WHO WINS?

• Total voters

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I mean, I'm down to discuss it. Current interest rates are hurting first-time home buyers more than housing prices are at the moment. Hopefully, rate cuts this year and next year help any prospective buyer.
Rates aren’t hurting 1st time buyers. It’s a combination of a low supply of what use to be called starter homes and higher standard of living

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rates aren’t hurting 1st time buyers.
:beli:

i know how mad Blue MAGA gets about bringing up objective facts, i'm not necessarily blaming biden or kamala for inheriting an inflation time bomb, but the fact is that they did. it's a tough problem to be incumbent for :hubie:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first time buyers can get like a 5% mortgage through the fha but you're dumb ass doesn't know anything about the world around you
nice grammar, dumbass. and only a shameless, dikkeating shill would try to pretend that the cost of homeownership hasnt skyrocketed since 2020 :mjlol:

Blue MAGA for the win :banderas:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One day y'all going to learn that @the cac mamba lives in a curated reality that often doesn't align with everyone else's reality.

look at this idiot, bragging that mortgage rates "fell" to 6.4 when they were 3 before covid :mjlol:

i'm not the one trying to create a reality. have some fukking shame :hhh:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

i know how mad Blue MAGA gets about bringing up objective facts, i'm not necessarily blaming biden or kamala for inheriting an inflation time bomb, but the fact is that they did. it's a tough problem to be incumbent for :hubie:

Rates being 7% isn’t high, historically

people by homes based on their monthly mortgages amount not the total price of a home

the problem is 2 fold

1. People just don’t want to live in neighborhoods where the homes are affordable to them because of an increase standard of living

2. Builders can’t make money building cheap homes anymore because the cost of materials and labor are so high. it only makes sense to build “expensive homes”

a first time home buyer tax credit will help some. There was a 8,000 1st time home buyer tax credit at the beginning of the Great Recession

voiture

Superstar
Daps

That's because interest rate is 7%.

When adjusted for a lower rate it's under 2K. I belive the interest rate will be cut after election. It has to be....too political now for the fed to cut rate

Adonai

Pro
Daps
Rates aren’t hurting 1st time buyers. It’s a combination of a low supply of what use to be called starter homes and higher standard of living
They are though.

Take the median housing price of Q2 2024 which is 412,300. The average 30yr fixed conventional as of today is 6.34, now let's say you put down 5% on that house. At today's current rate, the P&I is ~2,435 a month.

Drop that rate down to 4% and the P&I will be ~1,870. That's $565 a month breh. That amount keeps many FTHBs out of the market as many can not swing that much a month. Now mind you we just hit 6.34 as rates have been hovering around 7 since mid-2023.