WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
I think John Yoo is a lunatic. I think Donald Rumsfeld is a lunatic. I think Karl Rove is a lunatic. The Bush Administration was chock full of lunatics. They definitively embraced anti-government bullshyt with their rapid expansion of executive authority under the banner of the Imperial Presidency and circumvention of Congressional powers and authority. But I agree that Trump has also embraced the lunatics and anti-government philosophy.

All anyone has to do is read this article. This is what a lot of people thought in real time. With the internet there’s no reason for anyone to revise history

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Go for it. You were a mod here. Not sure why you’re feigning surprise that folks come on here to argue about shyt they wouldn’t do in real life.

:manny:
The fact that you think that was my point is the problem in and of itself and why all the previous mods quit. But like I said, you guys got this shytshow you’ve created.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

All anyone has to do is read this article. This is what a lot of people thought in real time. With the internet there’s no reason for anyone to revise history
They won't read the article. Most of the people on here barely read anything except stuff with numbers. It's all sports. That's why every other post in here is about polls. There isn't a difference between polls and talking about home runs in baseball or points per game in basketball.

Bush admin legalized spying on American citizens, yet somehow a mob who ransacked the Capitol Building to take IG photos is worse. That doesn't absolve Trump, but the point is what did that shyt accomplish?

Last edited:

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
Damn polling is rough the last few days. 270 to win aggregate simulation, which had kamala as the favorite the last few weeks shows Trump as the favorite now.

These guys have as a reasonable a model as I've found so I find it pretty troubling. the fukk is going on??
Trump had a huge amount of votes in 2020, there are people who REALLY love him. It's just a matter of whether people who don't go out and vote.

People may not want to hear it but I do think it's gotten tighter since RFK dropped out. Same reason why a lot of dems want RFK on the ballot in states is the same reason they want Stein off the ballot.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Not true. Alex Jones hated George Bush. The Bush brand of republican you can disagree with politically but at least we agreed on the foundations of what is “true”. Trump brought a whole alternate reality into the mainstream and now the political parties can’t even agree on simple truths. Trumpism is literally cancer for America.
I don't see what Alex Jones hating George Bush has anything to do with this discussion.

You're kind of telling on yourself if you think at least you could agree on the foundations of what is "true" from the same people who brought you "Weapons of Mass Destruction". They literally lied their way into the War in Iraq, the biggest lie told this century. They made lying into an art form. Trump didn't invent the congressional gridlock that permeated the Obama era, what he brought was gaucheness. The political parties can't agree on simple truths because the entire basis for America's culture of political consensus and unity was the upward trajectory of the dominant political class - white workers. That was eviscerated by the post-Carter-Reagan economic consensus vis-a-vis globalism, and all the rancorous disputes and lack of comity you're seeing between the political elites is downstream of this broader cultural debilitation amongst the masses due to a politics of economic and social revanchism. It's typical dying empire shyt. Don't confuse the symptom for the disease.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
he political parties can't agree on simple truths because the entire basis for America's culture of political consensus and unity was the upward trajectory of the dominant political class - white workers. That was eviscerated by the post-Carter-Reagan economic consensus vis-a-vis globalism, and all the rancorous disputes and lack of comity you're seeing between the political elites is downstream of this broader cultural debilitation amongst the masses due to a politics of economic and social revanchism.
And guess when this ended... The Bush administration :russ:

2001-2008 was a transformative period in this country where Reagan's "final solution" basically came to a head.

The white worker lost so much shyt during that period and it was the moment they realized this game wasn't for them. So much of the nation's reaction is because that period was the end of middle-class white Americans earnestly believing in its exceptionalism due to losing their homes, etc. The 1% also decided to pull their money out of America with the government's help, and it led to a lot of angry people rising up and wanting changes, but one side wanted a change in our economics while the other went the MAGA/Christian-Fascist route.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
I don't see what Alex Jones hating George Bush has anything to do with this discussion.

You're kind of telling on yourself if you think at least you could agree on the foundations of what is "true" from the same people who brought you "Weapons of Mass Destruction". They literally lied their way into the War in Iraq, the biggest lie told this century. They made lying into an art form. Trump didn't invent the congressional gridlock that permeated the Obama era, what he brought was gaucheness. The political parties can't agree on simple truths because the entire basis for America's culture of political consensus and unity was the upward trajectory of the dominant political class - white workers. That was eviscerated by the post-Carter-Reagan economic consensus vis-a-vis globalism, and all the rancorous disputes and lack of comity you're seeing between the political elites is downstream of this broader cultural debilitation amongst the masses due to a politics of economic and social revanchism. It's typical dying empire shyt. Don't confuse the symptom for the disease.
Alex Jones types were treated as political untouchables before Trump. They were met with disdain and ignored but Trump made their lunacy mainstream.

You’re saying that the Republicans have been building towards a Trump like figure for decades. If Trump is the personification of what they’ve been working for then definitionally he has to be worse than Bush.

Bush lied about weapons of destruction for political means, lying to the public to achieve political goals is nothing new for America.

Trump was the first person to say the democrats were responsible for COVID, or it was a Democratic hoax. Some Trump supporters think Democrats worked with China to take down Trump in the 2020 election. Some Trump supporters think that the Democrats rigged the 2020 election with mail-in ballots. Trump has caused a probable incurable fissure between Democrats and MAGA republicans. The harm he’s done to this country is way worse than Bush long term.

Last edited:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it’s a matter of what you value more in terms of what you think was worse Trump or Bush and there isn’t a right or wrong answer

Progressives seem think more globally and who are the colonizers and who was colonized in terms of who we should worry about and protect more in terms of safety/well being

Where liberals or center left dems not that they don’t care about people in other countries but they worry about people in their own country first and how a Trump presidency affects them and their friends and family and how it also affects interactions with people they see on a daily basis which is why they despise Trump more

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Progressives seem think more globally and who are the colonizers and who was colonized in terms of who we should worry about and protect more in terms of safety/well being
We can make the global argument, but my post was about what happened domestically.

Again, Bush admin legalzied spying on American citizens. The Cointelpro FBI scheme we all are disgusted by, Bush Admin legalized that shyt, and are doing it for regular people. The housing collapse? Under Bush. Privatization of public schools? Bush. Out of control military spending? It went brazy under Bush.

A large part of his re-election campaign was a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

His administration brought in Alito and Roberts.

It be that could people can’t remember what happened before 2016, weren’t aware of what happened before 2016 or have zero political education, but Bush should be publicly executed for what he did. Trump wishes he could have accomplished half of what Bush did.