HBCUs experiencing lower Black Male enrollment.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Come to A&T

suge-knigh-death-row.gif
Was thinking Morehouse instead. It’ll have to be online graduate degree

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
A lot of people's parents didn't read to them when they were kids. They never did math problems with them after school. They never put them in programs that will better them as a person. Those people grow up into ignorant adults who shyt on education because they never succeeded in their education growing up. They don't understand the foundations of math, they can't read or write, their comprehension skills are under developed.

A lot of folks parents failed them, and in turn they fail their kids.

Yes, and I hate when black people express anti-education sentiments—because it’s a Thomas Sewell argument. Essentially, he contends we broadly have poorer cultural habits than whites and Asians related to education and other things, so even in a more egalitarian society, they’d still be at the top and us at the bottom. I dislike that c00n a great deal. However, someone I do admire is/was Martin Delaney.

The first black man to be accepted into Harvard Medical School. I always have to return his work titled below, because he dropped sooooooooo many jewels…. in 1852! We literally have the playbook. shyt, we’ve had it for yearssssss. It’s right there but it’s not a get rich quick scheme, it’s not entertainment, and it will require some hard work.

THE CONDITION, ELEVATION, EMIGRATION, AND DESTINY OF THE COLORED PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES

“We will suppose a case for argument: In this city reside, two colored families, of three sons and three daughters each. At the head of each family, there is an old father and mother. The opportunities of these families, may or may not be the same for educational advantages—be that as it may, the children of the one go to school, and become qualified for the duties of life. One daughter becomes school-teacher, another a mantua-maker, and a third a fancy shop-keeper; while one son becomes a farmer, another a merchant, and a third a mechanic. All enter into business with fine prospects, marry respectably, and settle down in domestic comfort—while the six sons and daughters of the other family, grow up without educational and business qualifications, and the highest aim they have, is to apply to the sons and daughters of the first named family, to hire for domestics! Would there be an equality here between the children of these two families? Certainly not. This, then, is precisely the position of the colored people generally in the United States, compared with the whites. What is necessary to be done, in order to attain an equality, is to change the condition, and the person is at once changed. If, as before stated, a knowledge of all the various business enterprises, trades, professions, and sciences, is necessary for the elevation of the white, a knowledge of them also is necessary for the elevation of the colored man; and he cannot be elevated without them.” —Martin Delaney

Last edited:

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
A lot of people's parents didn't read to them when they were kids. They never did math problems with them after school. They never put them in programs that will better them as a person. Those people grow up into ignorant adults who shyt on education because they never succeeded in their education growing up. They don't understand the foundations of math, they can't read or write, their comprehension skills are under developed.

A lot of folks parents failed them, and in turn they fail their kids.

I think the question is, why is this type of barrier harder for Black boys to overcome and what are the actual stats on black men attending trade school.

I have 2 half brothers. Both didn't finish high school and ended up eventually getting GEDs. One just works and the other finally went to get his CDL. ...

However out of 4 girls , 2 have degrees, one is a chef with a diploma, and the 4th is going back to finish college.

We're all the products of a total of 4 parents. 3 have college degrees and one owns a 2nd hand clothing store. Middle class

So what in "our culture" is diverting the paths of black males to something other than post 2ndary education?

That's what we have to figure out. It will be devastating overall if the vast majority of Black men are left out of tech and law and medicine.

Boxchevy

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Not if single mothers are giving their daughters the game to outpace their sons.
Women have a community of women to rely on for support. Men don't, especially black men.
Black men do their sons a disservice leaving them to be raised by a woman scorned.
Black single mothers do their sons a disservice by not equipping them with the knowledge of how to successfully move through society.
A functional matriarchy is going to automatically empower the daughter over the son and the daughter has access to her mother, grandmother, aunt and other extended family members, male and female, in ways a son would not.

We can blame black men for not sticking around, but carrying a boy to eighteen and not giving him anything he can really use going forward while his sister is getting help behind the scenes is putting her ahead in the long run.

What ethnic or racial community do women lead in America that's winning right now?

And this is exactly why more black men need to be represented in these positions.
Black men can give black boys the same game that will advance them like black women are doing..but we all know the kind of 'game' that black men are passing on to black boys, and it's not a pretty picture..rubber meets road...

