WHO WINS?

• Total voters

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I'm starting to question what your perception is. The situation for Gen Z is incredibly bleak compared to decades before. It doesn't matter if it's trending online or not, it's not a narrative created on Tiktok, it's an actual reflection of their reality. We're not talking about the metric we measure the economy with, we're talking about how Tiktokers are.

The lack of action on climate change and the effect that will have on the economy is not complicated. The lack of affordable housing is not complicated. Retirement becoming a foreign concept is not complicated. The rising cost of living and wages that have been stagnant for decades is not complicated. The awareness that a person could pay for college and raise a family off of one income just 50 years ago is not complicated. Give the kids more credit. Here are some trending Tiktok videos. How complicated do you think the average Tiktoker found the economic factors being talked about here?

The thing you seem to be concerned about is whether or not we should allow them to be aware of reality. Sure, some of these kids are oversimplifying, or over exaggerating, but they're not wrong. They're fukked. Gen Z is fukked, and the generation after them is even more fukked. If Biden wants Tiktokers to feel more secure with the economy he should be able to show them he can unfukk them.

The situation for Gen Z is going to be depend on their rough socioecnonomic status. How great did millennials have it? Climate change? All that is way over the top for convo I was ever interested in having via the article. How many of them are just creating content and trendy phrases for content? That's what Tok Tok is, that's what Tik Tok does. Your take seems to be it's all legit and it's all genuine and anything else is me championing the elite, that's not who I see the convo.

Allow them? This is where I just lose the convo thread. There's nothing to suggest that from my posts. The narrative that you are running with is like a combative binary stance, and I am not on the other end of it.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You say this:
All that is way over the top for convo I was ever interested in having via the article.
Yet create this which wasn't in the article:
How many of them are just creating content and trendy phrases for content? That's what Tok Tok is, that's what Tik Tok does.

I am starting to think you believe the economy isn't bad for young people. :dead:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You say this:

Yet create this which wasn't in the article:

I am starting to think you believe the economy isn't bad for young people. :dead:

I guess I didn't think there would be this binary reaction from anyone, like it's a really insulting article. Given my knowledge of social media and how it works, I was fascianted by the idea of people talking about vibe cession and quiet recession, in the same manner that they make videos about gossip, or fashion, or their day to day dramas. Like I thought this was really interesting, as it relates to human pyshcology and social media, the election, and campaigning.

At no time, am I interested in defending or attacking young people, or defending or attacking the Biden admin. Or debating the foundations of the economy, good or bad. That's just not where my mind ever was on this topic.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I guess I didn't think there would be this binary reaction from anyone, like it's a really insulting article
The article says the economy isn’t that bad and young people need to get off tiktok and you thought it wouldnt illicit a response?

Like I thought this was really interesting, as it relates to human pyshcology and social media, the election, and campaigning.

I keep asking, why did they choose this topic to make a point about social media brainwashing and who Is the actual audience for this article?

I want to give you the benefit of a doubt, but you keep on going in deeper lol.

At no time, am I interested in defending or attacking young people, or defending or attacking the Biden admin. Or debating the foundations of the economy, good or bad. That's just not where my mind ever was on this topic.
You shared it in a thread about the 2024 presidential election and the article writers has a different take on the economy versus those it’s criticizing.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I read it again, and it seems fairly even handed to me, still, I think it's laughable to suggest it's inflammatory, when they give space to both positions and fairly nuanced takes from both positions. To me, it's more you who is dug in and passionate on this issue. Like the NY Times is Breitbart now. it honestly isn't me. we can just leave it there.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush