Cop, this chick was the most passive chick I know but she's a cop

Women are just low key given shyt. I avoided going into government for years then when I wanted to I couldn't get in because it was DC someone told them about those jobs and they applied for them.

My point is it's basically easier for girls to do the right thing and or be pointed in the right direction because they don't really question shyt like boys do.

Your story is your story...

But there is still a disconnect somewhere.

Girls do question things just like boys.

So what causes people of similar backgrounds from taking different paths.

Our (I say our because there are step parents involved) parents encouraged all the kids to finish HS and seek higher education beyond it. Yet still the boys faltered and it took 10+ to get back on track.

That's what needs to be studied. Your answer seems to imply that black boys need continuous daily direction and motivation and a school teacher that looks like them or caters to them. That may be possible in the DMV , but the majority of the country that's not gonna happen.

So what's the solution

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
Facts

Students enrolled at North American Trade Schools (162371) in full-time Undergraduate programs are most commonly Black or African American Male (71.2%), followed by White Male (9.64%) and Black or African American Female (9.48%).

It’s in Baltimore so of course it is 71% black men.

But what are the numbers in other parts of the country?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Your story is your story...

But there is still a disconnect somewhere.

Girls do question things just like boys.

So what causes people of similar backgrounds from taking different paths.

Our (I say our because there are step parents involved) parents encouraged all the kids to finish HS and seek higher education beyond it. Yet still the boys faltered and it took 10+ to get back on track.

That's what needs to be studied. Your answer seems to imply that black boys need continuous daily direction and motivation and a school teacher that looks like them or caters to them. That may be possible in the DMV , but the majority of the country that's not gonna happen.

So what's the solution
Yes this is what I'm saying. I guess if they lived in a mixed neighborhood a white teacher could help but you'd have to be invested.

For example when I went to middle school by the time I was in the 8th grade I stopped going to school so my science teacher literally sent dudes who knew where I was to go get me to bring me to class.

That was super illegal but when a kid literally said Ms. Simon said you need to come to class I went

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Facts

Keep in mind that depending on the program there;s no tuition assistance for trade school.

If you can it's better and certainly cheaper to learn on the job as an apprentice than going to school.

I used to work for the Navy and even if you were a master mechanic because it was government you had to learn it their way so again you were paid to learn rather than being charged money to learn.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
And that is correcting itself as well. Trades aren’t immune to over saturation. Just look at truck driving right now. It’s a mess.
Not to mention the boom and bust of construction work.

I'm not saying College is the answer in every situation and I do think that College should be a sort of elite training school but think that these soft ass momma raised boys want to get to work at 6 am work manditory overtime be laid off randomly want to do dirty and dangerous work in the heat cold or rain all to get curved by broads who think you're broke because you're a pipe welder

I was a QA so I didn't have to do shyt but I still had to be there when there was work to be done we worked 12 hour shifts for days straight. Because I worked for the government I got paid for days their was no work in the private sector I would've made more but wouldn't have gotten paid as much during the slow season.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Yes this is what I'm saying. I guess if they lived in a mixed neighborhood a white teacher could help but you'd have to be invested.

For example when I went to middle school by the time I was in the 8th grade I stopped going to school so my science teacher literally sent dudes who knew where I was to go get me to bring me to class.

That was super illegal but when a kid literally said Ms. Simon said you need to come to class I went

But why did you stop going to Middle school.

What made you think that was a good idea.

What were you doing instead of attending school?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
trades are fine but we need Black men represented in all avenues. No Black Men in Politics then we can't be shocked nobody doing anything for us. Black Women flood that shyt and make sure they do shyt for them selves and the few black men who do enter end up having to pander to black women and other groups as anything Black male focused will get push back.
nikkas are skipping college and going to Amazon not trades

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I dropped out of college cause I lacked the passion to succeed, and didn't know what to do.

Now I'm in tech making 6 figures.

I think my problem is I rushed to college without any concrete ganeplan and shyt too expensive for that.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
nikkas are skipping college and going to Amazon not trades

the issue at hand is too deep for the TLR and people are so conditioned that they can't even comprehend when you tell them the things they are have their mind to think as being normal is not normal what so ever.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
This is ABSOLUTELY what we need.

There's a lot of truth to this. K-12 education revolves around sitting quietly at your desk, following instructions, and studying for / passing tests. A lot of girls are just more naturally wired to conform to that than young boys are. There needs to be a transformation in how we teach (not to ignore that a lot of boys need better guidance at an early age so that they can adapt better to different environments too).

Yes. If they screw up they go to prison, if they don't screw up they leave somewhere to make money or find success. Hardly anyone with skills and choices stays to help the next generation and its an abandonment of the next generation. I think integration in a massive good on both a moral and a material level, but there has to be more men with choices who are willing to stay (or even relocate) and help the black boys who don't have choices (shout out to John Perkins and his 3 R's).
The prussian rote education system doesn;t work for boys Boys learn by doing and they get bored just sitting in class.

Give boys team building assignments and they'll figure it out.

For example I was told to make a geographical representation for class.

I decided to make a Volcano I had to find out how to make it with paper mache paint and food coloring. shyt took me a while to brain storm how to do it but I did it.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I dropped out of college cause I lacked the passion to succeed, and didn't know what to do.

Now I'm in tech making 6 figures.

I think my problem is I rushed to college without any concrete ganeplan and shyt too expensive for that.
what do you do and how did you learn how to do what you do?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
the issue at hand is too deep for the TLR and people are so conditioned that they can't even comprehend when you tell them the things they are have their mind to think as being normal is not normal what so ever.
We should try to have the conversation. There's young brehs reading this. Besides we can't always have some low vibrational bullshyt conversations about IG models or Coli daddies.

We also can just sit around and Blame Black women for everything.