HBCUs experiencing lower Black Male enrollment.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
good luck trying to get a program aimed at helping just black men with these black feminist :mjlol:
Call it the Help the youngin's and help the youngin's most in need of help especially in school.

I was in high school program for young single fathers * I'm not one* and the teacher was low key kicking Nation of God's and Earths knowledge.

The answer is figure out a way around the bullshyt.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
How would a mother do those things they can teach them about society but it’s two different worlds for a black man and a black woman which is why I think we see such a gap in how black women perform than black men.
The world is not too dissimilar for black women and black men.
Black mothers can center their children in blackness and explain the differences faced by both black women and black men.
This takes reflecting on the differences among black women and black men in a patriarchal society that gives black women greater access than their counterparts, and speaking this reflection to reach their sons like it does their daughters.
I don’t think we will see a growth until black men start to step up as fathers or even just as mentors to those young black men at times I think we blame women to much when in reality the reason we are so far behind is black men have been lacking it’s a tough thing to say or even admit because ofc it’s not all black men but there is a huge majority who are.
Black women and black men share equal fault but it ain't the same kind of fault.
I agree with you, but the reality is we got more black single mothers than we do black single fathers.
That is the target area because black boys are being raised in a home with single mothers.
Controlling how and who we, as men, reproduce with is as important if not more important for us because if moms start harboring negative emotions toward black men, guess who goin' to catch hell at home?
Overall I think we agree but I just think the blame should shift to the fathers. Also I appreciate you looking out for us young black men trying to give us wisdom we desperately need it from someone who looks like us as it hits in a way a woman can never imo reach us
Black men need to step up, the sooner we can mentor and interact with young black men and give them some good advice the better.
But if moms ain't havin' it, what can we do?

I think about this when thinkin' about having kids. We gotta move with intention with a woman that will support us building.
...we gotta be serious about building.

Peace.

timeless

All Star
Daps
How'd this thread turn into a BM vs BW thing? I was under the impression that BM typically go the trade route.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The knucklehead going to an HBCU sound good but for every 1 that makes it you got 5 who go to party and become distractions for others.

My point is folks should aim fkr the best school they can get into for the least cost. You have many state schools that are cheaper than HBCUs and 100x more competitive
I was one of the five. Had I gone to the school in Vermont that I was accepted to as a DEI student I would've been cooked.

Same thing before school some dudes get slumped or do a million years in the feds.

!@sonicboomofsouth said he had a major crime wave going and wasn't caiught. Since I almost caught a RICO a couple years before school I was low key done with the streets when I went to school but had I got involved and died or went to the bing that would've been on me.

Sometimes stupid people can't be helped an sometimes they can.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
breh it's a real problem, I don't know where all the boys are

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
The juice isn’t worth the squeeze if I could do it all over again I’d go to school but for accounting law medicine or tech that’s all my kids are allowed to do. If they want to do something else they can do that without school.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Single mothers.

Woman's broke and not prioritizing education for her son. Let his dumb ass run wild and not provide a role model for him while nurturing her daughter to be the yaaas queen

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I find it interesting that the demographics that lead the country in median income (Asians and Whites) are also the most educated, but in here among other black people, the overall sentiment seems to be anti-higher education. We are all aware black people en masse are near the bottom in terms of economic, educational, and health stratum.

Yet, educated people earn more and are in better health than uneducated people.

In other words—this, “I don’t really need to go to college” shyt isn’t working for black people.

The math ain’t mathing, as they say.

Last edited:

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried applying Howard and they didn’t reach out. I sent email after email, call after call. The website was full of women and women oriented stuff. Get in contact with them was impossible.

Come to A&T

suge-knigh-death-row.gif

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I find it interesting that the demographics that lead the country in median income (Asians and Whites) are also the most educated, but in here among other black people, the overall sentiment seems to be anti-higher education. We are all aware black people en masse are near the bottom in terms of economic, educational, and health stratum.

Yet, educated people earn more, and are in better health than uneducated people.

In other words—this, “I don’t really need to go to college” shyt isn’t working for black people.

The math ain’t mathing, as they say.
A lot of people's parents didn't read to them when they were kids. They never did math problems with them after school. They never put them in programs that will better them as a person. Those people grow up into ignorant adults who shyt on education because they never succeeded in their education growing up. They don't understand the foundations of math, they can't read or write, their comprehension skills are under developed.

A lot of folks parents failed them, and in turn they fail their kids.