WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Can we factor into this that Trump legit wants to be a dictator and not ever give up power?

I feel like that’s kind of a big deal no?
Trump is a b*stardized mutation of neo-conservatism into neo-fascism. At least Neo-cons agree on the foundation of democracy, that’s why they’re supporting Kamala.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Can we factor into this that Trump legit wants to be a dictator and not ever give up power?

I feel like that’s kind of a big deal no?
The concentration of power into the executive branch was initiated under Bush.

Trump wants to be a dictator, but he may be able to do it because of what the Bush admin laid down after 9/11.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
The concentration of power into the executive branch was initiated under Bush.

Trump wants to be a dictator, but he may be able to do it because of what the Bush admin laid down after 9/11.
I'm glad this is pointed out. Did people expect other Republicans to say "okay, that's enough power. We're not going to reach for more :whoa:"

Obviously they will always chip for more and burn down the constitution if they have to.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
I'm glad this is pointed out. Did people expect other Republicans to say "okay, that's enough power. We're not going to reach for more :whoa:"

Obviously they will always chip for more and burn down the constitution if they have to.
Trump would have tried to become a dictator after 9/11, none of that beat around the bush interpretation

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

TBF to them tho, its not like Obama said "let me give some of that power back." :obama:

All of the psychopaths who want to become president want more power.

I think the Bush admin had Heritage Foundation help too.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think your issue is Trump didn't behave like a President. The people who are talking about Bush, are talking about the results---while not forgetting that Bush didn't act stately as well.

You're not wrong. But Trump's behavior is a cancer in American politics regardless. We are seeing election deniers at the county level. That wasn’t a thing until Trump polluted the country with conspiracy theories and enabled wackos because he can’t process losing. Nutjobs like MTG and Boebert in congress. Riots at the capital building for what was usually a ceremonial peaceful transfer of power.

His behavior matters... a lot.

Last edited:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
You’re saying Bush is worse because of the policies he passed however even you admit if Trump was President during the Bush years he’d do the same if not worse. If Bush was President during the Trump years I don’t think we would have the same outcomes. We definitely wouldn’t have the same irreparable brainwashed division we have now.
We're comparing their administrations. I'm talking about reality, not hypotheticals. Like yeah, if Obama was Chinese maybe he'd have governed differently :heh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I think your issue is Trump didn't behave like a President. The people who are talking about Bush, are talking about the results---while not forgetting that Bush didn't act stately as well.
I think Bush's stupidity was unmatched. Man had no business being president. Him And Cheney took the country on a irreversible path...

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The last bunch of pages in this thread demonstrates one of the worst things about Trump’s entire political existence. His presence and what he represents has helped launder Bush’s image. Pick your particular policy focus, domestic or foreign, and Bush is on the all time WOAT list. Pointing that out shouldn't be seen as a defense of Trump.

Why is there even a debate? Both of their administrations were uniquely awful for the country as a whole :francis:

We can make the global argument, but my post was about what happened domestically.

Again, Bush admin legalzied spying on American citizens. The Cointelpro FBI scheme we all are disgusted by, Bush Admin legalized that shyt, and are doing it for regular people. The housing collapse? Under Bush. Privatization of public schools? Bush. Out of control military spending? It went brazy under Bush.

A large part of his re-election campaign was a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

His administration brought in Alito and Roberts.

It be that could people can’t remember what happened before 2016, weren’t aware of what happened before 2016 or have zero political education, but Bush should be publicly executed for what he did. Trump wishes he could have accomplished half of what Bush did.

I think this is a big part of it. Aside from people just being politically ignorant in general, how many Americans were actually paying attention to politics like that in the early-mid 2000s so that they remember the shytty policies Bush’s administration gave us?