Boxchevy

Pro
Bushed
Daps
bytches that you're trying to date say that. Low key Auntie Black women go out of their way to help Black Men and boys truth be told.

Also institutions help you as an institution.
Black aunties are fading out..black men should be adjusting and evolving right now..the old model is outdated...

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I find it interesting that the demographics that lead the country in median income (Asians and Whites) are also the most educated, but in here among other black people, the overall sentiment seems to be anti-higher education. We are all aware black people en masse are near the bottom in terms of economic, educational, and health stratum.

Yet, educated people earn more, and are in better health than uneducated people.

In other words—this, “I don’t really need to go to college” shyt isn’t working for black people.

The math ain’t mathing, as they say.
1. I dont bother to engage with those people.

2. The most I can say about people who think higher ed is a scam, is that they had poor college and financial planning before they enrolled. They weren't aware of the practicality of majors and how they translated into jobs/careers or the economics of getting loans and their repayment. This can lead to a lot of individuals not getting an adequate job outside of college and being laden with tons of debt they cant pay off. In this case, college can be “a scam” as they didnt get any benefit from it. I feel this is where the stigma is coming from most of the time.

College isnt a scam but you should have the knowledge of what job fields are in demand and choose the majors accordingly. Its not a fukkfest. Also network and grow your social circle as well. Everyone I know who majored in Health, Engineering, Computer Science, Law, and Business aren't struggling at all. However I know psyche majors who are struggling :francis:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think the question is, why is this type of barrier harder for Black boys to overcome and what are the actual stats on black men attending trade school.

I have 2 half brothers. Both didn't finish high school and ended up eventually getting GEDs. One just works and the other finally went to get his CDL. ...

However out of 4 girls , 2 have degrees, one is a chef with a diploma, and the 4th is going back to finish college.

We're all the products of a total of 4 parents. 3 have college degrees and one owns a 2nd hand clothing store. Middle class

So what in "our culture" is diverting the paths of black males to something other than post 2ndary education?

That's what we have to figure out. It will be devastating overall if the vast majority of Black men are left out of tech and law and medicine.
I think that people simply don't expect Black boys to be good at school/

Not only was I tricked into going to college I was tricked into graduating high school.

I went to Wilson Senior High in DC I didn't graduate and I was encouraged to disenroll because I was 16 and technically still in the 9th grade.

I was going to go through the process of dropping out but I didn;t do it

I was told to go get my GED I was going to take the GED and technically I could do it but they didn't want it to be used as an alternative to going to school meaning that they wanted me to be over 18.

So this dude suggested that I go to an alternative high school instead when I asked him why would I go to High school went I could just get my GED in six months he said it would look better if I went to High school and I could finish High school in a ear through an accelerated class

I don't know how they did it but that school took a bunch of drop outs and some how motivated several of us to go to both day and nigh classes at the same time and summer school and summer night school * which I didn't know was a thing* My day Summer school teacher let if slip that a book report that I did was a college level book report.

When I asked him why would he give summer school students a College level assignment he said Because I knew you could do it.

They abruptly closed the school after I graduated, They closed the school so fast that when I transferred Colleges they requested my actual High School Diploma along with my High School Transcript. They ended up accepting my transcript but not the replica diploma that you get for walking across the stage.

I never got my actual Diploma till the Army made me get it for a Top secret security clearance.

I say all of this to say that there was an extreme full court press to get me into school.

All the people involved where super pro Black They considered it a mission.

Obviously they weren't doing it for me specifically but what they did was constantly point me in the right direction.

That's what's not happening for Black boys people standing in the gap to help point them in the right direction

I'm super Black Pilled anti feminist but I wouldn't say that there's a conspiracy to destroy Black Boys perpetuated by Black women the thing is the education system is not designed for boys. I was allowed to check out in the 3rd grade *where it normally starts* and they just didn't say anything. Because I'm Black I can't believe that those Black teachers or my moms was scared of me They just kind of neglected me and accepted my bullshyt excuses. No way I would''ve gotten away with that bullshyt had my father not spent all that time overseas * he did business overseas nothing illegal*

Girls are easier because they are better at following simple instructions and if they fail in school especially in the DC area you could still get a low level government job and make the right friends and blow up in the system.

