WHO WINS?

• Total voters

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking on your first point then

The majority of people in here don’t support Trump and are pro black. So that kind of immediately gets rid of that talking point.

Taking that into account, why do we have people from the UK and countries they are too ashamed to name coming in here to morally grandstand and belittle those aforementioned people? Especially considering they are not from here and don’t know our culture or reasons for choosing to support the democrats this cycle?

Ironically one of the people you are defending that’s too ashamed to state where he’s actually from was just trying to convince people that actually live here that Trump would liberate black people worldwide

Post in thread 'ITS ON!!!! The Official President #TrumpSet 8 year Governing Headquarters'
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/its...r-governing-headquarters.424738/post-20061659

So knowing that there is a person out there, not from this country, that is so dumb to believe that, I do take offense to the notion that they can come in here and belittle the opinions of people actually advocating for black Americans

I will make a point that many may disagree on. I think mostly the Gaza war pro-Palestine supporters speak to a glaring and critical issue for them, in a space where the USA's sneeze gives everyone a cold. From that point of view the policy is there to be criticised. That this descends into ad hominem attacks is unfortunately the nature of the coli. We just all need to grow up.

Some things I also believe to be true.

The Harris campaign need to be able to absorb and win despite the criticism.

Pro-Palestine supporters need to stop behaving like there is a choice in this election. Trump would be significantly worse.

So I checked the quote -
"Out of moral conviction I generally support the candidate least likely to continue America's neo-imperialistic foreign policy, and that is Trump in this election. I also believe Trump's domestic politics will at least attempt to halt the neoliberal evacuation of wealth from the underclass, which is disproportionately made up of black people. I believe Trump is the candidate who will most likely lead to domestic and foreign emancipation of black people."

Ok I got no response for that. Those are the words of someone who got it very very wrong. :hubie:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Before I respond to the quoted section. How can you say there's "nothing new to discuss" on policy when we are learning more and more about what Kamala/Walz are proposing and we are also learning more and more about everything that's outlined in "Project 2025" which like it or not could very well become reality if this election goes his way? It's not fearmongering, it's a reality.
There's nothing new to discuss on the specific policy areas you outlined (healthcare, affordable housing, etc). It's not like Kamala just dropped a new healthcare policy last week and everyone ignored it to post about Gaza. You're right that we're learning more and more, but this has been an incredibly policy-light election cycle for obvious reasons, which is why vibes are taking up so much space in this discourse and this thread. I don't believe Project 2025 is fearmongering at all, I just don't see the point in preaching to the choir about it for the millionth time. Everyone in here is completely aligned in thinking Project 2025 sucks, and it's been out for months now. So saying "Wow, did you see this terrible thing in Project 2025" has limited utility in my opinion. I think people should be allowed to post whatever they want as long as its germane to this thread though.

THAT is a primary concern that you and a couple others have mostly ignored which just proves further that a few of you don't actually care about everyday Americans or this election at all...
American foreign policy vis-a-vis the Middle East at a time when we're on the closest precipice to WW3 or an all-out regional war we've been and America is the most significant enabler of Israeli war crimes in one of the most horrific ongoing massacres in the world is ALSO a primary concern for many people. I know it's inconvenient for Kamala and the Dems, but it's absolutely a legitimate field of discussion. I don't think it should be the only topic of discussion in here, but I don't see how caring that my tax dollars are being used to bomb 45,000 people to death over the past year means I don't actually care about everyday Americans or this election, especially when I'm not donating and volunteering to get Kamala elected. A lot of y'all just don't want to be confronted with the shytty actions of the politicians you like.

Now on the quoted section, you are repeating the same thing over and over and it's been discussed more times than I can count. The issue is there's an entire megathread on Israel-Gaza and most of what is discussed here has nothing to do with the election. Also, most people in here do care about Gaza but again there are several other issues that you are ignoring because you don't really care if Americans can afford healthcare or buy groceries or afford housing etc. and we in here DO care about those things..
The Israel-Gaza thread is for opinions and developments in that conflict. The US Presidential General Election thread is for opinions and developments related to the election. If you look at the Israel-Gaza thread, you'll see posts about the ceasefire negotiations, hostage deal, history of the conflict, criticisms of the state of Israel or Hamas' actions, updates on the actions of the IDF, and responses from the international community. None of that is being posted in this thread because it's not relevant to the election. What is being posted in here are reactions to Kamala's statements or positions on that conflict as she campaigns, and then posters engaging in back and forth on their beliefs related to this campaign issue. The same as any other election issue. I think there should be MORE substantive posting on healthcare policy or affordability of housing or climate policy or gun policy, etc. I just don't think it's legitimate to say shut up about Kamala's positions on Gaza so we can glaze her and circle jerk about Project 2025 for the umpteenth time.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Indeed. Dropping some deep political gems here:

Quoting a few posts from TLR that have nothing to do with anything isn't making a point that you think it is. You have posts in TLR yourself... you have nothing... You are just upset because you get buried around here by me and others at every turn.

"Repeating MSNBC.." I barely watch cable news... :mjlol:

Don't get mad at me because you exposed yourself as

1. Having nothing more than very basic surface level knowledge and understanding of politics (See: your backing of Cornel and flip-flopping on him)

2. Don't care about everyday people in the U.S. (See: the fact that you are only in here to throw cold water on progressive ideas and repeat Gaza-Israel talking points and contribute nothing to any other issue that people care about)

You are only here to be divisive and because Israel-Gaza is one issue that's somewhat divisive you hitched your wagon to that. You don't care about it and you are clearly pretending.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/4
Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts on Republican Utah Governor Cox's participation with Trump and the unauthorized visit to Arlington Cemetery during Trump's recent “none” political visit to our fallen soldier's hollowed grounds. While his talk is cheap; the damage has already been done. I hope that Utah is as patriotic as it claims to be and recognizes these actions toward our fallen heroes as inexcusable. 👇🏾

2/4
Utah Governor Apologizes For Campaigning With Photo From Trump's Cemetery Visit
Utah Gov. Apologizes For Campaigning With Photo From Trump's Cemetery Visit

3/4
………. 👇🏾

4/4
…….. 👇🏾

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GWUuIMvWMAAC8db.jpg

GWKH0o8WAAAdyoT.jpg

GWUlfpubQAEFhAp.jpg

GWUX7FFbQAIIIf3.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think there should be MORE substantive posting on healthcare policy or affordability of housing or climate policy or gun policy, etc. I just don't think it's legitimate to say shut up about Kamala's positions on Gaza so we can glaze her and circle jerk about Project 2025 for the umpteenth time.

More disingenuous nonsense. Nobody said "stop talking about Gaza period." The reason you and others ignore the facts is because they don't fit the narrative you have created. The Israel-Gaza conflict does not rank very highly on important issues that everyday Americans are concerned about. That's not to say it shouldn't be discussed, what we are saying is the issues that do rank highly should be discussed more and not drowned out by the constant repeating of what's going on in Gaza.

The only purpose it serves is so you and others can muddy the conversations that others are having in here.