WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can only say the time period Trump was inaugurated into was low volatility if you had Brunch Blinkers on. The late Obama years were fukking ass. Black Lives Matter protests were a pretty constant factor with Alton Sterling and Philando Castille being murdered and police being killed in retaliation, the deadliest mass shooting in history occurred months before Trump was inaugurated and was superseded months after he took office, ISIS was committing terrorist attacks, transgender rights was becoming a big cultural and political issue...to say nothing of the underlying, constant din of the post-globalization hollowing out of the middle class and industrial base...this was not a country at peace.

Trump was a reaction to the underlying conditions of American life and politics. There's this false mythology being promoted by anti-Trumpers that before Trump came America was some kumbaya city on a shining hill where Republicans and Democrats may have had their little differences but at the end of the day they all wanted what's best for the country and were all on the same team. It's a complete fallacy designed to launder the evil perpetrated by many of the people who are now being normalized. If Trump never ran in 2016 all the nutcases who love him wouldn't magically be good and normal. Trump didn't create the negative energy, he just channelled and exploited it. All that conspiratorial paranoid pizzagate Q-Anon shyt is as American as apple pie. Trump didn't turn these people, they were always pieces of shyt. He just gave them a vessel.

And to say Bush was a victim of bad luck is fukking insane to me. He was definitely more competent and probably just as insane. He wasn't just horrible for the Middle East, he was godawful domestically. Worse than Trump by far.

But the fact that Trump brought these cretins out into the mainstream and validated these hateful bigots, conspiracy theorists, etc is a pretty big fukkin deal

They used to be in the confines of their own community or on some random forums now they are not only out in the open but some of them are politicans or successful podcasters and are accepted in the mainstream

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
But the fact that Trump brought these cretins out into the mainstream and validated these hateful bigots, conspiracy theorists, etc is a pretty big fukkin deal

They used to be in the confines of their own community or on some random forums now they are not only out in the open but some of them are politicans or successful podcasters and are accepted in the mainstream
I very much agree, he owns that. The mainstreaming of this particular brand of nasty freak. I just think the old guard Bush/Cheney Republican freaks were even worse, and in many ways birthed this Trump brand of freaks.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I am in fact nitpicking but I think policy or plan is a better word than issues

I imagine Kamala will be telling people to go to her website during the debate to see the full list, and issues has a negative connotation that I don’t think is good optics for a current VP

Not trying to be too particular here but there’s a good amount of research about how certain words evoke emotions and I’m surprised they went with Issues when other more favorable language could have been used

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
We already argued this hella times in this thread.

Trump is far worse than Bush. You can argue that Bush was corrupt and negligent but, he did not try to rip apart the country. At no point did Bush ever instruct people to storm the US Capitol. At no point did Bush tell people to not trust the government, the media or our elections. Bush assisted the Obama Administration when it was time to transfer power. Trump did everything he could to fukk up Biden's early days in office. Bush would have handled the Covid crisis better than Trump. Bush also is not a rapist and does not have 30+ felonies. Bush does not find his daughter sexually attractive. I don't remember Bush going on TV after multiple kids got mowed down and saying it was time to get over it. Trump is morally bankrupt in a way Bush never was.

Trump is worse domestically and is probably a more odious person on a personal level. He basically encourages white people to be their worst.

Bush, however, got way more people killed due to his BS war. Which is worse depends on your priorities.

I see this thread is still literally still people who want the Democratic candidate to win but have critiques of certain campaign tactics versus people who think Democrats can do no wrong and spin any critique as helping Trump.

The funny part is these same debates are happening internally with the Democratic campaign. I’m about to take a page from trumac and just be done with HL. shyt is annoying to read. I feel like I’ve been reading the same posts for 5 months.

Yeah, HL isn't what is used to be.

Even the mildest critique of a Dem tactic or policy and you're a Trump supporter/Hamas Supporter/contrarian/MAGA troll. Even if you've voted Dem your entire life and are advocating for them.

Daps
I see this thread is still literally still people who want the Democratic candidate to win but have critiques of certain campaign tactics versus people who think Democrats can do no wrong and spin any critique as helping Trump.

The funny part is these same debates are happening internally with the Democratic campaign. I’m about to take a page from trumac and just be done with HL. shyt is annoying to read. I feel like I’ve been reading the same posts for 5 months.
There is a very small % of bad faith posters that is used for cover for constant passive aggressive sniping between Progressives and Centrists. It feels like every post and topic is layered with agendes, prior beefs, and weird stanning fukkery and if you haven't been tuned in to every chapter of the HL Cinematic Universe then you dont really know whats going on
I am in fact nitpicking but I think policy or plan is a better word than issues

I imagine Kamala will be telling people to go to her website during the debate to see the full list, and issues has a negative connotation that I don’t think is good optics for a current VP

Not trying to be too particular here but there’s a good amount of research about how certain words evoke emotions and I’m surprised they went with Issues when other more favorable language could have been used
Agree with your observation but ai think thats why she went with the word issues. She knows Americans are fed up so it strikes a stronger cord through the negativity

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Texas and Florida are staying red, it's a pipe dream on them turning blue this cycle. Stuff would be shuffled around for them to come out on top.

Agree that they're staying red this cycle, but states don't turn Red/Blue overnight. It requires long term investment.

At the moment, Dems have an abundance of funding and enthusiasm. They can afford to pour some of that into making places more competitive in 2026-2028 and beyond. Especially at the local levels.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I very much agree, he owns that. The mainstreaming of this particular brand of nasty freak. I just think the old guard Bush/Cheney Republican freaks were even worse, and in many ways birthed this Trump brand of freaks.

Trump brand of freaks first went mainstream because of Sarah Palin. Bush/Cheney were terrible people but you have to at least give them credit for keeping the lunatics at arm's length and not embracing their anti-government bullshyt.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Maybe but the Trump freaks are more loud and obnoxious and in your face and worship this man

At least before Trump you could ignore talking politics now these people have made MAGA their whole identity

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Not true. Alex Jones hated George Bush. The Bush brand of republican you can disagree with politically but at least we agreed on the foundations of what is “true”. Trump brought a whole alternate reality into the mainstream and now the political parties can’t even agree on simple truths. Trumpism is literally cancer for America.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Not true. Alex Jones hated George Bush. The Bush brand of republican you can disagree with politically but at least we agreed on the foundations of what is “true”. Trump brought a whole alternate reality into the mainstream and now the political parties can’t even again on simple truths. Trumpism is literally cancer for America.
He’s not American. All of this is lost on him.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Paxton said Biden would have won. I guess he’s lying?
You said Biden lost Texas because of Houston

the election results show Houston (Harris County) had 66% turnout

To overcome Trump's 700k lead in Texas, Biden would have needed 100% turnout in Harris County with those additional 34% voting Democratic at an 87% rate

like I said, the math ain't mathing