For example this girl I knew became a supreme court Police she got mad at a supervisor at baked her an exlax cake that got the supervisor sick.

She wasn't fired.

Another chick I know became a PG County Cop, this chick was the most passive chick I know but she's a cop

Women are just low key given shyt. I avoided going into government for years then when I wanted to I couldn't get in because it was DC someone told them about those jobs and they applied for them.

My point is it's basically easier for girls to do the right thing and or be pointed in the right direction because they don't really question shyt like boys do.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Black men can give black boys the same game that will advance them like black women are doing..but we all know the kind of 'game' that black men are passing on to black boys, and it's not a pretty picture..rubber meets road...
well the average Black Man must be respected by the boy to take their advice and some random is kind of a random.

Usually Black Men attempt to put a bug in a Black boy's ear but if the Black boy doesn't know or trust him it goes into one ear and out of the other.

Usually it's not until much later that they remember what a Black Man was trying to tell them.

We need community in the hood there's a dearth of Young Black Men. I'm not talking about Teenagers or Adolescents I mean dudes that are say 30 or so, The 30 year old non criminal element is usually not in the same neighborhood that they grew up in.

When they talk about missing Black Men these are the Men they;re talking about Young Black Men tend to move away.

If I had to guess why I'd say it's for women, You know all the girls around your way and they know you good and bad go to the next town over and it's a clean slate with the ladies because you haven't been exposed to those who don't know you.

The problem is the boys don't know you either.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Entire first page is a wall of Coli nonsense.

"Black men shouldn't be going to college anyway"

"They should just get a trade"

"Black women are ignorant, Asians and Latinos are way smarter"

"Black people in politics are useless when I'm just going to vote for Trump anyway"

The lack of Black men in college has almost nothing to do with college specifically. It's an issue that has been growing for 40 years caused by an increasingly large girl-boy achievement gap at the K-12 level that is happening across all races, but is even worse among the Black community. Add in the fact that this generation struggles with long-term planning and commitment and the growing cost of college (the only part of the equation that the colleges have anything to do with), and it's a recipe for an increasingly large educational attainment gap that will only exacerbate the wealth gap and influence gap.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I’m not sure why’d you expect government administration to take an active involvement with black male enrollment in HBCUs unless you meant administration within the HBCUs solving the issue.

That makes sense they’d take issue with it, but to say the US government needs to control or actively involve themselves with it is ridiculously naive.

Sometimes I really think yall don’t understand how government works…

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I say all of this to say that there was an extreme full court press to get me into school.

All the people involved where super pro Black They considered it a mission.

Obviously they weren't doing it for me specifically but what they did was constantly point me in the right direction.

That's what's not happening for Black boys people standing in the gap to help point them in the right direction

This is ABSOLUTELY what we need.

I'm super Black Pilled anti feminist but I wouldn't say that there's a conspiracy to destroy Black Boys perpetuated by Black women the thing is the education system is not designed for boys. I was allowed to check out in the 3rd grade *where it normally starts* and they just didn't say anything. Because I'm Black I can't believe that those Black teachers or my moms was scared of me They just kind of neglected me and accepted my bullshyt excuses. No way I would''ve gotten away with that bullshyt had my father not spent all that time overseas * he did business overseas nothing illegal*

Girls are easier because they are better at following simple instructions

There's a lot of truth to this. K-12 education revolves around sitting quietly at your desk, following instructions, and studying for / passing tests. A lot of girls are just more naturally wired to conform to that than young boys are. There needs to be a transformation in how we teach (not to ignore that a lot of boys need better guidance at an early age so that they can adapt better to different environments too).

We need community in the hood there's a dearth of Young Black Men. I'm not talking about Teenagers or Adolescents I mean dudes that are say 30 or so, The 30 year old non criminal element is usually not in the same neighborhood that they grew up in.

When they talk about missing Black Men these are the Men they;re talking about Young Black Men tend to move away.

Yes. If they screw up they go to prison, if they don't screw up they leave somewhere to make money or find success. Hardly anyone with skills and choices stays to help the next generation and its an abandonment of the next generation. I think integration in a massive good on both a moral and a material level, but there has to be more men with choices who are willing to stay (or even relocate) and help the black boys who don't have choices (shout out to John Perkins and his 3 R's).