WHO WINS?

• Total voters

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Because it was an off cycle state senator election. You realize the 2024 Presidential election and the first potential woman President is on a much bigger scale, right? Are you genuinely comparing the two or being obtuse?

And also. As popular as Taylor was in 2018, she’s exponentially more influential now. She was Time’s Person of the Year last year ffs. Show me when the Philip Bredesen endorsement got 11 million likes and 400k clicks to vote.gov and I’ll concede it’s reasonable to compare the two.
It was a US Senate election. Times person of the year is a vanity award that means nothing. You just want to believe it makes a big difference for your own mental health. Taylor has never shown that she is influential at doing anything but drawing attention to herself or her significant other.

2legit

Superstar
Daps
It was a US Senate election. Times person of the year is a vanity award that means nothing. You just want to believe it makes a big difference for your own mental health. Taylor has never shown that she is influential at doing anything but drawing attention to herself or her significant other.
Last time I checked, the last person who used their influence to draw attention to themselves made it to the White House. :yeshrug:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Voter registration is higher relative to where it was in 2020 at this time among key demographics Harris needs and that trend preceded any celebrity endorsement. It was based on non-famous people doing the work on the ground. Like I said, endorsements lead to greater traffic to voter org websites in the short term and that’s helpful - anything beyond that is unsupported and not where you should be spending your political efforts.

Her endorsement is just icing on the ground game/ turnout cake. there’s a group called Swifties for Harris that has raised nearly $200k so far, before Taylor actually endorsed. They host weekly zoom calls and organize, phone bank, etc. It’s political activism and outreach in a way that is digestible and accessible for young people. This is not insignificant.

This is not your standard Bruce Springsteen endorsement. Her fans are energized and passionate at levels that the washed MAGA cult wishes they were. It’s not a question of if Taylor’s endorsement brings net new Kamala voters, just quantifiably how many and which states have the highest concentration. I’m not sure on what planet you think a swath of new first time voters is a non-starter politically. Especially in a National election with potentially thin margins.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not dismissing and acting as if it’s going to make any inroads are two different things. We have an extensive track record of celebrity endorsements not making a difference. In 2016, Hillary was making n go references, and in 2024 - CR7 became the most followed person on multiple channels after like a week of creating an account. Those are two different timelines. People in general - through aliases or whatever else are following/liking shyt more on social media.

You’re conflating events that are literally a decade apart and confusing Gen Z’s greater willingness to display their politics on social media versus millennials as an indicator of celebrity endorses making a substantive difference. And realistically, this is just being politically lazy. It’s the equivalent of those people who put up a black box thinking they did something during BLM. Voter registration is higher relative to where it was in 2020 at this time among key demographics Harris needs and that trend preceded any celebrity endorsement. It was based on non-famous people doing the work on the ground. Like I said, endorsements lead to greater traffic to voter org websites in the short term and that’s helpful - anything beyond that is unsupported and not where you should be spending your political efforts.
I suppose you could break this down to the barest of bones and say would you rather have one of the most popular and well known people on the planet enthusiastically announce their support for you and ultimately lead to 400k+ people going to a voter registration site on the eve of early voting…or not

If you would, I would then guess this would at minimum being making an “inroad” even if it’s minuscule, in a race some of our brightest minds in here have continually reminded us will be determined by the slimmest of margins and therefore every effort should be made to outreach to as many demos as possible.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

is anyone besides Napoleon a DNC insider around here?

does anyone know why the fukk the Democrats refuse to EXPLICITLY call out Trump going into this election claiming "i win. or it's stolen"? what the fukk am i missing here?

because if they aren't scared to bring it up, or too stupid to call it out......they're planning on claiming it's stolen themselves, if kamala loses? :dead:

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Screenshot-2024-09-17-19-04-14-889-2.jpg

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Swift could probably do some damage if she did a campaign event in Glendale Arizona or something like that.
Nah, an event in Pennsylvania (Swift's home state) would be better.

She just posted a picture of her baking Biden cookies a month before the 2020 election. This is a full on endorsement, after a national debate, two months before the election, with a link to vote.gov that already got 400k clicks.

There's a difference between passive endorsements and actively campaigning. We'll see what the next two months look like but I am expecting Taylor to outright campaign for Kamala too, rumor has it her Florida shows in November may incorporate "get out the vote" messaging for Florida specifically.

KamalaHQ tik tok account is also all over the endorsement, stitching campaign videos with Taylor's music and getting a high volume of views/ likes/comments. There will be some conversion of voters - social media doesnt exist in a vacuum

This is a different election with a fresh candidate and is ripe for an influx of young (female) voters which Taylor's endorsement amplifies and energizes. Nobody is saying her endorsement outright decides the election but there's a net gain of new voters coming from it, I say that with certainly.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out on a national scale. Taylor is a global phenomena. She has REACH. any impact with Marsha Blackburn was capped at the state level and was a mid-term to boot. A national presidential election is an entirely different and new set of circumstances
Taylor did more than bake cookies lol. She did an interview with V Magazine and encouraged people to vote.

Her endorsement of Biden in 2020 got a lot of attention, but she has become even more famous in the last 4 years.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
:dead:

Trump: I don't think I've ever said this before. So we do these rallies. They're massive rallies. Everybody loves, everybody stays till the end. By the way, you know, when she said that, well, your rallies people leave. Honestly, nobody does. And if I saw them leaving, I'd say, and ladies and gentlemen make America great again and I'd get the hell out, ok? Because I don't want people leaving. But I do have to say so I give these long sometimes very complex sentences and paragraphs but they all come together. I do it a lot. I do it with raising cane. That story. I do it with the story on the catapults on the aircraft carriers. I do it with a lot of different stories. When I mentioned Doctor Hannibal Lecter. I'm using that as an example of people that are coming in from Silence of the Lambs. I use it. They say it's terrible. So they say so I'll give this long complex area for instance that I talked about a lot of different territory… You know, for a town hall, there's a lot of people but the fake news likes to say, the fake news likes to say, oh, he was rambling. No, no, that's not rambling. That's genius. When you can connect the dots. Now, now, Sarah, if you couldn't connect the dots, you got a problem. But every dot was connected and many stories were told in that little paragraph.